Odd firing animation

Tethran

When playing as Axis on S2 and firing with a machinegun they take up the pose shown in the screenshots to fire. Needless to say this looks a little odd. Does this happen to everyones game or is it just mine?

(The SMG animation looks a little odd but not as odd as the dancing machinegunners)

post-2688-1141429947_thumb.jpgpost-2688-1141429955_thumb.jpgpost-2688-1141429961_thumb.jpgpost-2688-1141431403_thumb.jpg

These two hopefully show that something similar occurs when the soldiers are crouched too. It happens whatever fire mode they're set to - snap shot, burst or full auto. What can't be clearly seen in the screens is that they're holding the weapon on it's side. :D

And another edit:

post-2688-1141432322_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the large number of images (and the message from the program I took them with) but this last one shows what's odd with the SMG animation - agian the SMG is on its side and held at a slightly odd angle.

This only seems to affect the soldier class - when I tried getting my engineer to fire a SMG and then a machinegun he had no problems ;)

post-2688-1141431397_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's just odd because at various times the weapon will point in the wrong direction - such as down at the ground - when shooting. And it's not just the one model - it seems to affect the whole Axis soldier class. (So if I create a main character as a soldier he does the same thing too :P .)

EDIT:

post-2688-1146174675_thumb.jpg

Yup. Another picture of it. This time the main character firing a heavy machinegun, on it's side, one handed. It's odd and it almost looks like the same pose that they take up when firing a weapon inside a PK suit. Is it possible that there's something off and it's picking up the PK firing animation instead of soldier? :eh: