Xenocide's BuildBot

Azrael Strife

Reist and mindstormmaster have almost completed the installation of BuildBot. This will allow the Programming Department to have "continuous integration" where each change triggers a test compile on various servers, ensuring that the codebase is always in a clean state.

BuildBot's reports can be found at https://buildbot.projectxenocide.com

Basically, it keeps track of just about anything that gets done with the project and dumps the timeline on that page.

Different "builds" are marked in yellow, changes that worked are green, stuff that didn't work is red, and the grey stuff is more or less unimportant.

Going by what it says, and what you said, it makes it easier for multiple people to work on the same project by keeping tabs on what's happening.

I'd also assume it keeps everyone's copy of the code up to date. This is very important, because if one guy changes part of the program that someone else is working on, it's possible some of the changes might get overwritten and lost.

Dunno if that makes any sense at all. :cool: All I know is it's easier (if somewhat slower) to keep tabs on things if you are the only programmer. ;)

Well, I don't think that ever happens, all of our programmers discuss what they are going to do before they do it, so they are always working on something different, it'd be a mess if they just worked on random things, as you said they would run the risk of losing work.