Bug/error/glitch in early Sentinels mission

Decado

I've been play S2 for quite some time now but only recently loaded up S3. In the mission where you have to go into the mines and secure some documents (it is one of the first 4 missions where you have a choice...the one on the bottom left of the mission select screen) I cannot progress at the point where you have to climb UP the ladder. My two characters just stand there. I've tried several things and cleared out all the enemies on that screen and the loading screen before it (I can climb the ladder to the previous part of the mine).

Am I missing something obvious, or is this a glitch (if so, how do I get around it)>

BTW, does anyone find these first missions a little rediculous? Why won't they give me some help? Why am I paying for mercs out *my* pocket to help *them*? The merc concept was awesome in JA...but feels tacked on here. Not to mention you don't even start out with enough money to hire a single merc.

I cannot progress at the point where you have to climb UP the ladder.

WHICH LADDER ? THERE ARE 2 LADDERS? ONE YOU USE TO DESCENT TO THE DOCUMENTS HIDDING LEVEL? AND ONE AT THE END OF THE EXIT CORRIDOR AFTER THE MAIN ROOM WITH SPARK LIGTHS AND CRATES.

My two characters just stand there.

IS THE EXIT BUTTON GREEN ? IF NOT YOU FORGOT TO TAKE SOME DOCUMENTS (2 FOLDERS). TO SEE WHERE ARE ITEMS HOLD THE "alt gr" button and roll the mousse all over the map.

I've tried several things and cleared out all the enemies on that screen and the loading screen before it (I can climb the ladder to the previous part of the mine

WHATEVER IF YOU GOT THE DOC AND THE BUTTONOF EXIT AT THE LEFT TOP OF SCREEN IS GREEN? JUST PUSH IT? AND YOU WILL EXIT. easy no? :lovetammy:

Um...the ladder you have to clumb *UP* at the end. AFAIK, it is the only ladder you have to climb *up*. The one you climb down is fine (I can also go back up it).

So I'm missing an item? That's good to know (I just missed it then). I thought there was another area I had to go into to get the archives. I'm using the hardware curser (the weird looking one), so I don't know what colour it is. The "Leave" button is still red, but I figured I had to go up the ladder to proceed with the mission.

What is the "alt gr" button? Alt I know, but what key is "gr" supposed to be?

I got the folder off enemy. Where are the archives (original mission)?

thanks

Um...the ladder you have to clumb *UP* at the end. AFAIK, it is the only ladder you have to climb *up*. The one you climb down is fine (I can also go back up it).

So I'm missing an item? That's good to know (I just missed it then). I thought there was another area I had to go into to get the archives. I'm using the hardware curser (the weird looking one), so I don't know what colour it is. The "Leave" button is still red, but I figured I had to go up the ladder to proceed with the mission.

What is the "alt gr" button? Alt I know, but what key is "gr" supposed to be?

I got the folder off enemy. Where are the archives (original mission)?

thanks

Hi There,

Um, you don't actually have to climb up that ladder! It's there to provide an escape route for the agent/engineer who has some of the documents you need. The idea is to kill him before he can run off. As this NPC normally hangs around at the back of the chamber and is easy fodder for a good sniper, this rarely happens to me :D from you r post it sounds like you got him anyway and got the folder. You need that for a special mission later in the game :D

The goal for this mission is in a box hidden behind the crates in the centre of that chamber.

Once you have completed a mission and all the enemies are dead, the "Leave" button at the top of the screen will turn Green. At this point you will have completed all the primary mission objectives and can leave at any time. In fact this is the only way you leave any mission in the game! In this specific mission you don't need to climb back up out of the mines to exit, just get the files out of the box.

In answer to your questions, if you press "alt" at anytime all dropped items will display on the screen. this is very helpful if you need a specific item in the heat of battle (e.g. you've run out of grenades and need some more!)

In Brandeburg's case, I think he means "Green" by gr, although I'm not sure. Is that right Brandeberg?

Edit: Corrects spelling of Brandeberg's name and hangs head in shame......... :lovetammy:

Thanks. I missed the document. I thought I hadn't gotten to the part where you uncovered the archives, which is why I was confused.

BTW, on the mission where you have to kill all of Hammer's forces and gain access to the hangar (early mission)...how do you get in the hangar? I thought there was a route to the left (mini-building with a ladder) but that's just a black hole. None of the explosives I have can take down that steel door.

cheers

Thanks. I missed the document. I thought I hadn't gotten to the part where you uncovered the archives, which is why I was confused.

BTW, on the mission where you have to kill all of Hammer's forces and gain access to the hangar (early mission)...how do you get in the hangar? I thought there was a route to the left (mini-building with a ladder) but that's just a black hole. None of the explosives I have can take down that steel door.

cheers

erm, is this the one with the A4 missile plans or something?

If so then yes that mini building with the access ladder is the way into that hanger. However, the game is very fussy with where abouts you place your team around that ladder before it'll let you through. Don't know why, it's just one of those things!

If you check out the Sentinels subforum you'll find a lot of answers to these sorts of problems, have a read through and you'll get a lot of tips and strategies (Plus a few spoilers!) to help you along with the game. It'll save you a lot of time and trouble in the long run!!!