TFTD Fanfic quick reference

The Veteran

Right I've recently returned to the UFO fic from a long absence and I'm having trouble remembering who's on what squad with what weapons, and who died on what missions in what way etc. and so on!

Now that we have a nice new shiny TFTD fic I think we can avoid that happening again so I'm putting this quick reference topic in here for any newbies to the fic or simply people who've suffered long absences such as myself!

Currently very little has been covered by the TFTD fic.

SORESO (The Sub-Oceanic Reconaissance and Extraterrestrial Salvage Operations) led by F Denman Williams (A slightly insane tycoon intent on being remembered above all else) has been taken by the 16 ruling nations and handed to XCom.

XCom is now operating, although relatively poorly funded currently, from a base in Western Europe. This base is called Alpha-01, it is the 'Experimental Underwater Facility-01' from the TFTD introduction movie.

Location of this base is still undetermined. It was constructed in the Western seacliffs of either Ireland or Normandy. We'll hash that out in time...

Two more XCom constructed bases already exist from the AW1-AW2 interlude period. These bases are currently inactive and will remain so for some time. For future reference however Alpha-02 is sunk into the seabed north of Australia (Indonesian Isles area) and Alpha-03 (previously purchased and used by Denman and SORESO as a base of operations for aquatic elerium recovery) is a floating base with the front of an oil rig situated centrally in the Pacific ocean.

As far as craft go at Alpha-01 there are two Barracudas and one Triton. That's all at the moment. Alpha-02 and 03 both have functioning sonar systems so we have a fairly extensive array of detection but only over submersibles. Remember that USO can fly too so sonar won't catch them!

Most important on this list as the fanfic proceeds will be crew and positions. So far this is our one and only squad, including the deceased and what happened to them.

Able Seaman Mark Reynolds

Accounting Trolls character. 30yrs old joined XCom March 2039

Able Seaman Brian Goldstein

Filler Recovered Crawley's corpse from the Hyperion wreck

Able Seaman Andrew Munt

My Character. 23yrs old joined XCom July 2036

Able Seaman Matthew Gardna

DEAD killed while examining USO-01 at the Hyperion wreck

Seaman Scott Gasvin

Filler alive

Seaman Dale Peterson

Filler alive

Seamen Richard Pritchard

Filler Kills and recovers only alien casualty from the Hyperion wreck

Seaman Peter Brines

DEAD Shot dead by aliens on return to Triton-01

Seaman Jake Burton

DEAD Dies in opening sequence TFTD (originally Barracuda pilot)

Seaman Joseph Crawley

DEAD Shot dead by aliens soon after Burton

Other characters include;

Able Seaman Sergei Kolcov

Dumb Commanders character. 32yrs old will join in upcoming post

Dr Patrick Zager

Zagers UFO character 95yrs old will join in upcoming post

Keep your eyes peeled for changes in this thread, I'll edit at the start and finish of every mission or at other times in the fic if the story requires it.

Feel free to post in here to correct any errors I may have made or to point out anything of relevance but this is NOT a discussion board and therefore once recommendations have been put into effect the initial post will most likely be removed. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's update no.1 following the successful recovery of USO-01 (post 15 concludes this mission) I've decided to update this thread with a new post each time rather than to edit just one post repeatedly. That way we can continue to see the entire history of the fanfic at just a glance. So here it it!

(The introductory paragraphs and some other information in this post is identical to previous recaps)

XCom is now operating, although relatively poorly funded currently, from a base in Western Europe. This base is called Alpha-01, it is the 'Experimental Underwater Facility-01' from the TFTD introduction movie.

Location of this base is still undetermined. It was constructed in the Western seacliffs of either Ireland or Normandy. We'll hash that out in time...

Two more XCom constructed bases already exist from the AW1-AW2 interlude period. These bases are currently inactive and will remain so for some time. For future reference however Alpha-02 is sunk into the seabed north of Australia (Indonesian Isles area) and Alpha-03 (previously purchased and used by Denman and SORESO as a base of operations for aquatic elerium recovery) is a floating base with the front of an oil rig situated centrally in the Pacific ocean.

As far as craft go at Alpha-01 there are two Barracudas and one Triton. That's all at the moment. Alpha-02 and 03 both have functioning sonar systems so we have a fairly extensive array of detection but only over submersibles. Remember that USOs can fly too so sonar won't catch them!

Most important on this list as the fanfic proceeds will be crew and positions. So far this is our one and only squad, including the deceased and what happened to them.

Pilots

Jonathon Finn Barracuda pilot

My character. 26yrs old joined SORESO 2034

Current recruits

Sergeant Edward Nielsen

Introduced as a temporary tactical command figurehead. Will occasionally attend missions, can live or die as people wish. Killed one alien at USO-01

Able Seaman Mark Reynolds

Accounting Trolls character. 30yrs old joined XCom March 2039

Able Seaman Brian Goldstein

DEAD Recovered Crawley's corpse from the Hyperion wreck killed by Aquatoid at USO-02

Able Seaman Andrew Munt

My Character. 23yrs old joined XCom July 2036

Seaman Scott Gasvin

Dumb Commander's character. 29yrs old joined XCom August 2039

Seaman Dale Peterson

Filler alive

Seamen Richard Pritchard

Filler Kills and recovers only alien casualty from the Hyperion wreck

Alexander Milne

Uriaheep's character. 35yrs old transferred from flight maintenance

New recruits

Michael Cellman

Dumb Commander's character. 46yrs old joined XCom beginning of conflict

Able Seaman Sergei Kolcov

Dumb Commanders character. 32yrs old will join in upcoming post

Leopold Toping "Scope"

Dumb Commander's character. 34yrs old enroute

Sato Tagachi

Zager's character. 36year old professional ex-military diver (to be head-hunted)

Other characters include;

Elizabeth Anson

Accounting Troll's character. 38yrs old Commander of XCom

Ali Hussein Recruitng Sergeant

Accounting Troll's character. 63yrs old joined XCom Alien War 1 rejoined beginning of conflict

Dr Patrick Zager Scientist

Zagers UFO character 95yrs old joined XCom Alien War 1 rejoined beginning of conflict

David Brown Engineer

Storm Turmoil's character. 66yrs old joined XCom Alien War 1 rejoined beginning of conflict

Cristophe Ferreau

Uriaheep's character. 33yrs old currently applying to join XCom

Keep your eyes peeled for changes in this thread, I'll edit at the start and finish of every mission or at other times in the fic if the story requires it.

Feel free to post in here to correct any errors I may have made or to point out anything of relevance but this is NOT a discussion board and therefore once recommendations have been put into effect the initial post will most likely be removed. Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...