UFO: Aftershock [PC - Simulation] Ver 1.2 - Cheat

EyesOnMeV

UFO: Aftershock [PC - Space geopolitics Simulation] Ver 1.2 - Cheat

Activate cheat mode:

Right click the UFO: Aftershock desktop icon, after click on properties and add the

following command line parameter in target field: --options enable_system_console=true

example: C:\Games\CENEGA\UFOAftershock\UFO.exe --options enable_system_console=true

Must be a space between the added words and the target destination path.

Save and normally start the game. During gameplay now you can bring up the

system console by pressing the " ~ " button on keyboard.

Now you can enter one of the following codes in the command line and edit nearly

all settings by only opening the System Console.

? - List of all possible codes

win_mission - Instantly win mission

untouch - Immortal solders

full_heal - All units healed

add_resource #, #, #, # - Additional Resources

Etc........................................

post-1057-1140632189_thumb.jpg post-1057-1140632213_thumb.jpg

https://211.172.130.172/Snap1.jpg

https://211.172.130.172/Snap2.jpg

OK, since there's a lot of topics around I will add this little comment.

The game doesn't look for the symbol pressed, but the keycode (a code internal to the keyboard would be a breif definition) This essentially means that what is important is the LOCATION.

As a reference, these should be the keys for some keyboards out there

English (US/UK): ;(Semicolon)

Espanish (Spain): Ñ

Portuguese (Portugal): Ç

French (France): M (you and your weird AZERTY keyboards :cool:)

German (Germany): Ö

Note that even tho I've put the examples in capital letter where applicable, this is only to make the letter more visible to the reader.

• 2 weeks later...

However, the console provides much more than just using cheats, it also provides commands to remove special visual effects that on some machines seem to be a problem.

It's also fun after completing the game to use the cheats and play around with the ingame oddities

Opening/closing the console on a FRENCH keyboard : ù

(no need to click outside the console like in UFO:AM to close the console. Yipee.)

Geosphere Screen :

add_experience -1, 1000000

* adds 10.000 exp to all soldiers IN SQUAD formation (i.e. not those in the 'reserve' pool)

* the last 2 '0' of '1000000' are taken out, meaning the above command only adds 10.000 instead of 1.000.000

* stats are maxed at lvl 33 (289.000 xp)

finish_trainings

* self-explanatory

build_all

* instantly buils all Base buildings in construction

* can be typed in the 'Bases' screen/menu

research_all

* DON'T USE - or SAVE before

* *all research* topics are researched - not just what was being researched

* huge spoilers if you read the 'Finished Research' in Laputa - don't do it like I did !! :D

* might break the story script ?

full_store

* 500 of each item (or almost) available for Squad equipment

* some Research topics appear earlier than intended, but not game-breaking, just immersion-breaking in the storyline flow

TACTICAL SCREEN

full_heal

* heals everyone on the team (even guests)

mass_hp

* ~10000000 hp for everyone on the team (even guests)

untouch

* ~godmode

* not sure - I rarely get hit, and have mass_HP anyway - but I do get knocked down, so....

* re-type on every map ?

REQUESTS :

1. Anyone know the commands to see all enemies ? The equivalent in UFO:AM was "enemies".

2. anyone know about how long "untouch" works ? A whole session or just 1 map ?

Hmmm... can't locate an English (international) layout. Since you must have either 2000 or XP to run AS could you move your mouse over a two letter icon with bluish background (or click on it) over at the tray icon lot (near windows clock) and tell us what exactly it says?

ok, I will make another contrubution to the forum...

research_all_queued = finishes all curen researches,

BUT (!) do not use it when researching thing that will

triger the space/base missions (wargoth, moon and so on.),

as they won't appear. :D

Use it if you need to research quickly in few fields.

Good luck, my friends ! ;)

p.s.

any trainers/editors out there ?

ok, I will make another contrubution to the forum...

research_all_queued = finishes all curen researches,

BUT (!) do not use it when researching thing that will

triger the space/base missions (wargoth, moon and so on.),

as they won't appear. :D

Use it if you need to research quickly in few fields.

Ahh - thanks - that'll speed things up on my 2nd run (just finished yipee !)

Good luck, my friends ! ;)

p.s.

any trainers/editors out there ?

Who needs a trainer/editor when you can level/train 7 guys & gals to the max in less than 10 min game clock time ? ;)

Hmmm... can't locate an English (international) layout. Since you must have either 2000 or XP to run AS could you move your mouse over a two letter icon with bluish background (or click on it) over at the tray icon lot (near windows clock) and tell us what exactly it says?

ahn thats ok thnx

i have changed the keyboard to " English/BR"

Enter idiom is english

and layout now is BR

is working fine

any1 know how we add items with this command ?

" add_item ..."

with my idiot english i can understand this...

add_item itemname count (default is 1)

but... what is the itemnames?!??!

so strange, any1 have any idea about it?

another thing i see no one add this commands

" kill_nonplayer_units" is good to finish a fast mission and win the experience, but, becautiful if you use this in rescue mission, you will loose ^^

"add_unit" this add units but, only at tatical screen how to use... ok:

add_unit human male 2 ( if i remember, 1 is a enemy unit, and 2 is your unit)

but, this added unit, dont go with you to your squad at geosphere screen, so strange, but is true ^^

ok is that, im glad to back to forum, ^^

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Did anyone answer buzz-br's question listing the item names using the add_item cheat command? If I enter a "?" I get the cheat commands but no list of item names. Thanks! (:

it seems a bit odd, it's clear that if the syntax is off it throws you a reaction of '???' to say the game didn't understand what you wanted from it, but since there's a lookup command for mission-spawn parameters, one would think that (even thoguh it's not listed under '?') there's probably one for lookup of the item tables, too? does that make sense, or am i being an idiot?

• 2 weeks later...
it seems a bit odd, it's clear that if the syntax is off it throws you a reaction of '???' to say the game didn't understand what you wanted from it, but since there's a lookup command for mission-spawn parameters, one would think that (even thoguh it's not listed under '?') there's probably one for lookup of the item tables, too? does that make sense, or am i being an idiot?

Well, took a bit of tinkering, but looking back it was quite easy, although I couldn't figure out this supposed "lookup command" for items.

Basically the item names expected by the command are not the ones displayed in the game interface. Sometimes they match, sometimes they don't. The names used by the command are those found in the \strategic\configs\stratgame\equipment\equipment.txt file extracted from gamedata.vfs (see the guide to modding for beginners for instructions).

This file has a tree-like structure for all items, and for each one there is a 'name STR' line, which simply is the name we are looking for.

bottom line :

1. "vfstool.exe se gamedata.vfs strategic\configs\stratgame\equipment equipment" or download it

2. look for "name STR" strings in equipment.txt

3. add_item and enjoy

Example:

equipment.txt:

SubEquipment RECORD

id INT 15

name STR "M82A1 Barrett"

equipslot STR "Hand"

sortcode STR "Firearm"

hit_points INT 100

building STR "Basic human factory"

console:

>add_item "M82A1 Barrett"

thanks especially for posting equipment.txt, i'd tried to extract that from gamedata.vfs myself, and it owuldn't do it. with luck, i can solve my ammo problem now ^_^

edit: son of a skull-humping zombie jesus... all it wanted was quote marks. sodding quote marks.

thanks especially for posting equipment.txt, i'd tried to extract that from gamedata.vfs myself, and it owuldn't do it. with luck, i can solve my ammo problem now ^_^

edit: son of a skull-humping zombie jesus... all it wanted was quote marks. sodding quote marks.

You're welcome (: . I wasn't too sure about posting the actual file since it is part of a copyrighted material... But hey, it's just a lil' text file (:

I used this command at one point in the game where you have to manufacture certain items to move on. Even with many factories the delay was so long I felt the game was going to get very repetitive for a while. So I sped it up a bit :( to avoid getting bored. Of course there is the full_stores command but it completely breaks the strategic gameplay, so...

You're welcome (: . I wasn't too sure about posting the actual file since it is part of a copyrighted material... But hey, it's just a lil' text file (:

I used this command at one point in the game where you have to manufacture certain items to move on. Even with many factories the delay was so long I felt the game was going to get very repetitive for a while. So I sped it up a bit :( to avoid getting bored. Of course there is the full_stores command but it completely breaks the strategic gameplay, so...

ack... the quotes ar eletting me summon weapons jsut fine... but for some reason i still can't summon ammo (which is the main thing i want it for -_-;; ) have you been able to get it to summon ammo, or jsut "proper" items?

ack... the quotes ar eletting me summon weapons jsut fine... but for some reason i still can't summon ammo (which is the main thing i want it for -_-;; ) have you been able to get it to summon ammo, or jsut "proper" items?

Okay I tried it and... Let's just say I've got both good and bad news.

The good news : summoning ammo works just fine, but you have to really pay attention to the name of the item, since it is case-sensitive, space-sensitive, and whatever sensitive you might think of - an exact match is required.

The bad news : as documented in the '?' command, the second (count) parameter of the command is unimplemented (note the fateful 'TODO' comment)... Means that for each and every single bullet you want to add, you have to input the command. Fortunately the console shell keeps track of the recent commands, so you just have to press the up arrow to navigate through your past commands.

It even works with the 5.56 AP rounds, which are tricky...

SubEquipment RECORD

id INT 188

name STR "5,56x45mmNATO AP"

model STR "tactical/models/weapons/humans/5-56x45ap.txt"

iface_model STR "tactical/models/weapons/humans/5-56x45ap.txt"

Ammo Ammo RECORD

caliber INT 0 ;"5.56x45 mm"

Note the difference in the names, and beware of the dot / comma.

For this one the right syntax is of course :

>add item "5,56x45mmNATO AP"

* times the number of bullets you want.

I hope you are trying to summon explosives or energy ammo, otherwise you'll soon wish you had built those ordnance factories.

Also note that the add_item command has to be entered in the console while in the default strategic earth view, it won't work ('???' is returned) from the squad equipement view for instance.

If it still doesn't work, tell me what you are trying to summon and I'll check it out.