Editting corp relationships in Apoc with XeD

Mazdek

The display isn't what I'd call intuitive. Anyone know how to translate those numbers into something useful? I don't see how two relationships, A -> B and B -> A, needs four numbers to describe them. Is this sorta like how agent stats are stored, an initial value and a changed value? Which is which? bah!

It's like this, person A is infatuated with person B, but person B is disgusted with person A and does not want to have anything to do with A - even to the point of hostility. So there's a love-hate relationship going there. In the game, if company X is very friendly with the aliens for some reason or other, this doesn't mean that the aliens are friendly with them unless the relationship between the two was mutual from the start, like the Cult of Sirius and the aliens.

The two different numbers are, in my opinion, the battlescape and cityscape values. I've been told that they're not by the creator of XED - so I'm unsure. You can always test this yourself and see what it does. Try and set Megapol to be hostile with you in the cityscape or battlescape. Send one of your ships near one of the megapol cruisers and see how they react. Don't fire back. Once you know, head on into a police station and raid it. Switch off your weapons and walk around until you find a Megapol officer and see how the officer reacts.

That's all I can say. Give it a go yourself and see how it goes.

No, actually, don't try it with Megapol. Try it with the aliens.

Otherwise, they're just treated as double values. You might as well set both of them to the same value.

- NKF

If you raid a given company, their units will fire at you. Doesn't matter if they were allied or not, you are launching an attack against them, after all...

If you launch an investigation against an organisation, you'll only see their soldiers if that organisation was hostile.

Of course, the cityscape view lets you check the statuses at a glance anyway.

The retaliation doesn't start until after your units have performed some offensive act on the guards. So until that happens, your relations level is at a standstill.

This is, unfortunately, how the stun raid works.

- NKF

Only if damage is caused to the building by you or the guards, who sometimes like to play catch-the-armed-proximity-mine. As long as you don't actively hurt anyone, the relations stay the same. The only way you can hurt them without getting the blame is to have them jump off a high ledge with psi.

The guards have this annoying habit of picking up anything not bolted to the ground and tossing it about. Most of the time you'll have to bring along a stun grapple to knock them down to get whatever it is they've been playing catch with (like psiclones and elerium). Hence, the term, stun raid. Once they start wearing shields, you have to resort to psi.

- NKF

I don't know about pants - but I've seen them throwing the grenades and clips that you see lying about the place. And on some occasions, armed proximity mines. I really don't know why they sometimes arm the mines, but it has happened to me a few times when I was - ah - looking for a power sword to "lend". :cool:

- NKF