UFO: Aftershock [PC - Simulation] Ver 1.2 - Cheat

EyesOnMeV

Okay I tried it and... Let's just say I've got both good and bad news.

The good news : summoning ammo works just fine, but you have to really pay attention to the name of the item, since it is case-sensitive, space-sensitive, and whatever sensitive you might think of - an exact match is required.

The bad news : as documented in the '?' command, the second (count) parameter of the command is unimplemented (note the fateful 'TODO' comment)... Means that for each and every single bullet you want to add, you have to input the command. Fortunately the console shell keeps track of the recent commands, so you just have to press the up arrow to navigate through your past commands.

It even works with the 5.56 AP rounds, which are tricky...

SubEquipment RECORD

id INT 188

name STR "5,56x45mmNATO AP"

model STR "tactical/models/weapons/humans/5-56x45ap.txt"

iface_model STR "tactical/models/weapons/humans/5-56x45ap.txt"

Ammo Ammo RECORD

caliber INT 0 ;"5.56x45 mm"

Note the difference in the names, and beware of the dot / comma.

For this one the right syntax is of course :

>add item "5,56x45mmNATO AP"

* times the number of bullets you want.

I hope you are trying to summon explosives or energy ammo, otherwise you'll soon wish you had built those ordnance factories.

Also note that the add_item command has to be entered in the console while in the default strategic earth view, it won't work ('???' is returned) from the squad equipement view for instance.

If it still doesn't work, tell me what you are trying to summon and I'll check it out.

i'm afraid i'm still -very- early in the game, my problem is i've run completely out of bullets while waiting on construction of my first ordinance factory.

attempting to summon "Reticulan power cell" (i initially wondered if it might be that you can't summon reticulan gear because it's "unbuildable factory" as its construction listing, but i can summon the reticulan laser pistols/rifles fine)

or "9x19 mm" to shoot with the desert eagle, because s'all i've got as yet. i don't want to break things too much, i just don't like how stingy they are with ammo, and want to get around that. but at the moment, all i can do is outfit everyone with lots and lots of knives to throw if iw ant projectiles. which seems bloody stupid.

Well, turns out you're right about the "Reticulan power cell"... Actually I failed to summon any kind of (human or not) energy batteries, which is quite strange since. But it is not about them being unbuildable since alien weapons and other ammo are spawnable. Must be yet another sublety.

As for the "9x19mm" ammo (mind the absence of space) it works fine so you should be able to throw ammo clips around instead of knives (: . And anyway energy weapons suck until later in the game (plasma anyone ?).

Well, turns out you're right about the "Reticulan power cell"... Actually I failed to summon any kind of (human or not) energy batteries, which is quite strange since. But it is not about them being unbuildable since alien weapons and other ammo are spawnable. Must be yet another sublety.

As for the "9x19mm" ammo (mind the absence of space) it works fine so you should be able to throw ammo clips around instead of knives (: . And anyway energy weapons suck until later in the game (plasma anyone ?).

ah, there was a space in the 'caliber' listing for thedesert eagle, i must've misread it in the item listing. thanks again. i'm sure there must be some way to summon the batteries, i mean, i can't imagine why there wouldn't be...

a lovely revelation

add_item "Reticulan power cell" WILL work, when used during a mission to spawn one on the ground at the feet of currently selected friendly unit. i don't know if it will work to spawn energy ammo for later energy weapons, but i'd imagine it would be worth trying on the part of someone who's gotten to that part of the game ^_^

i'd never tried that way before because i hadn't spotted that in the mission cheats console list before.

edit: insert blasphemous expletives to the organ of your choice's pleasure. ALL ammo summoning (except possibly grenades, which i guess woudl be equivalent either way?) is best done in mission, rather than at geoscape. it doesn't summon individual bullets there, it summons a maxed out single troop-portable unit of them (ie: the box of 50 bullets for 9x19mm) and they will happily auto-harvest on end of mission. found this out figuring i'd reload at the end, didn't bother to check after the first dozen or so hits of bullets, and found my mission was a net gain of 3600 shells ^_^

The "add_resources # # #" goes Advanced, Basic, Alien resources. Not sure if it was mentioned but took awhile to get the right syntax for it...

"untouch" is damn useful, the only thing that will hit you is melee or AoE weapons and even then, rarely.

"no_vis" makes every mission damn easy, as does "full_heal". But if you have one of those elimination missions and you cnt be arsed to chase after the last coward, hover the mouse over him (so the square is over his feet) and type "fall_down", watch him faceplant! (: "kill_unit" works the same way, just make sure your hovering over someone or you might lose your highlighted teammember.

As for the "add_experience" one, I cnt get it to work (:

"add_experience -1, 100000" gets me ???, which is annoying. I also tried it with a specific solider (17th to join, so i assume ID =17 ?) But it still gives ???s. Grrr. Any ideas?

The "add_resources # # #" goes Advanced, Basic, Alien resources. Not sure if it was mentioned but took awhile to get the right syntax for it...

"untouch" is damn useful, the only thing that will hit you is melee or AoE weapons and even then, rarely.

"no_vis" makes every mission damn easy, as does "full_heal". But if you have one of those elimination missions and you cnt be arsed to chase after the last coward, hover the mouse over him (so the square is over his feet) and type "fall_down", watch him faceplant! (: "kill_unit" works the same way, just make sure your hovering over someone or you might lose your highlighted teammember.

As for the "add_experience" one, I cnt get it to work (:

"add_experience -1, 100000" gets me ???, which is annoying. I also tried it with a specific solider (17th to join, so i assume ID =17 ?) But it still gives ???s. Grrr. Any ideas?

Do not use a comma to separate parameters :

> add_experience -1 1000

for instance works fine from the strategic view, but the amount of experience is divided between your soldiers.

On the other hand I couldn't use a specific soldier id, I thought perhaps it would be the one found in the strat_game file extracted from a saved game, but it doesn't seem to work.

StratUnit RECORD

id INT 488

name STR "Tola Brightstar"

nick STR "VABvAGwAYQA="

isInActiveSquad BOOL TRUE

Maybe from tactical game again ?

Do not use a comma to separate parameters :

> add_experience -1 1000

for instance works fine from the strategic view, but the amount of experience is divided between your soldiers.

On the other hand I couldn't use a specific soldier id, I thought perhaps it would be the one found in the strat_game file extracted from a saved game, but it doesn't seem to work.

StratUnit RECORD

id INT 488

name STR "Tola Brightstar"

nick STR "VABvAGwAYQA="

isInActiveSquad BOOL TRUE

Maybe from tactical game again ?

Odd. I cnt get it to work. Havent tried it in the tactical, but it shouldnt work/need it. I tried in a different bunch of syntaxs too (["',. _ and yet still nothing :blink: damn thing!

• 6 months later...

Hello! Sorry guys but I still have problems with opening the console with that game.

I made just like you and every other topics told and the target line in the icon properties now looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\CENEGA\UFO Aftershock\UFO.exe" --options enable_system_console=true

I tried to remove the '' around the main command but it doesn't work (I receive an error message when I try to save it that says the files name isnt correct)

I already know the key to pop up the console may vary, but I tried every single key on the keyboard, especially the one up left, just under the escape key and the one just right to the [L] key. I use a Canadian keyboard, but really, I dont think that's the problem cause as I said, I already tried every key.

Really I may not be the only guy in the world having that problem and nothing I read until now was of any use.

If really there's nothing to do with it, I could use a trainer if you would refer me to one but I'd rather avoid using mods. I dont want the game to become utterly easy on every aspect.

One other thing, I have problems with some building construction. Every once in a while I realize all buildings under construction just stopped progressing and all I can do from then is destroy it and start all over hoping this time it will be done before that happens again. I installed the complete 1.2 version patch right away when installing the game so that shouldn't be the problem.

Hope someone can help me out with all that.... Thanks!

• 1 year later...
UFO: Aftershock [PC - Space geopolitics Simulation] Ver 1.2 - Cheat

Activate cheat mode:

Right click the UFO: Aftershock desktop icon, after click on properties and add the

following command line parameter in target field: --options enable_system_console=true

example: C:\Games\CENEGA\UFOAftershock\UFO.exe --options enable_system_console=true

Must be a space between the added words and the target destination path.

Save and normally start the game. During gameplay now you can bring up the

system console by pressing the " ~ " button on keyboard.

Now you can enter one of the following codes in the command line and edit nearly

all settings by only opening the System Console.

? - List of all possible codes

win_mission - Instantly win mission

untouch - Immortal solders

full_heal - All units healed

add_resource #, #, #, # - Additional Resources

Etc........................................

post-1057-1140632189_thumb.jpg post-1057-1140632213_thumb.jpg

https://211.172.130.172/Snap1.jpg

https://211.172.130.172/Snap2.jpg

i have looked everywhere but cannot find a reason why i cant use the 'add_resource' command. can somebody help please, i keep running out of resources!

• 2 months later...
The game doesn't look for the symbol pressed, but the keycode (a code internal to the keyboard would be a breif definition) This essentially means that what is important is the LOCATION.

French (France): M

Opening/closing the console on a FRENCH keyboard :

• 5 years later...

A console can be activated to enter helping (or debug) codes.

Shortcut + " --options enable_system_console=true"

Then ingame on French keyboard, that's [ù] key (at the right of [M])

Then enter '?' that gives the code list.

• 9 months later...