Probably another stupid newbie question

rezaf

I figure I'm now a good portion through UFO:AS. I own most of the globe's regions and I'm in the process of building components for that space ship.

However, I'm encountering some EXTREMELY tedious situation: Regions are randomly taken from me and given to the Wargots/Cultists. They are not attacked, neither do I get a msg about them having fallen to enemy propaganda, they are just taken from me in a seemingly random manner. And it's not single regions, anywhere from three to half a dozen of them change ownership randomly, and sometimes I haven't taken them all back when the next batch falls to the enemy.

So I'm basically constantly Laputa'ing around the globe to retake regions.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

It seems to affect anti-propaganda bases as much as bases with barracks and empty bases - really appears to be random.

But since it's getting REALLY tedious, I'd be happy for a "solution", if there is one.

Thanks

_____

rezaf

Nothing beats answering your own questions, I guess. ;)

From what I understand, I'm merely encountering another display of the Altar programmers lack of ability, manifesting itself in giving random player territories to the AI whenever it was exterminated from the planet. God I'm glad I waited until this hit the bargain bin. :D

_____

rezaf

I find it to be an adequate choice. If they haven't made it so that cultists gain when the player "conquers" the world, what challange would of been made after that? People like yourself would be complaining about the lack of such challange at that point.

Well heres the REAL answer to your question... You can't wipe out the Cultist they are needed for the plot line so if you wipe them out they have to be given new bases or the game would be a dead end... If your able to take over the whole world so easy I suggest a harder setting of game play.. Altar has that cultist "random" feature so you can keep playing the game.. I would have handled it differantly if I made the game, (like making a base you can't Capture) but then people would bitch about Altar making a base that you can't capture so just deal with it the way it is...

When I play I always leave just ONE cultist base (has to be a base).. Untouched they every once in a while attack you but you can defend you land like normal, and nothing is randomly given to anyone.. Hope this helps