I wanna laugh loudly about " Neutralize Bombs " mission

Hi guys,

thanks about the welcome on the forum,

I am in the subject mission,tried it 10+ times but I am sure another bug is present ;

I have tried to stun the stunnable both with stunning pistol and rifle , I have 5 men , no engineer but if I manage to blow up dynamite ( instead of using engineer ) every time I have only 4 turms before eveything blow up.

If I do not blow it up the result is exactly the same,a countdown starts and after 5 turns whatever thing I do everythings explodes,even if I am able to kill 2/3 men.

I have tried to use snipers but after 5 turns everything explodes and even if I clear the room to gain a safe place outside the room the game is over.

I would like to know how can you beat them in 5 turns ?????????????? I think another heavy bug is present.

Thanks

Boomer

Hi guys,

thanks about the welcome on the forum,

I am in the subject mission,tried it 10+ times but I am sure another bug is present ;

I have tried to stun the stunnable both with stunning pistol and rifle , I have 5 men , no engineer but if I manage to blow up dynamite ( instead of using engineer ) every time I have only 4 turms before eveything blow up.

If I do not blow it up the result is exactly the same,a countdown starts and after 5 turns whatever thing I do everythings explodes,even if I am able to kill 2/3 men.

I have tried to use snipers but after 5 turns everything explodes and even if I clear the room to gain a safe place outside the room the game is over.

I would like to know how can you beat them in 5 turns ?????????????? I think another heavy bug is present.

Thanks

Boomer

In addition I have to say that I am looking for a cheat to jump this bug but I am seriously worried about the fact that if my men were unvulnerable via cheat I won't be able as well to kill them all within 5 turns there fore I am pretty frustrated about Nival minds that are fake or viceversa i am retarded.

Boomer

Nival programmers must be very rookie...................I enabled godmode to bypass this bug and bombs explodes as well giving me game over even if my soldier are in godmode..............

1 ) How am I supposed to bypass the bug if even cheating giving my squad invulnerability the game gets over ???

2 ) if I don't have engineers , how am I supposed to disable bombs ?

3 ) if this mission can't be played without engineers I would have appreciated a little efforts from programmers testing what they did BEFORE releasing it to customer fuck

4 ) I have already searched through the forum but it seems none knows how to proceed without engineer

5 ) do you know any cheats more powerful than beeing unvulnerable ? it seems I have to perform a .dll crack in order to betatesting this game

Thanks

Boomer

The 'Neutralize Bombs' mission aka. Save the UN mission is hard to the point of being a royal pain in the backside. And it is not bugged it is just hard....Have you patched the game with the official patch by any chance?

There was some useful tips in the forums at Nival but it looks like that they cleaned out in the old topics.

Otherwise all I can say is use stealth since it is a stealth mission.

Otherwise try this thread

UN mission thread

Next time try the search function to find a solution to your problems before posting. In this case trying searching the forums for 'UN mission' and sort through the search results.

Jast for whomever is in needing , even if I know this game is 2 years old, the only way to get out of this bug ( if you havn't yet managed to do that ) is to cheat using the one who eliminates the AI, easily findable with Google.

Personally I never cheat in games, but if there is an huge trigger/event bug in the game that stops the game in this case it has been the only solution.

I hope I won't " randomly encounter " bugs like that anymore :lovetammy:

Thanks also to Crazy Gringo to have helped me finding the solution :D

Boomer

I had trouble with it at first because my entire squad just went in one way. The second time I tried I split my squad up, through caution into the wind and charged them from both ways killing everyone in a few rounds. Bombs get dismantled automatically. All was well.

I just got to this part myself. I fluked into spliting up my squad which happened to be the best way to do it, moved my guys up the stairs towards the doors (which were already opened by someone), before I even make it to the doors the cutscene goes off and now I cant reload except from the beginning of the map. So I tried it a few times, learning how the AI moves around, but I still cant get lucky enough to defuse whatever they plant in 3 rounds... speaking of which, why is everyone else mentioning 5 rounds? For me its 3. Anyways, I think Ill start the mission over so I can at least save before the cutscene.

"Bombs get dismantled automatically."

You mean if you kill them all you dont need to defuse?

Hm... first off,

the game is neither buggy nor stupid when you can't solve this mission although you have godmode on. The mission goals say: Disarm the bombs. There's a whole building above the cellar with the bombs (that's why Thor's Hammer is planting it in the cellar anyway), and when the bombs blow up, that building comes down killing everybody inside - i.e. the UN ambassadors. It doesn't matter the slightest if your men are invulnerable to the bombs explosion, you still failed the objective to disarm the bombs.

Perhaps you should have used logic on the mechanics of this mission, then you wouldn't have had to resolve to cheats. I'm actually surprised that you say you don't cheat in other games, when you make such rash mistakes and fail for so obvious reasons.

Now to something helpful:

The mission is well finishable without using cheats. Most people prefer to split up their squad, but from my experience that isn't even necessary.

It's all about understanding which tactic the mission is expecting from you. That is stealth in the first part, and reckless storming in the bomb part.

In fact, how you get to the bomb part is not important, as long as you bring your whole squad in a fairly good shape. Take as much time as you want, the bomb time won't start before you trigger the cut scene.

Then, position your squad so that you can trigger the cut scene any second. What you'll have to do is simply storm the room.

There are enough tactics about the details, but I'll leave that up to you. I always managed with the simple, brute running-in-and-plugging-everyone. Just incapacitate all 4 guys in there within the three rounds, and then you should have all the time in the world to disarm the bombs.

Another tip: You can see the bomb-laying THO the best when you enter from the Western door. Kill him first, then you won't have to worry about him setting up more bombs.

PS: It would be wise to make a save when you've set up your team for storming the room, and I don't mean a quicksave.

Ok, to conclude my above post, I finished this mission the other night - It was almost impossible to do, especially the first time I ran thru it when there was no ammo for the air guns in the box. If it werent for those weapons I dont think I couldve pulled it off without fluking out in some way.

I had to bring my whole team in from the right side (looking at teh map with the stairs on the bottom of the screen), I think there was a bug or something going the other way b/c the game wouldnt let me defuse the mines blocking the hallway, that first bomb is almost right on the edge so there was no place for my defuser to stand. No biggie.

So I tried around 10 times to be able to rush in and kill everyone asap, but the fact is, it almost takes 3 round of straight running to get yer guy to the bombs on the far side of the room which is kinda retarded. Finally I decided to try out these airguns, best descision I ever made! I took out the guy behind the pillar with the pistol, and took out the guy north of him with the rifle - from that point the rest was kinda easy.

To summarize:

USE THE AIRGUNS!

hi, it is a really easy mission if your are doing it in stealth way:

read the topic: UN Bomb mission "going crazy and getting blow up"

I explain a way to do, playing "hard, ennemy full AP", and you got the screenshots in: S2 / S3 / H&S Support "your best screenshot page 2, post of 2 April 2006.

try this way, they did not even set up the clockdynamite; as long as you do not go futher of the pillar and you get a good scout.

good game

Well I can see you are using Shade, it gets me wondering what level the rest of your party is. You have to consider people coming on these forums for help are on their first time through the game, their characters might be low(er) level etc etc.

In which case I still think the best strategy is to use the dart guns.

https://www.strategycore.co.uk/forums/index...opic=4643&st=20

Since I have the time, I might as well elaborate on my tactics on this mission.

I played the campaign 3,5 times. The first time I encountered this mission I got my ass kicked horribly (no save before entering the cutscene :eh: ). Then I replayed it and it wasn't such a problem anymore.

The key is to come through the western door. In all my four attempts a THO would trigger at least some of his own mines before I got there. Only once my grenadier had to trigger the last mine with a grenade and receive his punishment.

I never split up my squad for the bomb room, and I used the tranquilizer darts only in one of my three successful attempts. I just lined up my squad in what I felt was a logical order, and then stormed the room.

The mechanic ran for the first bomb no-matter-what, and the rest of the squad provided cover fire. My sniper alone would take out one guy per turn, and then there were the soldier and the grenadier with their light MGs wrecking the room. With some use of the quicksave and -load keys, I finished the THOs off in time and got to defuse the only bomb they ever managed to plant before it exploded, and this I achieved without any KIAs in my team.

What I want to point out is that you can finish this mission successfully without very elaborated tricks and tactics. Of course, if you go for realism (no quicksave/-load orgies etc.) and finesse, then you should definitely split up your team and make use of the tranquilizer gun you can find in the level. But after spending almost 40 minutes just to get to the bomb room, I never could be bothered :P

And 1 further point, Ill answer my own question from a couple posts back:

"You mean if you kill them all you dont need to defuse?"

Yes, even if they plant all 4 (I think 2 were planted in my game), if you kill all 4 enemies you win, no need to defuse them.

I'm about to start this mission.

I've been successfully employing a mix of flanking moves, sniping, stealth sub-machine gun attacks, and grenade lobbing - but I think I'll opt for stealth on this one.

I have one sniper, one soldier, one scout, and one engineer. My engineer isn't leveled too high, about 4, so I hope he can handle these bombs.

So if you take out the terrorists, does the mission end or do I still have to defuse the explosives?

I'm about to start this mission.

I've been successfully employing a mix of flanking moves, sniping, stealth sub-machine gun attacks, and grenade lobbing - but I think I'll opt for stealth on this one.

I have one sniper, one soldier, one scout, and one engineer. My engineer isn't leveled too high, about 4, so I hope he can handle these bombs.

So if you take out the terrorists, does the mission end or do I still have to defuse the explosives?

After eliminating the terrorists, the game will go to real time mode and you can defuse the bombs at your leisure. I'm not sure if you have to do this or not, but I thought defusing the bombs was a mission critical parameter and so the game won't let you leave the mission until these are complete. If the "leave" button on the top of the screen turns green though you can go when you want.

BTW, you will find this mission very difficult with only 4 squad members and a level 4 engineer. Read this forum a bit more for all sorts of useful tips on how to get some more money and things so you can have a full team and a decent engineer :eh:

After eliminating the terrorists, the game will go to real time mode and you can defuse the bombs at your leisure. I'm not sure if you have to do this or not, but I thought defusing the bombs was a mission critical parameter and so the game won't let you leave the mission until these are complete. If the "leave" button on the top of the screen turns green though you can go when you want.

BTW, you will find this mission very difficult with only 4 squad members and a level 4 engineer. Read this forum a bit more for all sorts of useful tips on how to get some more money and things so you can have a full team and a decent engineer :eh:

Thanks! After reading about this mission, I was worried about solely relying Axel. Don't get me wrong, he's quite a useful engineer and handy with a MP-28 Bergmann, but he's green. My lvl 4 scout, Carm, gets down to business readily, however her craft isn't... as precise as Axel's.

Hey, if I defuse the bombs after I take out the terrorists, does my engineer gain experience?

So I finished this mission...

I found it relatively easy. I rushed the room, lost a team member right off the bat, but managed to take out the rest of the terrorists with Toki, while my engineer followed behind. I think all the prep I did helped, plus the fact that I managed to get Toki on my team, which makes every mission *much* simpler.

So thanks for all the help!

ps - The 'Traitor Boris' mission when you fight the panzerkleins got me. I didn't expect them to arrive and didn't have many good weapons. Luckily, one PK stopped and the guy got out (?) and dropped a bunch of mortars. That helped.

• 3 months later...

First of all, BEFORE the mission, you're TOLD to bring an engineer - so complaining that you can't finish the mission without an engineer is complaining that the game means what it says :drink:

Second, it is possible just with pure firepower, but it requires luck and bravery. If you have the 1.1 patch, you should be able to defuse the landmines near the northern entrance, so you can actually storm the main room from both sides at once. On one side, you'll need to kill two enemies at a reasonably short distance (using anyone with good Burst and an SMG with JHP ammo should be enough. On the other side, it is best to bring in three guys that are able to throw grenades far :drink:. You can use one medium grenade to demolish the two left-most barrels and then follow with light frag grenades that should incapacitate the two guys behind the barrels.

Also, using a stun-gun to headshot enemies is a possibility.

Plaing it the first time (without Shade and without bank robbery), it WAS tough and I had to save and reload, but it was manageable. Since I had an engineer at the northern side, anyway, I did not have to hurry as I appreciated both the engineering experience and the two extra landmines :drink: - so I killed quickly the enemies on the other side only - but you could do both with some luck.

If you get rich quick early, this mission is a breeze (Viper, Fritz, Shade are the important guys, two snipers and Ahmad for the rest of the squad).