The Mohammed Drawings

It's strange looking at all these comments, not one person has commented on the fact that many Muslim leaders have called for "the heads" of the people who published these cartoons, and lets be honest - that's all they are cartoons, and though so called 'British muslims' have paraded through London waving "death to all non muslims" placards through the streets - which is clearly against the law in England as it is inciting racial hatred , and yet no British have objected due to it being offensive.

Maybe it's due to the fact that Europeans have our heads so far up our own arses that all we can see is bowel.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the individuals at those protests should emigrate to Iran if they hate Britain so much. That way they get the chance to see what life in a country ruled by the fundamentalists is REALLY like. Mind you, this is not the first time they have protested, so I don't expect anything better from those jerks.

Until recently, a cleric called Abu Hamza, aka Captain Hook, preached the same rubbish outside a mosque in London. The press coverage mostly implied that he had thousands of loyal followers because it makes a good story, however the average attendance at one of his regular weekly sermons was 40.

That's right, 40.

One million British muslims, half of whom live in or near London, and only 40 bothered to listen to his rantings.

The other 999,960 British muslims are not inclined to listen to someone who claims to hate and despise everything about Britain while claiming £20,000 in state benefits each year, tax free as well. We only arrested him when our 'equal' partner, the USA told us to, because his sermons were useful for identifing who the potential suicide bombers in our midst happen to be.

As for his missing hand, he claims to have lost it in Afghanistan (I'm a bit forgetful as well), but cynics have pointed out what the punishment for theft is in Saudi Arabia...

It amused me that the Danish Front, after announcing on their homepage that they would be at least 100 to the demonstration, turned up with 30 people and about 10 times that number showed up to counterdemonstrate.

Now an Iraqi cleric demands that Danish soldiers posted there should apologize and that "The pope should interfere and make Denmark apologize."

Amazing......not only do these people not understand the idea that the Danish government has no power over the press, they also think anyone would give a damn about what the pope had to say. They are apparently completely ignorant about the social and religious structure of Europe.

I'd hate to be the head of a liberal Muslim organization. I'd have to spend all the time telling everybody in the media that the atrocities committed by fundamentalist neanderthals all over the world really isn't something condoned by all Muslims or the religion of Islam. And nobody would believe me. Not with the current level of misinformation spread on both sides, of which the text messages being sent around in Syria concerning the koran burning being an excellent example.

If you'd told me six months ago that we'd be practically at war with a major religion because of the stupidity of a newspaper editor, I'd have laughed in your face. This is beyond apologies now.

It's just come to my attention that some of these were first printed back in september...

And they've decided to whine about this NOW?

Oh yeah, they're reeeealy devout muslims.

Frankly speaking, with the amount of obvious crap and counter-crap being spewed on all sides, it's a wonder they've been able to find gullible recruits.

My heartfelt apologies if this rant was in the least bit offensive, but I have grown steadily sick and tired of this whole extremist mess for a couple of years now. Do a search for the name "Hadi Awang". I'm living in the same country as he is, and thankfully 90% of the muslims here believes he needs an I-Love-Me jacket. Unfortunately, that still leaves 10% but eh, can't have everything.

Still... :cool:

The extremists will take every single oportunity to kick the foreign infidels out "their land". And this time they seem to have managed to accomplish it with at least the danish people that live in those countries. With so many of them living in bellow human conditions, the hatred passed down from parents to children towards the non muslim nations it is easy to rally these people into riots.

I can understand how a firm muslim believer would feel their religion insulted by the comics as much as any other firm believer of their religion would be. But they way they're going about expresing it is simply absurd. They are clearly showing to me that it's not an apology what they want, they just want to riot and any excuse will do.

An other danish embassy bites the dust....This time in Libanon of all places....

This time the goverment obviously has apologized for letting the people let out some 'steam'. But the people went out of control and torched the danish Embassy.

And in other news Quatar and Saudi Arabia do not allow danish trade delagations into their countries anymore.

What will be next?!?!? What will they do when have burnt all the embassies and chased all the people out and it still haven't gotten them the vindication that they crave?

Holy Godwin's Law Batman!

Yes, G! At some point to it comes down to that 5.4 feet tall austrian twit who went on a fit of insanity from 1933 till his demise in 1945. Or even that french 5.4 feet tall french twit that went on a fit of isanity from 1807 onward.

Charismatic persons are all a round waiting for the right time to climb above the masses stepping on them as he goes happily along towards some kind of sway/control over the masses.

I say leave the masses alone. They don't need guidance and enlightment from the charismatic lunatics who only will lead them down in chaos and despair as history has shown again and again.

What goes on behind the scene that the charismatic lunatic amuses the masses from is much more interesting then seeing the charismatic lunatic. But it is not often or even never that the common man get a little peek of what goes on behind the scene.

At the moment, I'm really wondering why Britain bothered to continue the war against Nazi Germany instead of accepting a negotiated peace, which is what Germany wanted. The way the world has been going in recent years, perhaps all we did was to delay the inevitable.

Neo-Nazi parties are increasing in popularity throughout most of Europe partly because the war was so long ago that people are forgetting how brutal the Nazis were.

The form of Islam being preached by the fundamentalists goes entirely against their ancient traditions of religious tolerance and intellectual freedom. Now anti-semitic cartoons seem to regularly appear in Arab newspapers. The Daily Mail reprinted some of them in order to get the current row over the Danish cartoons into a sort of perspective; a common feature in these cartoons was to compare Jews with Nazis, even though the cartoons demonstrate a very Nazi like intolerance.

The rise of Christian fundamentalism in America is just as bad as the rise of Islamic fundamentalism, although it is less well known. You try finding a doctor in America who is willing to perform an abortion. They've also picked up the notion that God hates gays, and it was to secure their support in the last election that Bush decided to make homosexual marriages unconstitutional. So how are they different from Muslim fundamentalists or European neo-Nazis?

The form of Islam being preached by the fundamentalists goes entirely against their ancient traditions of religious tolerance and intellectual freedom.

If that were true, then they would not be "fundamentalists". Fundamentalism is about adherence to original principles. Jihad is very much fundamental to Islam.

The rise of Christian fundamentalism in America is just as bad as the rise of Islamic fundamentalism, although it is less well known. You try finding a doctor in America who is willing to perform an abortion. They've also picked up the notion that God hates gays, and it was to secure their support in the last election that Bush decided to make homosexual marriages unconstitutional. So how are they different from Muslim fundamentalists or European neo-Nazis?

Your being (more or less) equally ignorant about Christianity and Islam does not make the two equivalent. Although there are some reprehensible people who claim to be Christians, there are also reprehensible people who claim to be Muslims. An important distinction is that the latter are quite likely to be genuinely what they claim to be.

By the way, has anyone else heard about this?

DeepOne, Jihad IS a Muslim tradition, but not in the way people in the West think. We have come to see jihad as being synonymous with holy war because of the way radical clerics are always calling for a holy war against the West.

A muslim who endeavours to memorise passages of the Koran, goes on a pilgrimage to a holy shrine, increases his scientific understanding or who attempts to convert non-muslims by the power of reason is also engaging in jihad. This is what WIkipedia has to say on the subject. Curiously, the deliberate targeting of civilians with suicide bombings goes against the traditional notions of Jihad, so Al Qaeda is therefore un-Islamic :cool:

Anyone who thinks that Islam is intolerant might be surprised to learn about the religious tolerance and intellectual freedom of Islamic Spain, concepts that took a long time to take hold in Western Europe. Spanish Inqusition and Albigensian Crusade anybody? The hatred we see directed towards Jews, Christians, Hindus and liberal Muslims is a surprisingly modern development.

The fall of the Western Roman Empire in the 5th century caused classical knowledge to be snuffed out in much of Europe. Classical knowledge of science, medicine and engineering were built upon and reintroduced to the West, but not by the Eastern Roman (Byzantine) Empire. It was the Arabs.

What I'm getting at is that Islam is being distorted by the fundamentalists (or radicals if you prefer) into something that it never was, in the same way that Christianity has been distorted by people with their own unpleasant agendas.

Curiously, the deliberate targeting of civilians with suicide bombings goes against the traditional notions of Jihad, so Al Qaeda is therefore un-Islamic

Well, I don't think they had explosives technology in the days of Islamic scriptures, but the killing of civilians was a regular practice of Muhammad and his gang. They were basically desert pirates (read the Sunnah), and those they didn't kill were usually made slaves. The greatest deed by far that a Muslim could perform was to be martyred which essentially meant dying while killing the enemy (i.e. non-Muslims), and the suicide bombers are following that line of thinking while using more effective technology than the swords and arrows of old.

The hatred we see directed towards Jews, Christians, Hindus and liberal Muslims is a surprisingly modern development.

It's been going on since the days of Islamic scripture (around 700 A.D.) if you call that modern. Muhammad spent a great deal of time railing against Jews, Christians, and Muslims who wouldn't fight (he called them hypocrites).

What I'm getting at is that Islam is being distorted by the fundamentalists (or radicals if you prefer) into something that it never was, in the same way that Christianity has been distorted by people with their own unpleasant agendas.

Christianity has certainly been distorted to the point that many of the distortions are considered "mainstream" (e.g. Catholicism). But having read both The Bible and Islamic scriptures (not just the Qur'an), I can tell you that they are very different and that today's Islamic fundamentalists are following the path that their prophet Muhammad laid out for them. Islam was meant to be a violent path to global conquest. I'm glad that not all "Muslims" are fundamentalists; however, it seems that they still believe that Islamic scriptures are the literal and/or inspired word of Allah (even if they haven't read them). And that perpetuates the violent dogma which those scriptures contain. All that hatred we see is not a result of people distorting their religion; it comes from Islamic scriptures (which fundamentally define the religion). The Muslims with a distorted view of Islam are the peaceful ones - despite what the popular politically-correct multiculturist propaganda says.

Well, DeepOne. This surely puts a new perspective on Islam and he-whose-name-shall-not-be-uttered.

I guess ever since information came into exsistence it has been used in warfare....namely information warfare.

So the islam that those peaceloving waterpipesmoking weaklings are advocating is a major piece of disinformation in my ears/eyes when I read your reply in this topic. If you do not share this point of view then please take no offense for me letting my point of view be known.

As the chatolic belief system and it's cohorts I could kick their preachers teeth in when as I learned about their history of just how narrow-minded the church was in some 500 years where they burned scholars and scientists who made mockery the churches view of how the world looked like and was made of.

Finally the church couldn't subdue the scholars and scientists any more and the world entered an golden age of exploration and discovery which has been rampaging through the world ever since with it good and bad sides.

What you believe in is a personal perference and do not ask me what I believe in because I am one of the 'Confused' who believe in nothing and everything.