I haven't visited the UFO2000 website in a while, but was pleasantly surprised to see a new beta was released on April 11. Changes from the last version include:
- Now the game uses ufo2000.xcomufo.com server by default
- Added a new 'zombie' unit skin into our set of free graphics (Sporb)
- UFO2000 weapons updated (Sporb)
- Fixed MacOS compatibility problems (Serge)
- Fixed some problems with video mode initialization (Serge)
- Now we only need a single server which can handle both beta and stable versions of the game (Serge)
- Fixed some potential security problems with the game server (Serge)
- Some minor performance optimizations and other fixes.
You can download the latest version here
My X-COM Patch Kit For UFO Defense | Emergency XCOM Meeting spoof on YouTube
Zombie: Empirical data's your only man, when formulating a research plan.
A soldier's death is never in vain if it makes the formula more plain.
A few dozen make a better case for refining that third decimal place.
They call me Zombie because I don't sleep, as I slowly struggle to climb this heap,
of corpses, data points, and trials, but from the top - I'll see for miles!