Brandenburg freeze

art94

Having just finished UFO Aftershock I thought I'd try Silent Storm (it had some favourable mentions in the forums). I've done two missions from the map plus several random encounters and have had no problems.

However, the third map mission, Brandenburg, has proved impossible to finish. After about two hours play I have managed to kill loads of axis soldiers and have just got into the main building. When I click on Next Turn the blue Allies movement bar gets about a tenth of the way across then the big lockup. It need cntl + alt + del to get out or hit the reset button. This is what I've tried:

1. Going back one or two save games then getting back up to the same point in the game.

2. Trying a whole load of different graphics options, 16 or 32 bit, no AA etc.

3. Running the game in safe mode.

4. Using different graphics drivers.

5. Changing the hardware acceleration through directX from basic to none.

6. Reinstalling the game.

None of these changes have had any effect. It's as though I'm getting a certain % of the way through the mission when everything freezes. If there are no enemies within range (I have the plain green title bar for free movement) the lockup still occurs.

My system is:

Athlon64 3200

1.5GB ram

Geforce 6600GT with 81.95 drivers

Soundblaster Audigy

Windows XP Pro SP2

I have the UK Gold edition patched to 1.2

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

:cool: I understood the problem I got and it may help other?

I killed my third ATI radeon 9800 graphic card, and as I am still under warranty, asked to replace it.

then I download the new update driver for it =...ATI Catalyst 6.2 Windows XP - Driver

And It definitly do not accept Silent storm.

So I had to clean up this ATI drivers and find the data disk with the original driver.

It works now, but ATI radeon 9800 is just a piece of #"*