Some defense & research questions

Space Voyager

The alien ship is soon to arrive, so I'd like to have some info;

1)Can you get attacked at ANY base or only on the ones at the enemy border?

2)How much help is the militia I train at some bases?

3)If I built a bigger defence structure and than destroyed the smaller one that already trained 5 soldiers, will these soldiers be transported to the bigger structure or are they lost to kingdom come?

Somehow I managed to make the mistake of researching weapon accessories blueprints before the operation. So now there is no operation to be researched - but I'm positive there wasn't one to start with. The only option were blueprints. Since I was warned about this problem I always checked if there is an operation of any sort to be researched before going for any of the blueprints.

4)So how come the blueprints were able to be researched and the operation wasn't?! Should I wait some more and the operation would just pop-up?

5)I have no save left from pre-accessories times, so I'll play the game to the end without them. Is that possible or are these accessories invaluable and somehow decisive for the game?

6)Is there a way to remedy the problem?

For the alien ship that is soon to arrive, those usually attack just about anywhere. In my game, they usually attack non-base territory. For the cultist, after you wipe them off the face of the planet, they will spawn randomly at your bases on earth every hour. Once they spawn in that base its theirs. If not, they normally attack territories next to theirs. But it usually doesn't post a problem as your first important task after having a steady income coming in, is to attack cultist bases and prevent them from spreading.

Where they spawn each hour and take over your bases seems to be random. So if you have a lot of bases taken over by them, you can just quick save BEFORE the hour hits (e.g 03:59:01) then if they hit you pretty bad, you can just quick load the game. You can keep doing this even until to a point they don't spawn at all in that 1 hour...

As for defence, don't bother I had a base with barracks, sercet service office, school and a college. It still got taken over god know how many times I lost count. Just use the quick save and load.

As for defence, don't bother I had a base with barracks, sercet service office, school and a college. It still got taken over god know how many times I lost count. Just use the quick save and load.

Ok, I'll cancel the barracks... Or perhaps I'll wait and see. Anyway, judging from your response I think it's far better to leave the Cultists a province or two and defend the borders than save/load every hour a couple of times. So I won't run them over.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Barracks are a liability, not just bad.

I went into one mission which was: reinforce the goons in your base, kill the baddies and minimise losses.

I couldn't physically reach the fight before they all died, even running top speed. I lost the mission and the base, without my guys shooting a single round or being shot at once.