Problem to start Mission :/

ABuster

I haven't gotten that exact same error, but I have had more than a few "assert_fatal" errors loading from saved tactical games (games saved during the squad-based missions instead of in geoscape mode). These errors always shut down Windows completely--they auto-rebooted my machine.

My only solution is to save the game A LOT. Some of these errors will kill your game before you even start loading--if a saved game is corrupted, it can give you one of those "assert_fatal" errors just looking at the list of saved games. If this occurs, you then have the unlucky task of trying to guess which saved game is corrupted, find and delete it using Windows Explorer, then launch the game and hope for the best.

I did have luck once editing a saved game file, but it was only partially successful--it loaded, but was corrupted every time I saved it later. Someone with more knowledge of the files may be able to hack their way to recover a corrupted game.

My advice is to save just before your squad's helicoptor reaches a mission, and save many times (in separate files) during a mission. Just to be safe, save many times in separate files in the geoscape mode, too. After you've gotten through a few game-days, then delete the oldest saves to clear up your saved game directory.

Good luck...

--Zeno

oh dang.. well i think i cant solve this problem on this way.. cuz i cant start a mission.. its impossible..

but thank you.. I will try the official support e-mail and forums ..

but if anyone has still answer.. i would be grateful, i let you know if i got to solve it.