Alien resource capturing mission problem

Sneiter

i've had 2 missions where i should capture an alien inside the spaceship wich is crashed.

Now the big isue is that i can move my squad everywhere, but the alien can't get out of the spaceship! :S

and he is suposed to get to our own landing craft.

anyone knows what to do?

Failing the mission will have adverse consequences on your faction standing.

So I thought until recently. I had trouble capturing a Reticulan (who deceased during this operation) and I expected to get the "Relationship with ... deteriorated" but there was none.

And there's more to it. If the province previously belonged to some friendly faction, they loose it to mutants after you fail the mission. Then you can request a new mission in the same province and it's guaranteed you get the province on success.

This strategy can be useful because sometimes it takes a lot of battles to get a province owned by a friendly faction. In other words: "You won, Sir, thank you Sir, will you move your ... elsewhere, Sir"

And there's more to it. If the province previously belonged to some friendly faction, they loose it to mutants after you fail the mission. Then you can request a new mission in the same province and it's guaranteed you get the province on success.

You get the province from the mutants but you do not get the bump in faction standing doing it that way. It's best to do it right the first time. If the province doesn't become yours (due to less-than-sufficiently-grateful locals) you can use the reload-save-before-mission-finish "cheat" and keep ending the mission over and over until the random determination grants you the territory. Of course, if you don't want to "cheat" and/or you don't care about faction standing, then letting the mutants take control may be the easier path (in some cases).

Well, the initial issue seems to be with the Greys (AKA potheads, AKA aliens, AKA Reticulans, and so on...). They haven't got their ladder parameter enabled, so they can't use ladders (don't confuse with stairs, wich they can use)

I'm going to try "modding" it so this parameter is enabled, but if the animation is missing... who knows what will happen.

As for faction status. Loosing a mission in faction territory doesn't grant you a negative status with them, it just gives very little boost to it and they lose the territory. This can be changed with mods.

My strategy when they just turn over, is to try and generate a mission every hour or so. Even if they don't turn over, the acumulated faction standing sure is a bonus when you need resources or good troops from them.

• 2 weeks later...