About the Da Vinci Code movie

Azrael Strife

lol! Also it must be the only movie that involves a smartcar in some sort of 'high' (high speed in a smart car?! :P)

No I havn't watched it (nor do I intend to!). But I have seen trailers and adverts for it, and it for some reason has a smartcar in it... a smartcar... they're like...smartcars...

lol! Also it must be the only movie that involves a smartcar in some sort of 'high' (high speed in a smart car?! :P)

No I havn't watched it (nor do I intend to!). But I have seen trailers and adverts for it, and it for some reason has a smartcar in it... a smartcar... they're like...smartcars...

Oooh-kay... :P *backs away slowly*

A bit off-topic, as I haven't seen the movie yet. But the smartcar-chase tangent reminded me of a movie from a couple years ago, "Ong-Bak". It's a martial-arts action movie set in modern-day Thailand, and has a car chase scene.

But it isn't cars. It's Tuk-Tuks! Tuk-tuks are 3-wheeled little go-cart type machines powered with (loud) motorcycle engines, designed to carry passengers in the back seat. They don't go fast, but they weave pretty well, if you're careful not to roll over...

--Zeno

New project for Monster garage....Monsterize the Smart Fourtwo....With putting in a 423 hp Polaris snowmobile engine and set a landspeed record for the fastest Smartcar ever....

I have seen the movie and lots of stuff from the book has been left on the cutting room floor (Silas' redemption/death scene to name one). Otherwise it could have been a 3 to 4 hours marathon.

It kinda reminds me of the the Lord of the Rings with the characters pages long monologues which had to suffer due to the 2.5 hours 'time limit' (Where did Tom Bombadil go, Peter Jackson?). At least Peter Jackson made the special editions which gives the movies a bit more context compared to the books.

When I read the book I imagined Teabing being this fellow here. Sir Patrick Moore

Ian McKellen does a good job but he is just to 'clean' looking and not as and scruffy-looking as a devoted grail seeker as Teabing is.

Any taker on who would have been a better Robert Langdon then Tom 'I-have-only-on-facial-expression' Hanks? It does not have to be a actor just someone that is known to the general public.