The Hammer & Sickle screenshots section

Crazy Gringo

Standard replies

These would be my rereplies:

1) Game is based to post WWII.

2) Now it's better than ever.

3) Clue: Think / Objective: Stop world war

You should not mind what they say. I wish all good for your future.

You have already given much (mucked in) for the turn-based games.

:D are on me.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to dedicate this round of screenshot to the master of diplomacy, lord of destruction and a terrorist's best friend and worst enemy, Mister Dynamite.

It is not only grenades who are the masters of mass destruction in the Silent Storm series. Explosives are just as good and even better when it's user is a skilled engineer which these screenshot show.

On the recieving end

Touchdown

Say hallo to my little exploding friend Mr. Dynamite

Mr. Dynamite said hallo

For general antimaterial use and demolition explosives are still the king which is shown here.

Demolition Man

Looking down the drain

I have some more screenshots but won't post them for now due to it is weekend and I want to play this game.

As for Novik's comment about the US players.....Spot on! If they don't like the smell in the kitchen then don't whine! Do something about it.

Good one, Novik!

That gives some meaning to the saying: 'They had to scrape him/her down from the wall.'

I got around to completing the game today.... I had read the walkthrough before I even got the game so :D. Even if is pretty clear what had to be done most of the times.

I am gonna try some other choices next time around and try to get a 'happy ending' again....I already got the 'bad' ending by killing to many allied troops.

I got so absorbed by it that I did not have time to take that many screenshots. ;)

Oh well! On with the show.

Siegfried at work.

S-man in action

S-man and his victims

Some sniper work.

Polehead!

Team planning.

Gather round men! Oy! Gather round!

These guys went down in a hail of gun fire.

Larry's shooting gallery

Stay away from my mail!

Headshot!

My frst stint with Hammer & Sickle is over but there are more in it from with I have read in the various forums. So I am gonna give it another go with an different approach.

Ideas for sequels are boundless as the period after WW2 and during the Cold War saw plentyfull action around the world for the various countries special services. Alternative and 'what if'-timelines are also possibilities.

Turnbased squad/tactical combat is far from dead as some (FPS-people) might have stated. It is alive kicking due to creative people like Novik & Co who takes an exsisting product and improves on it.

So Novik! Crazy Gringo salutes you and thanks you for breathing more life into the Silent Storm Universe.

These are my 'how stopid I can be' screenshots.

(...Please, don't take them too seriously)

Sometimes I just like to play (have fun) my way.

------------------------------"I will fix it"------------------------------

https://koti.mbnet.fi/sil5i/Screenies/HS/1ja9.jpg

------------------------------"Holy pylon"------------------------------

https://koti.mbnet.fi/sil5i/Screenies/HS/1ja10.jpg

----------- :D -----------

And so the Chronicles of Mr. G began. *Spoilers will be included*

After crossing the border with little effort Mr. G arrived at a small town called Gaffburg where he encountered the following situation.

Started with a handgrenade

After finding one of the victims of the execution squad still being alive Mr. G dragged it's lifeless body inside to the doctor who told Mr. G that there would be coming more trouble in the near future.

Preparing as best as possible Mr. G changed to a uniform of execution squad and formed a ragtag militia consisting of old geezers from WWI or something like that. Not that Mr. G cared they only served as cannonfodder.

Shortly there after trouble came rushing down and with little effort wasted the old geezers leaving Mr. G to take care of business.

To avoid an encirclement by his enemies Mr. G snuck out the back and came face to face with his first enemy who went down in a hail of lead from his SMG.

His second enemy hit the ground for good a bit later when trying to examine what took out it's ally.

After taking out his third enemy from a firstfloor window a couple of the enemy tried to corner him but Mr. G slowly fought his way out to the darkend staircase where all but one of the enemies was killed by a cocktail of riflefire and handgrenades.

After discovering the whereabout of his last enemy he made short work of it my putting a lump of lead in it's unsuspecting head.

Below are some screenshots of the aftermath of that action.

First down 1

First down 2

First down 3

Okay. Okay. It took some reloads if you can consider that cheating but Mr. G survived the encounter without a scratch.

Remember fellow gamers. The shadows is your friends.

How good friends they are I will get back to you on when I have vanquished the second wave.

And Mr. G was succesful in defeating the second wave.

After Mr. G had taken out three loners or scouts almost all of the enemies gathered in garage as shown in the picture here.

Enemy gathering

A pretty odd behaviour by the AI when it is trying to kill it's enemies. An unseen and unknown enemy both in strength and numbers that is.

After trying various things like blowing a hole in the floor and looping grenades down at them Mr. G. went into the room overlooking the entrance to the garage and found a lone straggler which was shot dead with one shot to the head. That rattled the group apart and resulted in them storming out of the garage right into a rain of falling M-24 grenades delivered by Mr. G.

I will let the result speak for itself. At least 4 dead enemies.

M-24 Carnage

With more enemies still lurking around the area Mr. G recconed the map and found this slob which got a round to his head and survived.

Alone and wounded

The next round took him out and the area was secured.

Alone and dead

Until next time....

Heh! It's fun to read Crazy Gringo's attendances. You as well, have a quite much same kind a truly roleplay attitude. :lovetammy:

Here is a one shot from my second run (I play it with my FinnishStringsMod). *minor spoiler alarm*

Place was the Bridge and the plan was already made: Jubi and Larry take care the harder side and Sanders the other ... BUT then Larry start playing his own. Damn how unreliable he is! Someday I will take him to the forest and shoot him to the neck! Well, he made a heart-shot so everything was quite alright (but the mob dropped his items to the unpassable 'ex-river/now-canyon'... hrmp). Mr Rigor Mortis doesn't let the mob tumble to the canyon.

I really like this map: It's good made/looking, challenging and interesting. Now on the second go, I start enjoying this game even more - maybe it's so because now I already know 'the briefing' and I can concentrate just for tactics and having fun.

Heh! It's fun to read Crazy Gringo's attendances. You as well, have a quite much same kind a truly roleplay attitude. :D

I am glad you like them....More is sure to follow.... :lovetammy:

As for your screenshot. It looks like that he is holding on for dear life even in death.

• 2 weeks later...

After a week of computer problems of the third kind I am back with more tales of Mr. G's exploits.

After contacting the motherland and finding out that everything was serious messed up Mr. G was now a stranger in a strange land. But Mr. G was not alone. The hottie that he had rescued from the grasp of the Grim Reaper was up and running. After some chit chat with her the first order of business was to get some money. And how do you get money? In Mr. G's case....work. :lovetammy:

So after talking with Konrad the local mechanic/arms dealer/landlord Mr. G got a job to take out a local rival arms dealer and as a side job to get him some TNT if Mr. G should happen to stumble over some.

So the hottie and Mr. G was on their merry way to slay the evil arms dealer. But not before doing some scouting around and chitchatting with the evil arms dealer.

The evil arms dealer also had a little job for Mr G to do....Procure some TNT for him. With a smirk on his face agreed and got the evil arms dealers son/lackey along for the ride.

Enroute to the interception point of the convoy carrying the much sought after goodies Mr G and company ran into the local warlord/gangster who Mr. G smoothtalked and got some of his goons to help out with procuring the goodies.

After arriving at the interception point Mr. G send the evil arms dealers son across the bridge and the dogs of war was unleashed upon the confused convoy.

Larry and his handiwork

Larry, the evil armdealers son, preformed above the call of duty with his fine shooting. As did Sanders, the hottie, with the help of Mr. G.

Soon after the first shot there was only a lone straggler left who the group encircled.

Last man standing

And Larry busted a cap into the slobs head sending him headless first into the ground.

Buried nosedeep

Afterward the last of the local warlords goons wanted the money that Mr. G had promised his Boss. Instead he got a hail of 9 mm copperplated lumps of lead from Sanders SMG and could complain to his new boss down below.

And the way back to 'base' with the goddies the group walked right into a group of crossdressing americans dressed up as soldiers from Mr G's native soil.

With little time to get out of the way Larry quickly cleared a path with a wellplaced handgrenade.

Burning the morning oil

After taking out almost all of the crossdressing americans Larry and Mr. G teamed up and took out the last crossdressing american with a handgrenade from Larry and a headshot from Mr. G's pistol.

He got arschlochet

After securing all of the weapons in the area and getting rid of any evidence in the form of bodies and so on the group quickly went on their way back to 'base'.

Back at the 'base' one of the local warlords goons tried to ambush the group due to Mr. G had PO'ed his boss but the goon got the Sanders treatment instead.

Even with the goodies in tow Konrad, still wanted his competitor eliminated. Big grudge thing at work, Mr. G thought and agreed to do the dirty deed. But without the evil armsdealers son as it would make Mr. G loose a important tool in getting back to his motherland.

And now the continuation of the exploits of Mr. G.

After leaving Larry behind at the 'base' Mr. G and Sanders had their work cut out for them with taking out the evil arms dealer and his goons.

Shoot and scoot was the of the day for both Sanders and Mr. G shown in the following screen shots.

Countersniping

He lost his head

After wounding the majority of the arms dealer goons with long range rifle fire the goons began running for cover inside the building with little succes.

No running in courtyard

He got the point

Those goons that was still able to fight tried to sneak in on Sanders and Mr. G but to little avail.

No sneaking around the fence

He too got the point

After cleaning up outside the compound the group stealthy snuck around looking for the remaining goons including the evil arms dealer who ended his time in this world with the handgrenade-through-the-window-followed-by-headshot trick.

The two remaining straggler meet their end in a glorious hail of lead from Sanders SMG.

Being a bringer of good news to Konrad allowed Mr. G access Konrad's stash of black market weapons in which Mr. G made a fair amount of money selling off some of his own weapon stash.

As for Larry the lackey....Mr. G dragged him back to the evil arms dealers place and lied through his teeth which Larry bought and decided to stay with the group.

In honor of the tv-series 'Prison Break' comes an episode in the exploits of Mr. G by that same name.

While in transit back from the evil arms dealers compound Mr. G remembered that there was some more loot over at the convoy ambush site.

Upon arrival at the ambush site Mr. G and company encountered a old friend who was being arrested by the british military police. After grapping the loot the group went to the forest to have a little chat with the forester/weapon smith about this desperado that he had spoken of earlier and the whereabouts of the prison where Mr. G's old friend could be held.

Playing dressup is a important part of being an international spy Mr. G realized. Since there was no uniform for Larry he was stuck in plain civilian clothes.

Upon arriving at the prison the group looked around and tried to figure out a way to spring Fidel. They decided to do the stealthy and messy way.

After knocking out the commandant Larry finally got a uniform so the group could walk around undisturbed inside the prison.

The plan emerged and was set into effect with starting to take out the three manned guard towers with handgrenades from the rooftop of the prison.

The enemy from within

Trapped corpse

After rattling the prison guards the group watched over the only access points to the rooftop and reduced the numbers of the prison guards little by little with stealthy sneak attacks.

Dead man rooftop gathering

Copperplated lead poisoning

When the group discovered a large group of guards down the atrium/hole they looped all of their explosives and handgrenades down there wounding a lot of the guards.

At this point the prison began rioting and the poo really hit the fan for the prison guards. The riot would have ended poorly for the prisoners if the group had not lend their assistence.

Fire in the hole

After the riot was over with and almost all of the guards dead Mr. G got around to speak to his old friend, Fidel who said they could talk about it out in the foresters hut.

There after Fidel walked up to the wardens office, snuck in and riddled the warden full of holes before disappearing from the area.

Fidels Revenge

After gathering the dead guards weapons and equipment the group quickly left the area fearful of wouldbe reinforcements.

• 4 weeks later...

The trick is not to make to blow up but go flying instead....I would like to see an enemy get up and dust himself of after flying halfway across the map.

In other events....The Chronicles of Mr. G....

After investigating the mysterious Mr. Smith Mr. G and company discovered plans to poison the water supply of a nearby allied base and blame it on the russians.

To get into the base Mr. G got some false ID's courtesy of Mr. Smith and the local book salesman.

Upon arriving at the base the group was met by the allied MPs who Mr. G snared a few phrases at and made them cringe away.

Group Meeting

After arriving at the water scoop Mr. G and company encountered the group of imposters and opened fire upon them gaining the element of surprise. The two first enemies was taken out by sniper fire from Moshe. One more went down with a headshot from Larry. Three more went flying or being blown to bits with a few sticks of dynamite. The last enemy tried to be sneaky but got the Sanders treatment instead and fell to the ground riddled with 9 mm bullet holes.

After securing the outside Mr. G, Fidel and Sanders snuck inside the water scoop building to root out the enemy. Sanders discovered two of them bunched up around a corner and quickly plugged them full of lead.

Got hammered down

After more or less blowing up half the water scoop and hostilities having ended the group grabbed all thing russian and escaped down the sewer system as allied soldiers closed in on their location to check out what all of the racket was about.

Aftermath of the battle

• 3 weeks later...
Looks like this game is actually worth the wait (I've been waiting 5 or 6 longer than I was supposed to for it to arrive).

It is! :P

Back to the Chronicles of Mr. G

After blowing half the allies water scoop to prevent Thor's Hammer from spiking it with cyanid Mr. G and his companions found themselves in the sewers beneath the water scoop. They quickly released that there were other thing then rats down there. Namely goons of thor's hammer and lots and lots of land mines.

Going through the mine field would have killed everyone if it wasn't for Mr. G's eagle eye sight.

Mines!

More Mines!

The Thor's Hammer rats were a bit of a nuisance for the unsung heroes but they prevailed with sneaking around and picking of the rat one at the time.

Hanging around

And also with the favourite weapons of Fidel....Explosives and grenades.

Messy!

After fighting their way through the sewers the group emerged topside only to find a lonely Thor's Hammer goon standing with their backs to them.

After deciding to take him alive Mr. G tried to make him surrender but to little avail. The goon wanted to go down fighting. So Mr. G gave him a few knucklesandwiches whereafter the goon fell to the ground.

With the sounds of allied troops hot on their trail Mr. G and company decided to hightail out of there with their newfound 'meatbag'.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...