The definitive timeline...

The Veteran

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or they may have used some other material, but found gold to be a suitable substitute during their long stay on earth. Hmm, I wonder if they took advantage of thermal power sources? The artefact sites seemed to have a lot of boilers in the lower level...

One thing's been bugging me. Are the aquatoids a completely separate race of aliens, or are they originally sectoids who reengineered themselves for aquatic life (now so far down that they're technically their own species)?

And when did they enslave the gill-men? Was it sometime during after the crash, or in the 40 year gap between the release of the tachyon signal and the T'Leth aliens openly attacking ocean liners?

Was one of the cydonian brain's mission parameters to search for T'Leth, or was it a just fluke that it was discovered at the very last minute? I mean, the tachyon beam was directed right at the Gulf of Mexico.

Why did the tachyon beam make bubbles (ala the animated cinematic intro for TFTD)? Um, nevermind about this one. :(

- NKF

I was always under the impression Sectoids orginated from the Aquatoids. It says Sectoids have aquatic origins, so maybe Aquatoids are their predecessor? Life as we know it usually starts in water first, so it's logical. Then again... there isn't very much intelligent life down there...

Edit: Well, none we know of, anyways.

Bingo, you're all on the same line of thoughts as I am now!

Fox: yes the Sectoids did come from the aquatoids, not vice versa. I also have the feasible answers to why, how, where, and when! But I'm not telling yet :(

Loonie: Here I am! Brace yourself :(

NKF: The aquatoids did in fact reengineer themselves, this much I will tell you. It wasn't for aquatic life however. Have you read the TFTD entry for them? They have genetically implanetd gills and vestigial lungs allowing them to breath above water. Again I know why, how, where and when but again I'm not telling!

Gillmen, indeed... These and Triscenes are giving me a real headache the last few days... When T'Leth crashed on earth it would have either killed these creatures of they would have become dominant in the 65million following years. Besides, races as advanced as the gillmen do not simply 'live'. They're too human for that. Unfortunately the entries for these two creatures in the UFOpedia make it very hard for me to make a feasable story! I'm half way there but it doesn't quite fit yet!

(I'll let you know when I figure it out NKF because it's your question! Noone else though)

T'Leth is a touchy subject but I can't even tell you why! There is a lot of T'Leth related stuff that I'm working on right now so although I could answer this question I'm afraid I won't be able to for a very long time!

Have you never seen a tachyon beam NKF? Of course it made bubbles! ;)

For the tachyon beam making bubbles, it actually makes some weird kind of sense, if you think about it. The energies in the beam reacted with the water it came in contact with, and did sort of a tachyonic electrolysis, (How about tachyolysis? :() causing some of the water to break down into oxygen + hydrogen.

And I know I probably spelled a couple things wrong, but "tachyolosis" isn't in the dictionary, and I'm too lazy to look up the other ones :(.

FOX!!!! You mean you have no idea about the new game? Go and check out Bulma's topic on it right now!!!!! We also have a workspace. You'll find the link in Bulma's thread... Do you really think I'm making a 65million year timeline for fun? :(

Well ok but only partly...

Rattler: The tachyon beam and bubbles are referencing the TFTD animated intro sequence. When the tachyon beam is emitted from Cydonia while it's being blown to smithereens by your soldiers (those little flashes on the surface, yay!) , the camera follows the viewpoint of the tachyon beam until it strikes the surface of the ocean. When it hits the water, there are bubbles.

Unless of course it was the camera that made bubbles, in which case.... nah. :(

- NKF

I thought so. Wasn't to sure, only saw the full sequence once. I'm one of the poor suckers that has it on disk and thus no cool animation just pictures. I think it's just the camera making the bubbles, as if the camera man had jumped in to follow the beam. Besides we're talking about a Tachyon, a partical that is suppose to travel faster then the speed of light can not be slowed down to the speed of light or any slower. Anything is possible