Kill The Major

brandeburg

Hi I played S3 again and got the egyptian area mission to kill the traitor major. I accepted the front attack, and as BORIS told us it is a suicide attack:

Is there a way to kill the Major ?

Whataver I tried my hero always commited suicide in a cinematic, blow himself away with a grenade next to a robotman.

I load manytimes, coming alone, with team silently or with Panzerkleins. No way everytime I entered the arsenal 3 Robotmen exit from stockrooms, and after a while my hero killed himself in the way describe above!

I used all grenades, no one left, I put my heros in A PzK, or far away in a room near the entrance!

NO WAY always the same cinematic! It is a bug or the stupid end scheduled by the autors?

Let me know, because I am in a dead end lane!

Better is to take the mission in the 2nd choice(stealth) but I wonder If we can do it with the first option mission"front attack" ???

I played this part and walked through it. A bit dissapointing. The mechs at the end were a bit annoying, but as long as you had some armor piercing rockets and some heavy frag grenades then you were fine.

I'm not sure what is going on with the cinematics, but I can assure you that it is possible. The end is short, yet satisfying in some sick way.

Good luck.

I played this part and walked through it. A bit dissapointing. The mechs at the end were a bit annoying, but as long as you had some armor piercing rockets and some heavy frag grenades then you were fine.

I'm not sure what is going on with the cinematics, but I can assure you that it is possible. The end is short, yet satisfying in some sick way.

Good luck.

Spoilers.....

Yeah, this mission is difficult without heavy armour piercing rockets, high exposives grenades or charges to take out the mechs at the end, but it is possible! You need to spend all the money you have on these before you start this mission, and save them until the end. Take the Laser and a sniper PK to deal with the enemy PKs at the front gate, by this time your scout should be good enough to sneak up and take out the soldiers not in PKs. In the fight with the mechs, try to keep your hero alive and out of harms way, don't be too sad if you lose one or two of your squad when taking them on.

It is possible but takes a bit of effort. I seem to remember the last bit is very easy once the mechs have been destroyed.

I also believe that some of the PK cannons that are available to buy at the end of the game are effective as well, but they cost a fourtune and youy need all the money to pay Thompson (or whatever his name is) to tell you where the hammer base is........

thanks guy, but It never worked. as soon as one of the robotman is near to be destroyed, my heros comes and do is Kamikaze attack. I am playing impossible with full AP on ennemies.

One time the one at rigth climb the stair to follow my crew who went stealth to the same stair, and when they where next to the ladder to descent on the other side, I got the same cinematic! and He was on the top with shade!

:cool: it is the first time I take the front attack and it is quiet impossible!

thanks guy, but It never worked. as soon as one of the robotman is near to be destroyed, my heros comes and do is Kamikaze attack. I am playing impossible with full AP on ennemies.

One time the one at rigth climb the stair to follow my crew who went stealth to the same stair, and when they where next to the ladder to descent on the other side, I got the same cinematic! and He was on the top with shade!

:cool: it is the first time I take the front attack and it is quiet impossible!

Exactly what tactics are you using? I seem to remember using the laser PK to take out the first, mech and an engineer with hecsogen charges to take out another. A combination of a grenadier with HE grenades and another PK with heavy mortars to take out the last. I did take a lot of damage and I think Arbala and Toki were ripped too pieces, but I got there in the end. The gate on the right of the room then opens and a final mech comes out, then you can climb the stairs out of the new room to the final confrontation.

And on how much health is you hero? I didn't get that cut scene unless my character was near death. I think it is critical to keep them on as much health as possible.......

Exactly what tactics are you using? I seem to remember using the laser PK to take out the first, mech and an engineer with hecsogen charges to take out another. A combination of a grenadier with HE grenades and another PK with heavy mortars to take out the last. I did take a lot of damage and I think Arbala and Toki were ripped too pieces, but I got there in the end. The gate on the right of the room then opens and a final mech comes out, then you can climb the stairs out of the new room to the final confrontation.

And on how much health is you hero? I didn't get that cut scene unless my character was near death. I think it is critical to keep them on as much health as possible.......

Interesting cutscene trigger.

spoiler:

I remember the last mech(after the 3) being indestructable or else it was because I didn't have any grenades strong enough to get through the armor. The console said that no damage had been given.

I ended up running my scout who had the most APs back behind him and up the stairs. Can't remember how much health he had, but I am sure he hadn't lost much. The other guys just took cover.

It is definitly a bug !!!??? after my man killed himself, the screen freeze with no possibility to get hand on it, no way to rebot I have to unplug the computer! Do not ask me why?

thanks for infos guys ;)

Yeah sounds like you've got a problem there. I had a similar problem with one of the Russian mission - when it went to cutscene at the end of the mission it wouldn't load up and my PC eventually froze.

Only way to fix it was to save a copy of the saved game, uninstall S2 and S3, and then reinstall. It worked fine after that.

Schuh I never did find out exactly what the trigger was for the Suicide ending, but I'm sure it had something to do with remaining health :cool:

• 1 month later...

I just finished the "stealth" mission of this, and killing the Major was easy! He just stood there and let a cinematic kill him! :lovetammy:

But one thing struck me as kinda weird - the "killing the major" cutscene came just after the Major's big speech to Boris about the Cold War and his wonderful mechanical soldiers, who come out and kill 3 random guys in a cinematic.

Is the game supposed to end right there? Did I do good by being all sneaky and everything, so I shut down the mechs from the control room or something?

I just finished the "stealth" mission of this, and killing the Major was easy! He just stood there and let a cinematic kill him! :D

But one thing struck me as kinda weird - the "killing the major" cutscene came just after the Major's big speech to Boris about the Cold War and his wonderful mechanical soldiers, who come out and kill 3 random guys in a cinematic.

Is the game supposed to end right there? Did I do good by being all sneaky and everything, so I shut down the mechs from the control room or something?

I guess we're way past a spoiler warning here...

Anyway, I played the stealth way 3 times and always got this ending. I don't think there is any other way to do it; as soon as you open the door or even get too close to it, the cinematic starts.

And one of the "random guys" the MechSoldiers kill is Boris...

So, what you see in the end, is the end. Making great ends to games doesn't seem to be Nival's greatest strength :lovetammy:.

I actually kinda like this ending, as it's low-key, not as overblown as game endings can be.

I suppose my squad just kept on being sneaky and left the way they came in without being spotted by the MechSoldiers. And those MechSoldiers continue to wander the Egyptian desert to this day....

Poor Boris, though. :lovetammy:

• 4 weeks later...

I did the sneak attack, which was ridiculously easy - and has a brutal ending!

Spoiler...

I ran into the room, watched the Boris head-exploding cut-scene, then my guy just shoots the Major. That's it. Then it switches to the guy on the desk, who wakes up and turns the picture over...

How many endings are there?

I discovered the one that you found and and the one which you get if you assault the bunker directly (phone call). Stealth might be nice....But I prefer total destruction....

I managed to take a third route which gave me no ending at all I just got stuck....

It goes something like this....Go for the stealth approach....Instead of opening the door to the majors lair I blew the door to stairs away in a vain attempt to try and save Boris instead I got stuck....

During this little experiment I also blew the door in the Major's lair open instead of opening it and gave him an explosive charge as a parting gift....Still no ending cinematic....

I'll have to try to frontal assault sometime.

I have to say that the stealth approach provides a disappointing ending. I mean, you sneak through the underground base, taking out elite soldiers in close quarter combat, and then... you shoot the guy with a .45. Come on!

I'll have to try to frontal assault sometime.

I have to say that the stealth approach provides a disappointing ending. I mean, you sneak through the underground base, taking out elite soldiers in close quarter combat, and then... you shoot the guy with a .45. Come on!

Sending them flying is more fun! I know....

• 4 weeks later...

The frontal assault is more satisfying. You need high-penetration weapons against PKs - grenades don't cut it. I usually go in with two PKs and panzerschreks.

The second time I finished, my score was about twice the first time, I've no idea why.

• 2 months later...
The frontal assault is more satisfying. You need high-penetration weapons against PKs - grenades don't cut it. I usually go in with two PKs and panzerschreks.

The second time I finished, my score was about twice the first time, I've no idea why.

PWM-1 grenades cut it quite fine :drink: as do PKs with sniper guns. If you have two snipers and two good grenade throwers in your team, just stock up on PK sniper ammo (about 30 shots for each should do) and nothing else. The heavy grenades are plentiful throughout the level and you'll need about 20 of them for the ending :drink:.

I've never tried panzerschrecks, because PK with sniper gun seems quite reliable at even very long distance.