Can you add more mercs to the game?

Seraphim2150

Can you add more mercs to silent storm sentinals? And if so how?

The mercs hiring screen (system) is hard-hard-coded... I think... and it's full anyway. At least you can edit orginal mercs as you wish. Then you don't have to make new speechs (whish are quite complex to add).

Via 'story' way: Make a new merc and add him/her to random encounter. Make "1 timer" encounter and a script to it. In the script there can be many ways to add a merc to your squad. Most common ways are after talking or seeing. ((Check out the orginal script/s)) There is a special random encounter script to one orginal random where you can have Shade (the Ninja). Use those script functions/commands for your own encounter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also use 'cheats via console' for a new merc:

CreateUnit( nPersID, nPlayerID, szName, szWaypoint, nLevel )

UnitAddToParty( szName, 1 )

Example:

CreateUnit( 1000001, 0, "badass", "hall_unit1", 1 )

UnitAddToParty( GetUnit("badass"), 1 )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nPersID = Pers ID-number (if you have created one own it's ID is 1000001)

nPlayerID = Player ID (party is number zero)

szName = Pers name for scripting (free to set)

szWaypoint = In a current map there should be a waypoint where the unit will be stationed

(in base there is waypoint "hall_Unit1"... you can use it... for example)

nLevel = Unit level (free to set)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm... I hope I didn't forgotten or written wrong something... But I think I did... :lovetammy:

CreateUnit( 1000001, 0, "badass", "hall_unit1", 1 )

UnitAddToParty( GetUnit("badass"), 1 )

Correct code is:

local unit = CreateUnit( 1000001, 0, "badass", "hall_unit1", 1 )

UnitAddToParty( unit, 0 )

Second parameter in UnitAddToParty is a player number. It must be zero for human player.

Well, terrors uniforms are not redressable in the Sentinels. (I don't know are those rd in H&S - I sure hope so :lovetammy: )

Anyway... Maybe you should ask from these fellows in da their thread:

https://www.strategycore.co.uk/forums/index...?showtopic=4869

Suit you, Sir!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

local unit = CreateUnit( 1000001, 0, "badass", "hall_unit1", 1 )

UnitAddToParty( unit, 0 )

Thanks Novik for the correct stuff. I think this command is needed to make the merc permanent(?).

GroupAddUnit( GetParty(), unit )

Other wise it will removed from the party after a 'mission'. (???)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened + checked my uniforms testing database and noted that I managed somehow to create own uniform items for S^3 ... If you are going to make a new uniform you should check out first how the orginals are made and linked to different tables. Then read bellow with discount. If your goal is just to edit orginals ... these 'tips' may help you on the way.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Simple unofficial way to create uniform:

Open RPG Items table, copy-paste (with CTRL) any uniform. In the item's properties window is a model slot. This is the next to chance.

---

Open Models table, copy-paste any uniform model. NOTE: Copy's geometries should be much as possible same than the item what you are going to create. Models have materials and those are divided up to different parts ( body (main part) / face (head or headgears) / legs / orders ). Different material slots (0,1,2,3) are like layers - to avoid overlapping.

---

Open Uniforms table, copy-paste (or create own) uniform. Uniforms have different slots and it's models are also like layes. Belt slots are used to place clips/grenades/knifes etc on the character. Most important slot is ModelID. Link this to the model what you just made. Lowest slot, ItemID is also very important. Link it to your created uniform item.

---

Now back to Items table. Link the new item's model slot to your created model. Now you should have a unofficial uniform item (I mean, it may be 'packed' wrongly but at least it can be redressed). You can add it to store via Tools > Edit Store Items or just place (drag&drop) it to first mission template.

HUH? Sounds 'simple', doesn't it? If you just dance around in these tables with more spare time than me ... maybe you find out something what I badly missed.

Now I'm going to ski in the forest and maybe I take a bottle of rum inside to my redressable jacket. :cool:

Ehjep... I had a little break to "smell of the digital gunpowder" games... I got back to sci-fi stuff. It was in order to me :cool:

When you say uniform do you mean the folded up one or the one which someone is wearing
Yep, I meant items. Folded up was the word what I was looking for (packed?). Those use item's geometries and not 'full character models = wearings' geometries. Try to test different uniform-item's geometries for the new uniform-model... U will find something what fits somehow.

Btw1, don't add face model to uniform-model's headgear slot or there will be cutted off head upon the folded up clothes ;).

Btw2, if you want to add your uniform straight to character then go to pers table. Put 'wearings' to model-slot and your custom uniform (linked to item) to uniform-slot.

ohh and i can't copy anything even though i am using the hotkeys
I think you can/may copy (hold CTRL and drag&drop) almost everything else but not those which needs exporting progress (geometries/heads/dialogs...). All slots (character's inventory for example) will not be copied but you can set back most manually. Use orginals as exemplars.