Tomorrow.....

Crazy Gringo

It wasn't in any gameshops (on the town) here in mid-Finland today. "Come back on next week" :they said (actually meant next month). :cool:

I was there ... but it wasn't. ;)

Well, three hours Olympic curling game (turn-based tactics) and then to a local bar... :)

Tomorrow has been postponed until further notice due to incompetent distribution....

I just got an order update from my vendor today....They say that it is in back order and will ship in 5 to 7 days....

What is with this delay?....Is it really so popular that it has taken taken the distributors by surprise? If that is the case then it is a poor excuse....If they feel overshadowed by the new big game releases on Thursday then that is another poor excuse....

I am not interested in excuses I want this delay thing resolved or I will have to visit the CDV offices in Germany....

:D;)

Hammer & Sickle was released in Germany yesterday. The prize is 29.95$, which, I think, is quite a lot for a mod gone full game. And I think it's more expansive than in France (looks at Brandeburg).

I won't buy it yet because I still have papers to write. Perhaps in April... I'll inform you about the PC Games review of the game.

No, CDV will be rich :D $35 - too big cost for this game, i think. In Russia i buy it for $12.

*grumbles something nasty about greey publishers while looking for cheap Russian vocabulary books*

Nah, just kidding. I'll get the German version, kinda "support your local language". Different to other top title PC games, like Unreal II (holy f*ck!), the actually German produced X3 (two different ship computer voices!) or the pre-Generals Command & Conquer series, S2 and S3 had a good to great localization. My tip to the hat for those 10 persons who spoke all characters. I don't even remember having found translation mistakes as is often the case with formerly English games.

So I guess it's okay if we privileged West Europeans pay a little bit more for well (!) localized games - although I think 5 bucks less wouldn't kill CDV, now would they?

*Edit* The version they offered me on Amazon.de was 29,95$.

Darn, since the publisher changed, I can't be sure if the localization team is still the same! A change of publisher already screwed up the Jagged Alliance 2 mission disc. Seems as if I have to download the German demo to find out...

Seems as if I have to download the German demo to find out...

Windows just cancelled the half finished download of the 330mb demo because "the time limit was reached".

Great, wasted 3hrs of bandwith. :D

I hope I'll get the Hammer & Sickle demo on the next PC Games, though I doubt it since the demo is already available for a while.

No, CDV will be rich ;) $35 - too big cost for this game, i think. In Russia i buy it for $12.

????? what, you paid for your own game? :D I do not understand! you made it or what? they should at least give you the finished product!!! such a shame!!!

I am not in game business, but for other jobs, they give you at least to 10 final items of your baby (I mean your creative work).

whatever price in Russia are quiet differents, they believe in England/ France that all people are riches.

Novik, are you working on a sequelle or will you stop! Let us know.

*Minor spoilers*

Okay, I've been playing for a little while now. Went through the tutorial first, as it's been a while since I played S2/S3 and I wanted to see if there was anything new. The bandits died quickly! :D

As I started the campaign, I chose Normal difficulty level. Sounded fair to not be able to save during combat. I got through the fence and saved the village with only a little trouble .... but from there it's a different story. I'm currently assaulting the convoy, and even with the help of the Crime boss guys I'm having serious trouble! I should have listened to the warnings of other people, and chosen Easy. I can't change the difficulty level now, and this game is HARD! I don't really mind hard, but starting the entire mission over when I die can get tedious after a while. Guess I'll start over in easy mode, or try to improve my tactics.