X-Com diskette vs Enemy Unknown CD

Rosstoid

Hi! Is it true that the CD version of X-Com has video sequences in it? I got my copy of X-Com from the Pc Gamer magazine, who were putting classic games for free on their CD, and I think it is the diskette version.

However, I've seen a copy of UFO: Enemy Unknown for a mere bargain price of 10 Australian dollars. Are the price differences and cool new video into and outro really worth spending my money over?

It's the playstation version of UFO that has extra video sequences in it. You should be able to grab copies of them in the file section for UFO on this site and also on XCommand.

All versions of UFO for the PC just have one animated introduction and an outro done with slides. Not sure about the Amiga version.

Your PCGamer copy is just a copy of UFO extracted from the Collectors Edition. And for some reason, it's missing the file with the introduction sound effects.

TFTD has an animated intro and outro for the cd version that only does a partial install. Although with a bit of twiddling, and renaming one directory, the animations can be put into a full installation. But the animations files are terribly large (60megs or so).

- NKF