Problem with lauching the game

wienia

Hi, I've got strange problem. After succesful instalation the game when I try to launch it, after succesful verification the CD by Starforce protection system, I get this message: "UFO.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close". Then everything returns to the desktop.

From the technical support of Cenega Poland I get an answer that I should uninstall such application as: SafeDisc 4 Blocker, SafeDisc 4 Hider, Antiblaxx, StarForce Nightmare, Virtual CD Hide SecureRom7 Stop or

Clone CD, Alcohol 120%, Deamon Tools, Image Drive, Paragon, Phantom CD and remove all virtual drives. They might cause problems with launching the game.

I've uninstalled the Antiblaxx, Alcohol 120%, Image drive and remove virtual drive but nothing change. So there is other reason.

I've got Athlon 2000+, 512 RAM, ATI 9550, WinXP SP2. I tried such graphic drivers: Omega 2.6.75, ATI Catalyst 5.9.

Has anybody the same problem and solve it succesfully?

Please help me!

When the game installs it creates different shortcuts in the game's Programs folder. One of them is a safe mode. Try to see if the game starts with that shortcut or not. Reply with the results you get.

Note that the safe mode also excludes sounds and it's use is for tracking down problems rather than actually playing the game.

Well, it could be a corrupt install. Try unistalling and reinstalling. Don't forget to empty the default installation folder before installing again, just in case.

Another option is to try and patch up to 1.2 see if that fixes the problem.

Also, unistalling the graphics drivers, running a driver cleaning tool and then installing the latest drivers could help. Particulary if your system went through hardware upgrade and old drivers are kept somewhere.

Nothing... Always the same error. I've tried to install on the other computer - everything is fine. I feel that the only way to make it run is re-installation of Windows... ;(

Thanks anyway for your help...

Maybe if you think up another solution please, post it :D