Missing Missions in Britain

Shadowfire

Hi --

I'm new to the game and just finished playing a couple missions in Northern Britain. As near as I can tell, they're the only fixed missions available in Britain for me... I'm playing the Allied mission and, when I first landed, saw only the "Agent's Cache" mission (where I caught Obersomething Brunst or whatever his name is). The info I found there opened up the Old Mansion misssion (start off surrounded by bad guys, capture Major Newhouse). So far, so good... but then I checked the walkthrough and it looks like there are supposedly another two or three missions in Northern Britain. But my plane's already flashing and there's nothing to indicate any more set missions on the regional map, only random encounters.

Is this common (because I'm playing easy level)? Or did I miss a piece of info somewhere that would have unlocked the other missions (I fulfilled all my objectives and thought I searched pretty thoroughly)? Or did I do something else wrong?

Just to check, I left the regional map and the next region that's open is Hanover. What about Southern Britain (according to the walkthrough)? I have the Thor's Hammer info, etc., which I guess is what opened up Hanover.

There are still plenty of random encounters to train my guys up on before I proceed, and one of these days (hopefully tonight, now that I've got a few levels), I'll kill those darn ninjas... tried again on my third battle, and got slaughtered -- just can't seem to find them until they're already throwing grenades and slaughtering us with stars from close up. But now my spot skill is better, so I'm crossing my fingers.

Anyway, any advance about the missing missions -- are they really missing? Why? -- would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

SF

Anyway, any advance about the missing missions -- are they really missing? Why? -- would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

SF

It's been a while since I played the campaign's first missions, but you I think you should be aware that Silent Storm isn't exactly linear. So it can happen that you'll still get missions in GB when you finish missions in Germany. If you won't get any missions in South Britain at all (which is weird, I think), you just chose the wrong order of playing missions. If you want to play as many missions as possible in a campaign, you have to make sure that the story mission (the blinking one) is the *last* one you play. If you play them first, the optional missions or those with clues pointing to the same direction as the story one will be closed before you are able to play them.

My god, how often did I write play? Awful.

Hey there, SF, glad you're into the game but godDAMN do we hate those freakin' ninjas.

It's been a while since I played, but if I remember correctly you'll leave England before you finish all the missions there. I'm not sure what the progression order is, though.

After looking over the FAQ at GameFaqs.com, it looks like you'll be heading back to North England later in the game.

Overall, don't worry too much about getting all the missions on your first play-thru. There's just enough weird variation in this game that you might not even GET the clue you need to do a certain mission, just because the game thought you didn't need it. At least that's how it seemed to me...

Enjoy, though. I hope I helped... :lovetammy: Let us know if you have more questions!

Yeah, Ninjas :lovetammy: ... well, I forgot to write about those. I think I beat this encounter at level 9... and only with the use of lots of grenades and "volley shots", i.e. the whole squad firing at pre-quickload located positions of hidden ninjas... the blood clouds show if you hit them even when you can't see the ninjas.

But those shurikens, damnit... don't be ashamed if you end up half dead at this encounter, those guys and the duracell rogue Jap officer (he runs, and runs, and runs, and eventually stabs everyone) are probably the toughest opponents in the entire game. Panzerkleins? HA! A couple grenades and heavy rifles do the trick... but those ninjas kill half your squad in one turn, and always get interceptions.

But that makes it even more a pleasure to waste those f*ckers.

Thanks for the help, guys. I appreciate it! I guess I missed the "these don't just go in order" tip from the walkthrough -- though I probably should have caught on when one of the Northern Britain missions, which is listed like fourth in the walkthrough, is where you find Panzerkleins! I WAS thinking that was just a bit early in the game to already find them.

Now I'll play on and just follow whatever path comes up... I think next up is Hannover and the German Intelligence HQ.

And, speaking of things a "bit early in the game", I'd finished one pretty easy (four guys around a truck) random encounter and the next one I found was the ninjas. Must have tried that like 10 times with my level 10 guys (and actually once had two guys still standing when the shuriken guys went down -- just couldn't find katana man anywhere!). Talk about a rough introduction to the game! Guess I'll come back for some revenge later on.

Thanks for hosting these forums... as people have noticed, it's suprisingly hard to find SS info online! So it's good to have a board that's still active and useful -- I've learned all kinds of stuff (now to find that random encounter with the chest in the attic again... I read here what's in there and now I want to prove to myself I can figure out a way in!).

-SF

Chest in the attic...? I haven't heard of that...please, tell us how that goes...

Yeah, those damn ninjas are freakin' impossible. They are what broke me, eventually, off my last play-thru attempt, actually. I had to quicksave and reload so often in order to beat them that a couple missions later I was disgusted with myself, felt like I was cheating, and put the game down...

They are freakin crazy.

Following whatever path comes up is a great idea, especially on your first play through. Unless you're a total completist, I highly recommend just going where the game takes you and not trying to min/max your way through it, find all the crazy special stuff, and so on. Just have fun and blow away the bad guys, you know? That's my two cents.

Yeah, those damn ninjas are freakin' impossible. They are what broke me, eventually, off my last play-thru attempt, actually. I had to quicksave and reload so often in order to beat them that a couple missions later I was disgusted with myself, felt like I was cheating, and put the game down...

Never found that chest either, but I never really cared for it anyway. I only played SS once completely (Axis! I'm German, and it was nice being the good guy in a WWII game :D ) and then until the final mission on Allies side, where the game crashed my pc when loading the final mission - noPK mod perhaps?

I played through S3 four times though... it's better when mechanics and medics work properly.

Why do you consider quicksaving and -loading cheating, DoomMonkey? Of course, always giving the random generator a chance is a way a lot of gamers go, but personally, I like to pretend that my squad is made up of professionals who know what they're doing. So, if the hit chance is 85% and my guys and gals still miss, and because of that catch a bullet in the enemy turn, I quickload. I play games like an episode of the A-Team - the plan always works and nobody screws up unnecessarily :lovetammy:

See, if that's fun for you, then that's great. There's a lot of different play-styles out there. My brother only likes to play Vice City and San Andreas with the cheat codes cranked up to 10 and the freakin' music blaring as he uses his unlimited bazooka ammo to destroy whole cities. I feel like I'm not dealing with the consequences of my actions when I quickload often. I like to feel like I earned my victories, and that's hard for me to do when I've been quickloading a lot and basically removing the possibility of failure, without which there is no real victory.

As my sig shows, I'm playing Oblivion these days (along with half the planet if the sales figures can be believed) and I'm running into the same issue; dealing with the consequences of my actions can really suck! I HATE having to pay a fine and get all my stolen loot taken away every time I get caught pickpocketing, but that's what happens if you don't just quickload. Usually I'll pickpocket and stuff like that on a whim and if it doesn't go well I'll just quickload and move on. For me it's fun to succeed when the chance for failure was legitimate, but for others, like my brother, there is no real 'success' or 'failure' just freakin' PARTY TIME!!

And I can dig that, too!

Oblivion?

I hate you! I wish you would fall into a deep well with slimy walls and never be able to crawl out again! :D

Nah, not that bad. But I think my system barely meets the minimum requirements for that game, so I don't even consider paying 50 bucks for it. It's enough that X3:Reunion only runs smoothly when I turn off anti-aliasing and anisoptric filtering *shakes his white, soft student fist at imaginary hardware industry whores*.

Well, I confess: I'm a cheater. I like to have things my way. I'm so compassionate for my squad that I would never accept the death of one of the squad members, what other players do without remorse.

To each their own I think. I didn't cheat in SS the first time though, I got my beloved SeaDevil and Protoype 8M1 the hard way.

I mainly use cheats for the sake of roleplaying, for example when I give my character in S3 a good start weapon because after all he's been with Abwehrsektion II/ SE 2 and it doesn't make that much sense that such a pro is left without any weapon after the war.

I also always found it ridiculous that I'm supposed to free Arulco with 40.000$ :lovetammy:.

Well, that's my gaming style. I have no problem being called a "quicksave whore"; I like it my way, and at least I only use cheats and walkthroughs sometimes where they are available, instead of extra programs like trainers. Also, I would never try to cheat in an online game.

PS: I beat the S3 UN mission in London 3 times, without any cheats at all. I didn't even refer to the mission tips provided in this forum :D.

DM -- by "chest in the attic", I mean the one where Big Joe is supposedly found (haven't gotten it myself but I was browsing the forums and saw a reference and thought "Aha, that's what's in there"). I'd found a chest in an unreachable part of a house, up in the bell tower/attic with no way in, and couldn't figure out how to get in or if it was worth it. I guess it just takes some blowing away of walls/ceilings to get there... not that I really need a bow or anything but since I did find the place on my own, now I want to go back and see what's in there (the completist instinct in me, I guess!). But, you're right... more fun to just play the game and see where it takes me.

'course, it _did_ take me to those ninjas for encounter 2, so one of these days I'll have to go back and take them on now that I'm a bit more powerful!

• 1 year later...

One more comment that came from my 2 weeks experience in S2 Gold...

Recently playing Allies campaign I've discovered that also nationality somehow affect mission tree.

I'm playing American Sniper (Str 5, Dex 10, Int 5 if it matters) and after first mission I've had "UK Commandant's Office" which gave me clues to "English Rural House" and "Place marked on the map".

These 2 missions gave me clues leading only to "UK military warehouse" (and walkthrough at GameFAQ states that there should also gave me acces to "UK Laboratory). Simply, there was no agent Wilkins who tells you about Axis planning assasination of profesor WhatIsHisNameAnyway (which I don't remember right now).

Today, I've tried Allies campaign with another sniper (British nationality this time, Str 4 Dex 10 Int 6) and after opening mission my only choice was "English Rural House", WITH agent Wilkins this time...

Best regards,

Ros.

• 4 years later...

My experience with Silent Storm Gold, is that "delete profile" is incomplete. The directory itself goes away, but the missions you have fully completed go inaccessible.

With the Allies campaign, if I start a new Allies campaign in the same profile. after completing U.K. Commandant's office, then

* it's impossible to get the hint on the first mission. Fortunately I can leave the base anyway.

* English Manor/Wilkins is the first mission in South Britain, rather than the usual first mission.