Is that a tunnel? Is that light?

thecyke

Thanks to Detonate for this, check out this Gamespy interview with Sid Meier, current owner of the X-Com license;Gamespy Interview

"GameSpy: What about the future? I heard you tell the crowd you were excited about your deal with Infogrames and having access to all the Microprose legacy titles. Including your own stuff...

Sid Meier: Yes, we're looking at some of the older games and seeing what might look good.

GameSpy: Would that include your old stuff? Like Pirates, F-15 Strike Eagle, Gunship...

Sid Meier: ... Silent Service, Red Storm Rising, Covert Ops. And we're looking at the other games as well.

GameSpy: Like Master of Magic and X-Com?

Sid Meier: Yes.

GameSpy: You realize Usenet is going to go nuts over that answer.

Sid Meier: We're not going to announce our next game until October or so."

This has been mentioned before fairly recently but Blade makes a good point... All of the previous talk about emailing the makers of the crippled alliance and genesis games were lost causes. This though could be a good idea.

If someone could let Sid Meier or someone on his team know that there is a large community of XCom fans out here who would buy a new game it may motivate him to put some cashflow into it. The website may even get a mention! :)

Sorry, my bad ...it is an old story. But The Veteran has a point, it's refreshing to recall that Sid knows what he has in his hands -Sid is a known businessman, a passionate maker of games and someone who has had the business skills to become a name in this industry. He's not some faceless suit trading licences and peoples jobs like they were Pokemon cards. Could it be time to attempt a rallying cry? Have we, the x-community become so accustomed to x-coms current paralysis that we have become too numb to ever stir again?

Anyone for a new save x-com campaign? I`ve got some off the wall ideas we could use. We could really organise something, if enough of us had the will....

Well, i emailed them once at least, but that was more of a suggestion to do a remake of UFO on game boy advance (And i had a topic on it in the fan ideas for an XC game forums), but i never did email them a suggestion to restart alliance or genesis (and they likely wanna start again from scratch; the stuff that IS complete by now is likely very obsolete by now)

If we email them with a ton of signatures that show interest, add mine to the list.