The local menace

GigiDuru

In theory the easiest missions are those where you "assist" a group of local fighters from a friendly faction.

Sometimes it is not necessary to do anything to win, but this is just boring. So I try to get to the baddies before the goodies do.

Thus, I either win this race and take down the baddies or loose it and arrive too late after the locals do the job. It rarely happened to me to actually fight alongside the allies; but when it happened, it was rather frightful!

My katana guy was chasing a mutant who ran into a bunch of Local SomeGuys. When all this mixed group was formed, the locals stated firing incendiary missiles within. Fortunately my guy was fast and I could extract him from the party but some of the locals successfully killed each other.

So, my atvice is to stay clear of locals. They may be friendly, allies and whatsoever but they sure are dangerous!

And to prove my point, I have another clue. In some missions you have to rescue some local leader who proves to be... just another guy with a bazooka. Now, I don't know other countries but our leaders NEVER carry bazookas (at least, they never do in public places) :mad: .

I agree I've had to reload a mission in my 2nd game because one of those brainmen got to close to my troops and both went down in a hail of m60 rounds...

But these missions are the best! after all the enemies are down hit the button to continue the mission.. then go around and knockout all the allied troops (don't kill them).. one by one take there weapons and ammo then revive them so you don't get negative relations when that group... Also watch out! Sometimes if one of them see you jump his comrade he'll open fire on you!