New staff and reviews

New staff added:

StrategyCore is slowly growing, and so is our need for staff. Everything from forum moderation to content creation is a lot of work, and therefore two new members have joined our team. Azrael Strife will post news on strategy games, moderate the forums and create some content. Crazy Gringo will pay special attention to the Silent Storm section, and help post news and create content. Welcome to both of you, and thank you for wanting to help! More information on our staff can be found in this page.

If anyone else would like to help StrategyCore in any way, that is most welcome! We're always looking for new content and news, and even new staff. If you would like to know what sort of content we're looking for, check out this topic.

StrategyCore reviews:

Since StrategyCore is growing, we are also expanding our coverage. Reviews are something we haven't done before that you can expect to see more of in the time to come. Our core games X-COM, Silent Storm and UFO: Aftermath / Aftershock will soon be reviewed, along with some other games our staff is interested in. We are also open to suggestions from the community; so do let us know if there is any particular game you'd like us to check out!

Things are moving forward eh? Lovely.

It doesn't sound like you need my help with anything at the moment, at least not by looking at the topic linked in the news, but if you ever need another reviewer or some graphics' for the community then you know where to find me :thinking:

so do let us know if there is any particular game you'd like us to check out!

How about COPS 2170: Power of Law? It's a sci-fi turn-based tactical game. I've read some very negative things about it in the past, but I don't know anyone who's actually played it.

How about COPS 2170: Power of Law? It's a sci-fi turn-based tactical game. I've read some very negative things about it in the past, but I don't know anyone who's actually played it.

Me neither! I've been wanting to know what's up with that game. If anyone in the staff is interested in writing a review we'll definitively do it. Thanks for the suggestion!

• 1 year later...

Also, maybe we could ask our friends from The Last Outpost if we could borrow their UFO: Aftermath review? I loved that review :)

You mean the one found under UFO Series->Aftermath->Review?

That being said, we'll have a section listing the reviews and previews up soon.

I tried a *cough* unofficial version of it sometime in early 2006 ... and uninstalled it pretty fast. Gave it two missions or so to grab me, and it didn't. A horrible and above all *slow* interface turned me off what could've been an enjoyable game.

A shame, it looked promising...

Anyone played Night Watch?

• 3 weeks later...