Group stories

Teryale

Okay i am new to this site so i was wondering if anyone here was interested in doing a group story?

Im pretty open to which setting used or any neat variations of the normal microprose timeline. This will be the place where we can discuss the few specifications on the story. Anyone signing up can create a character to run with and add their opinions or ideas on the specifics. Any participants?

my idea....

(Excerpt from U.N.'s Security Council's report on X-com's performance as of November 1999) One can describe the performance of X-com's "defense" as pathetic. The funds graciously given to the project have been squandered through misappropriations by the higher ranking officers and heads of R and D. The losses of these funds have made the repair and rearmament of X-com vessels nearly impossible. These losses are also affecting the troops of X-com they are under supplied and lack good leadership. It has been proposed that instead of all of the U.N. countries working together against this menace that each U.N. country is allowed to arm and supply their own X-com force.

This report verified what the senior commanding officer in X-com had been fearing for sometime. The aliens had taken control of some influential members of society.

After this the main pieces of the original force was broken into pieces and sold on the auction block. All that remained was a hanger, barracks, stores (almost empty) and one damaged Skyranger. The only personnel who stayed on the original force were 8 soldiers, 2 guys from maintenance, and the senior commanding officer. The C.O. was mistrusted by most of the world governments and so he started hiring the last of the X-com force out as mercenaries to countries that couldn't afford to maintain an X-com of their own.

• 2 months later...

Whoa whoa whoa! 4th of April? 2006??? I never saw this topic! And noone else has even replied, that's not very neighbourly... Poor old Teyale probably thinks we don't even care now :eh: If he's stuck around anyway. With only two posts I'm guessing he probably got a bit bummed out by the negative atmosphere looming about the place :thinking:

If you read this though, come back and I'll tell you all about fiction :eh: You can join in anyone of them here or if you have an idea maybe even start a new one!

And if anyone else reads this... ditto :P