UFO Afterlight site finally has working screenshots!

Well,after looking at the UFOAL site earlier tonight I was pleased to see they finally got their images section finished.Some of the shots got me quite interested,especially the Mars terraforming aspect of the game.

One thing I will say from what ive seen so far is that the game colours look more vivid,mainly in the sprites,lots of bold colours (not sure if it is a good or a bad thing),but one thing for sure is that i'm looking forward to bloody buying it! :thinking:

https://www.ufo-afterlight.com/pages/hq.html

What do YOU think to the new artistic style Slaughter? I don't know if its just my perception of things but,do you think it looks TOO colourful?,I mean there does seem to be a lot of bright blues and reds present,on the equipment in particular.Maybe its a new revolutionary material?,and the days of 21st century alloys have been obsolete by now :thinking:

In no way am I critisizing the game in such an early stage,at least not a game as popular as UFO,and im confident it will all turn out great in the end,im merely curious thats all.

Sorry about the post too,I forgot there was a UFOAL forum.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
if zou ask me (you didn't, but stil...), the game is already too cartoonish. The best example I can find is that landed Reticulan ship in the first picture. The lack of detail really makes me wonder if this is a sequel of mighty Aftermath. Although I agree that the game is still in an early stage of development, I fear that the graphics engine will remain the same until the release. For comments about about this, visit my thread in Aftershock.

But if the gameplay outweighs any graphics issues... ;)

X-COM Apocalypse might not be the best example as not everyone liked it, but it had awesome gameplay whilst looking like someone had been let loose with a pack of colouring crayons :)

• 1 month later...
I think it look to cartoonish too. But I agree if the gameplay and storyline is great, it dosen't matter that much with the colors.

And ufo apocalypse was a really really great game...

IMO the art has improved 100% since the start of the project when those cartoon art pics were released. Now things seem to be shaping up.