Wow

Saber123

Or an alien base. But if you did that with a small scout, then something fishy is definitely going on there. :(

Aye, the battleships not only have plenty of aliens and equipment that you can loot and plunder from, they carry UFO components galore (+50 elerium per surviving power unit); to keep the troops occupied on those long flights, one quarter of a single battleship deck is filled with 'alien entertainment' pods ( not to mention the inverted disco ball in the 'disco room'). The rest of the ship is converted into alloys. Lots of alloys. All this tends to add up on your end of mission tally.

- NKF

• 5 years later...

Speaking of components and alien alloy loot, I was looking at the Small Scout the other day and wondered how you could only recover one unit of alien alloys from it (it's a 3x3 ship). Then I remembered that Bomb Bloke tested alien alloy recoverability upon my urging a while back. Basically, the total amount you can get is based off the number of objects/walls with the MCD alien alloy flag set divided by 10 for UFOs. In the case of the Small Scout, I added up all the tiles with this flag and it came to 13. Divide that by 10 and drop the decimal and there's your 1 measly unit. So that all checks out. Still, only being credited for 1/10 the total alloys is a little strange. It's probably to balance the game as the larger UFOs would literally yield thousands of units if this restriction wasn't in place. I couldn't imagine selling 2310 units (possibly a little more if rounding is applied) of alien alloys after a successful Battleship landing site. 231 takes long enough the way it is. :laugh:

- Zombie

Yipes! Yeah, the 150 is a little high for an alien base. But perhaps the programmers were figuring on that it may be a little easier to recover chunks of a UFO since it's on land. You would need to do quite a bit of excavating to get the walls and stuff out of the base without a collapse. Maybe the recovery "experts" you send decide to keep some alloys in place to shore it up :laugh:

- Zombie

• 1 month later...
I couldn't imagine selling 2310 units (possibly a little more if rounding is applied) of alien alloys after a successful Battleship landing site.
Interesting, when I played the Pocket PC version of it it actually did not have that division calculations, so I usually ended up selling 1000-3000 units of alloys when doing battleships/alien bases...