Crash with PKs

Dinsdale

This happens repeatably any time I try to leave a mission if ANY of my team is wearing a PK. I first noticed it in the Boris mission when PKs first show up. I salvaged all five, then got ready to leave for base. After I talk to Boris, I hit the "leave" button and get the "Loot" screen. Doesn't matter whether I pickup anything or not... I close this screen and get the "Mission stats" screen... so far all is normal. When I close the "mission stats" screen, I get the gray spash screen of the base, it starts to load and the it crashes to windows. I get the error window which says that "sentinels.exe has caused and error.... etc. with a close and debug button. Happens if any team member has a PK, I tried each an every one... one at a time... same for all. If NO ONE is wearing a PK, it works fine!!! I get the office cutscene with Boris, etc... The same thing happens after the "defend the base" mission, and the "ruins in eqypt" mission... I've tried everything I can think of... nothing works. I'm running the US "Gold" version, and I've tried it with and without the 1.1 patch. I even tried installing it clean on another computer and copying my saves over. Same thing again... The save might be corrupted, but if it is, I'm not going to start all over just in order to test this theory. In addition, the Nival forums have been down for the last day or so, so I can't get any help there. Does anyone have any ideas of anything to try or a fix for this??? I'm running an nVidia 7800GT card, which might have something to do with it, but I'm not sure. Otherwise this is a high end gaming rig with XP pro, and all the latest drivers, etc. (I DID try older drivers, but can go back past 77.77 since the 7800GT isn't supported in earlier drivers)... Thanks again for any suggestions.

I FIXED IT!!! - This might help others who have similar crash problems... I found an old, obscure post from someone at Nival which mentioned deleting certain save files. I tried this and it worked!! The files are in the "/save/<profile name>/<name of saved game>/" folder. Open that folder and you should see several files. Two of them will have names in the format of "xxx_xxxx.sav", where the x's are numbers. Delete these two files! (The game will recreate them as needed). Hope this helps someone... I spent about two days trying everything to fix this.