2 replies to this topic

#1 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 02:28 PM

Right I've recently returned to the UFO fic from a long absence and I'm having trouble remembering who's on what squad with what weapons, and who died on what missions in what way etc. and so on!

Now that we have a nice new shiny TFTD fic I think we can avoid that happening again so I'm putting this quick reference topic in here for any newbies to the fic or simply people who've suffered long absences such as myself!

Currently very little has been covered by the TFTD fic.
SORESO (The Sub-Oceanic Reconaissance and Extraterrestrial Salvage Operations) led by F Denman Williams (A slightly insane tycoon intent on being remembered above all else) has been taken by the 16 ruling nations and handed to XCom.

XCom is now operating, although relatively poorly funded currently, from a base in Western Europe. This base is called Alpha-01, it is the 'Experimental Underwater Facility-01' from the TFTD introduction movie.
Location of this base is still undetermined. It was constructed in the Western seacliffs of either Ireland or Normandy. We'll hash that out in time...

Two more XCom constructed bases already exist from the AW1-AW2 interlude period. These bases are currently inactive and will remain so for some time. For future reference however Alpha-02 is sunk into the seabed north of Australia (Indonesian Isles area) and Alpha-03 (previously purchased and used by Denman and SORESO as a base of operations for aquatic elerium recovery) is a floating base with the front of an oil rig situated centrally in the Pacific ocean.

As far as craft go at Alpha-01 there are two Barracudas and one Triton. That's all at the moment. Alpha-02 and 03 both have functioning sonar systems so we have a fairly extensive array of detection but only over submersibles. Remember that USO can fly too so sonar won't catch them!

Most important on this list as the fanfic proceeds will be crew and positions. So far this is our one and only squad, including the deceased and what happened to them.

Able Seaman Mark Reynolds
  Accounting Trolls character. 30yrs old joined XCom March 2039
Able Seaman Brian Goldstein
  Filler Recovered Crawley's corpse from the Hyperion wreck
Able Seaman Andrew Munt
  My Character. 23yrs old joined XCom July 2036
Able Seaman Matthew Gardna
  DEAD killed while examining USO-01 at the Hyperion wreck
Seaman Scott Gasvin
  Filler alive
Seaman Dale Peterson
  Filler alive
Seamen Richard Pritchard
  Filler Kills and recovers only alien casualty from the Hyperion wreck
Seaman Peter Brines
  DEAD Shot dead by aliens on return to Triton-01
Seaman Jake Burton
  DEAD Dies in opening sequence TFTD (originally Barracuda pilot)
Seaman Joseph Crawley
  DEAD Shot dead by aliens soon after Burton

Other characters include;
Able Seaman Sergei Kolcov
  Dumb Commanders character. 32yrs old will join in upcoming post
Dr Patrick Zager
  Zagers UFO character 95yrs old will join in upcoming post

Keep your eyes peeled for changes in this thread, I'll edit at the start and finish of every mission or at other times in the fic if the story requires it.
Feel free to post in here to correct any errors I may have made or to point out anything of relevance but this is NOT a discussion board and therefore once recommendations have been put into effect the initial post will most likely be removed. Enjoy!
Welcome back to the wonderful world of Fan-fiction! (it's short for fantastic!)
Go check em out, UFO TFTD and Apocalypse all under one roof!!!

Also why not check out XCom : Colonisation over in the special projects forum. Won't kill you if you do, might kill you if you don't!

#2 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 03:51 PM

Here's update no.1 following the successful recovery of USO-01 (post 15 concludes this mission) I've decided to update this thread with a new post each time rather than to edit  just one post repeatedly. That way we can continue to see the entire history of the fanfic at just a glance. So here it it!

(The introductory paragraphs and some other information in this post is identical to previous recaps)

XCom is now operating, although relatively poorly funded currently, from a base in Western Europe. This base is called Alpha-01, it is the 'Experimental Underwater Facility-01' from the TFTD introduction movie.
Location of this base is still undetermined. It was constructed in the Western seacliffs of either Ireland or Normandy. We'll hash that out in time...

Two more XCom constructed bases already exist from the AW1-AW2 interlude period. These bases are currently inactive and will remain so for some time. For future reference however Alpha-02 is sunk into the seabed north of Australia (Indonesian Isles area) and Alpha-03 (previously purchased and used by Denman and SORESO as a base of operations for aquatic elerium recovery) is a floating base with the front of an oil rig situated centrally in the Pacific ocean.

As far as craft go at Alpha-01 there are two Barracudas and one Triton. That's all at the moment. Alpha-02 and 03 both have functioning sonar systems so we have a fairly extensive array of detection but only over submersibles. Remember that USOs can fly too so sonar won't catch them!

Most important on this list as the fanfic proceeds will be crew and positions. So far this is our one and only squad, including the deceased and what happened to them.

Pilots
Jonathon Finn Barracuda pilot
My character. 26yrs old joined SORESO 2034

Current recruits
Sergeant Edward Nielsen
Introduced as a temporary tactical command figurehead. Will occasionally attend missions, can live or die as people wish. Killed one alien at USO-01
Able Seaman Mark Reynolds
Accounting Trolls character. 30yrs old joined XCom March 2039
Able Seaman Brian Goldstein
DEAD Recovered Crawley's corpse from the Hyperion wreck killed by Aquatoid at USO-02
Able Seaman Andrew Munt
My Character. 23yrs old joined XCom July 2036
Seaman Scott Gasvin
Dumb Commander's character. 29yrs old joined XCom August 2039
Seaman Dale Peterson
Filler alive
Seamen Richard Pritchard
Filler Kills and recovers only alien casualty from the Hyperion wreck
Alexander Milne
Uriaheep's character. 35yrs old transferred from flight maintenance

New recruits
Michael Cellman
Dumb Commander's character. 46yrs old joined XCom beginning of conflict
Able Seaman Sergei Kolcov
Dumb Commanders character. 32yrs old will join in upcoming post
Leopold Toping "Scope"
Dumb Commander's character. 34yrs old enroute
Sato Tagachi
Zager's character. 36year old professional ex-military diver (to be head-hunted)

Other characters include;
Elizabeth Anson
Accounting Troll's character. 38yrs old Commander of XCom
Ali Hussein Recruitng Sergeant
Accounting Troll's character. 63yrs old joined XCom Alien War 1 rejoined beginning of conflict
Dr Patrick Zager Scientist
Zagers UFO character 95yrs old joined XCom Alien War 1 rejoined beginning of conflict
David Brown Engineer
Storm Turmoil's character. 66yrs old joined XCom Alien War 1 rejoined beginning of conflict
Cristophe Ferreau
Uriaheep's character. 33yrs old currently applying to join XCom

Keep your eyes peeled for changes in this thread, I'll edit at the start and finish of every mission or at other times in the fic if the story requires it.
Feel free to post in here to correct any errors I may have made or to point out anything of relevance but this is NOT a discussion board and therefore once recommendations have been put into effect the initial post will most likely be removed. Enjoy!

Also why not check out XCom : Colonisation over in the special projects forum. Won't kill you if you do, might kill you if you don't!

#3 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:13 AM

Topic updated 0215 07/06/06

Vet

added Elizabeth Anson, Alexander Milne, Leopold Toping and Sato Tagachi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users