How to get resources ?

lionel57000

It might be worth checking to see if you can make your track network more efficient. For instance, it works out cheaper to link up your base in West Africa to your network by opening up a sea lane to the Americas as opposed to running a railway across the Sahara Desert, even though this means that resources are being transported the long way round. A single sea lane costs as much to maintain as a track running through one province, irrespective of the legnth of the sea lane.

Also, double check that your enemies haven't damaged your track network. One of your enemies in the game has a great fondness for raiding territories and disrupting your transport network as opposed to permanent conquest.

Build more colleges in your bases. Building a college boosts the knowledge level in a base, and gives a +4 production bonus to each resource territory in the region. In my most recent game, I didn't have enough alien resources to go round, so when I gained control of a region with alien resources, I built a school in the base and filled the rest of the base up with colleges.

Consider slowing down your research progress. If you limit yourself to researching no more than three topics at a time on your planetside laboratories, your scientists will end up using a smaller share of resources.

If your resource shortage is limited to only one type of resource, don't forget that you can ask for a donation from one of the three freindly factions. Build up their good opinion of you again by giving them your other surplus resources.

Is this +1000 your resource income or a total amount you had. If it's total and you've started production of something big(I still have no idea, as the most expensive thing for me now is a school which costs 200 low tech units), then there's no surprise you run out

• 3 months later...