Searching textures with IDs...

KoMik

Hey eeverybody.

I try to make at least some sort of Finnish police uniforms and these are the first 'my-copy&edit-prototypes' - NOT detailed!

https://koti.mbnet.fi/sil5i/Screenies/finnishpolices.jpg

Anyway, I had a little problem with finding textures. I would like to edit/use USSR_FieldCap model for the other head gear (left one, would look more realistic) but I haven't found the current texture (ID=6669 :eh:). I'm looking from S3.res because H&S textures.res is so huge.

Mr Novik wrote this post some time ago:

About Textures.res. Some textures (8888 and ather format) has ONE file. Some (dxt) - TWO.

First file = ID of texture (used for low resolution) , second = ID+0x1000000 (used for high resolution). In second case you can convert with MMP2TGA second file only.

But I'm so idiot that I really don't know how to calculate 6669+0x1000000. Could anyone help me to plus×?

Thanks.

I have been building maps, editing units and scripting. Today I decided to have fun in the game but then problems arrived. While doing all stuff same way than in S2&3's editors - I'm encountering some strange complications:

1) ? DataImport doesn't extract buildings.files to "Buildings.RES" file from the folder. Waypoints, chapters and global files does pack to .RES files and all works proberly in game.

Edit: Solution --> Forget .RES files, copy-paste !subdirs! (+sickle.db+description.txt) to an new mod folder. Those works alright!

2) My textures are shown in the editor very well, building mod packs "Textures.RES" file but in game those are black/white spots.

Edit: Same solution as above. Works fine! :eh:

3) Console shows this message while playing campaign zones ERROR: found bad reference object on SaveWorld(9670193). This doesn't happen in the editor. What is this SaveWorld? Something to do with uniforms? I have added uniform textures for my new uniforms+items.

1) ? DataImport doesn't extract buildings.files to "Buildings.RES"

2) Forget .RES files, copy-paste

Will be fixed (by normal way, with correct .RES files usage etc) in official patch only.

Another known bug - you can't create new chapter in editor. I will fix it and upload correct editor version tomorrow.

3) Console shows this message while playing campaign zones ERROR: found bad reference object on SaveWorld(9670193). This doesn't happen in the editor. What is this SaveWorld?

This is a debug output. For me only :eh: All correct - forget about this message, it has'nt relation to your mod.

Edited by Novik

Just one 'new' thing. I didn't mentioned in my above post that Terrain.RES doesn't appear in the game ... but maybe you already knew that.

Will be fixed (by normal way, with correct .RES files usage etc) in official patch only.

Great oh'jeh! Waiting for it. :eh:

Should I start my current mods with an new database then? I mean, are my dbs too corrupted for the new patch or something? Editing in editor seems to work fine so far, only "building" made complications.

By the way, I love those new graphics; building spots, day/night and ambiet lights. Marvelous job! Now I can make more dusty/dirty/horror/realistic/non-candy atmosphere to my mods. And all new objects are more than welcome.

Thanks Novik.

Just one 'new' thing. I didn't mentioned in my above post that Terrain.RES doesn't appear in the game ... but maybe you already knew that.

Excuse me, don't understand. Write more detailed, please.

Should I start my current mods with an new database then?

You may migrate it to new database in "semi-automatic" way. With S2Differ.

To do this you need

1) Download official editor patch, which will contain new original database.

2) Backup your mod (and old original database for some reason)

3) run

S2Differ x YouModName

This command create file YouModName\YouModName.hsm - this file contain difference between you mod and original database.

4) Stop SQL-server, install patch, start SQL-server

5) Run

S2Differ a YouModName

This command copy new original database to mod directory and apply your changes to it.

6) Delete file YouModName\sickle_original.db

7) Now you have your mod "over new database".

Ofcourse, some bad things may occured. For example, if you change some original script and patch change it too - patch changes *in this script* wil be lost. You need synchronize this changes "by hands". Etc.

Edited by Novik

Write more detailed, please.
OK. "Building" in editor imports "Terrains.RES" file but in game all templates are flats. No 3D-grounds/reliefs/hills etc. All works fine if I copy-paste the whole Terrains folder. So in other words: HeightMaps doesn't appear in the game (In editor, yes) so "Terrains.RES" is useless, like "Textures.RES" file (and maybe some others ... Waypoints, Globals and Chapter .RESs works fine).

S2Differ x YouModName & S2Differ a YouModName
Excuse me, but I'm not very familiar with CommandPromt or it's commands (if used to this?). You mean just open S2Differ from the icon or run via CommandPromt? Where I must write S2Differ x/a MyModName? Sorry to be so damn unpro but... :eh:

For example, if you change some original script and patch change it too - patch changes *in this script* wil be lost.
I have one mod (FinnishMod) which changes strings but two other mods includes just my created items/IDs (templates, waypoints, textures, materials, models, uniforms, items, pers, strings and scripts). With those mods I tried to be sure that I won't edit anything in orginals (start zone from the GlobalMap I have changed ofcourse ... and copied-pasted some cool new script functions :P). Should I anyway migrate those 'not any edits to orginals' mods? My own IDs values are set to begin from 5000000.

OK. "Building" in editor imports "Terrains.RES" file but in game all templates are flats.

Don't use .RES files at all. Use corresponding subdirectories.

Excuse me, but I'm not very familiar with CommandPromt or it's commands

Errr... Forget about this. When (and if) path will be realised, i will describe process more detail, OK?

I have one mod (FinnishMod) which changes strings but two other mods includes

In that case all will be normal.

Edited by Novik

When (and if) path will be realised, i will describe process more detail, OK?
OK, thanks. I will do my things 'till that day' and not worry to waste my time for mods which may not work at all. Idling and vaining jobs make me frustrated. Hopefully you get time (and trouble) for releasing the patch but it's really up to you. You decide and I have to accept that AND please, don't rush because pressure (I have time for waiting).

In that case all will be normal.
That was what I wanted to hear. :P Phhhff... *relieved sigh* :eh:

Thank you very much Novik for your spring time! Have fun and all. Sun is shining.