Intelligence: Effect on XP and skill gain?

Taghmon

In the description it reads that intelligence affects experience gain(can't quote only have the german version). It's not clear if this means Lvl up, skill gain or both.

Playing S2 i could find no evidence, that intelligence affects experience. There was a small difference in XP between the chars, and maybe the intelligent ones did get lvl up a little early, but that was only 20% of a lvl between my doc(10 int) and my soldier at the end of the game. So not worth mentioning.

On skills is hard to compare, cause i used no class double. It might be that the basic skill gain(skills raise even without using them) might be a little higher fopr intelligent chars but again not much. Skills gained for using items were always 1 lvl for 10 actions, so no intelligence influence there.

But what about the cap? I think that AP is caped by lvl and Dex. Vp by lvl and Str. So it would be logical that Int caps skills depending on Int(like detect/spot).

Anyone found evidence that Attributes influence the skill cap? besides lvl and class?.

I going for a scout; no need for any int skill but detect. And my S2 scout had always 20% lower detect than my sniper during S2(by Int 6 to 7). Could a low(or very low) int be a problem for a scout using the skills:shooting, throwing, close combat, hiding, detect, interrupt?

Int affects the XP gained whenever an enemy is killed.

I don't know the exact formula, but whenever an enemy is killed, everyone in the team gets XP. The exact amount each character gets is determined by their Int. But as you said, this difference isn't huge, but it is there.

Also, Int is the relevant stat for the First Aid, Engineering, and Spot skills. So, the maximum level for those 3 skills is determined your character's Level, Class, and Int.

*EDIT* Int might also determine Interrupt. Either that, or Dex does. I'll have to check.