[AS] Total hang after 1st mothership mission

ricardo440

I have tried in the release version. 1.1. and 1.2

No matter what, after I clear out the loading bay the game just hangs. I get a voice description saying 90% of the wargot ship is empty, and then that is it.

There is a new screen with buttons and stuff, but none work, and nothing happens.

If someone lse has ever met this problem and knows how to fix it then please tell us.

I got the game when it was released, and would like to finish the b*stard.

• 4 months later...

Well, I got a little twist to this sad story....

I thought it was time to go and make that giant peanut in the sky go away and I had the firepower to do it.

So I saved the game and loaded up the spaceship with my selected squaddies and all the weaponry to help them do their dirty deed.

I landed and mopped the floor in the first mission and the briefing from the doc showed just fine and the 3d-model of the ship turned up fine, but....no dang mission icon. I could roll around and zoom in on that nice 3d-model of the giant peanut but just getting nowhere....

I poked around the official forum and read a post from George stating that it is caused by the map generating thingie. And that he could fix it if you send him your save game....

I had a nagging feeling that there was something wrong with the map generating when the progress bar when loading a game/starting a game/mission when on the giant peanut jumped from 48% to 98% in the blink of an eye.

I am gonna try to reload the game from before the giant peanut in the sky subcampaign and see if that works. Otherwise George is gonna get a savegame in an email.

My puny efforts were in vain so I send George the savegame....Who was quick to fix it and send it back to me....Even he couldn't try it out due to heavy use/abuse of mods in my game.

So I'm gonna test it when I get back home in 2 hours time.

Edit: Besides having my UFO Aftershock disk finally giving up the ghost so it is beyond a readable state (2-4 cm cracks from the middle hole), I did manage to get the unbugged savegame tested and it worked fine until a reboot and the disk being eaten. ;)

However a new game has been ordered very cheaply online and should soon arrive to be used/abused.