new
WangChangZhang

RookieOne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:35 PM

Okay, time to post again...
Hammer and Sickle hit the stores here two weeks ago, but when I went to check out the price at the local EB store, they didn't have it - not even in their computer archive, as the eager (bored?) employee told me. Hmmm.
The game magazine of my choice, PC Games, finally featured a two side report about H&S. To sum it up: 60% of 100% possible (but never achieved by a game in more than 12 years of magazine history).
For comparison: Soldiers: Heroes of World War II got 86%, Oblivion 91% :D. S2 was also about 85%, as far as I remember.
The testers loved the story/setting, but said the high difficulty (no save, for example), stupid AI, bad music and the out-of-date controls of Silent Storm ruined the game fun for them. At least the localization is supposed to be good. Here's the link (German!): http://www.pcgames.d...ticle_id=459063 .
I can't really say if they tested the game with the correct gameplay, i.e. using more stealth and retreat than trying to kill every single enemy, but the review makes me less curious about the game. I just recently deinstalled S2 and S3 because I grew tired of them... well, sooner or later I'll feel like shooting beautifully ragdolled soldiers in a completely destroyable environment again, and then the games will be back on my hd :lovetammy:.
PC Games lists H&S at 35$, and that's just too much for my taste. I want to play Novik's game, but I guess I'll wait till it drops to 10$.
But those of you who got it already, I wish a good cold war.

#22 Ominae

new
Ominae

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 04:37 AM

View Postbaby arm, on 26th February 2006, 10:23am, said:

Or use a present day Korean setting with the South Korean KCIA (are they still around?)

Not to raise this old thread, but to give everyone a heads up.

The KCIA is replaced with the National Intelligence Service.

http://en.wikipedia....e_(South_Korea)
"If the sight of blood makes you faint, you better give up the professor now, you CIA wimps!"

- Yu Ominae, confronting CIA agents after attempting to kidnap Rie Yamabishi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users