Pillars of Death *Possible Spoiler*

Adie

Im on the second mission that i have to locate the pillar of death and destroy it. The map is a warehouse with a suspended motorway (freeway), and no way to get up there. Now after killing all SGs and running around the map several times, in every room etc, the pillar of death is nowhere to be seen.

I thought ok this must be a bug cos the game has planted it on the motorway and i have no chance of completing the mission. So i reloaded the autosave and retried. Same again no sight of the Pillar of Death.

Anyone have this problem or know if its supposed to do this so im forced to lose territory?

Yeh i know the one you mean, it had vehicle wreckages on. BUT this one im talking about stretches the full width of the map with nothing on it. It has wreckages under it, in parked up positions on both sides of all the pillars that support the road.

I haven't played the game in a while, so I don't know if the latest patch fixes the PoD problem, BUT the bloody thing is usually in one of the rooms of the warehouse. If you can't find it, I suggest you load a saved game from before the mission and try again.

It might be a bug.. In my game I've had about 3 destroy the pillar missions.. The 3rd time, I sweep the map clear no more SG and no sign of the pillar... It was one of those refinery maps.. I reloaded and still same thing.. I spent 20 mins looking for that stupid pillar.. Finally I loaded an earlier save and had to play from there.. That mission has not come up again....

I think its a known bug.. I'd give up on it.. load a previous saved game.. :lovetammy:

Yeh seems to be a bug. Like you mentioned i reloaded from a previous save. Im alot further now and im guessing ive had a dozen or so PoD missions, and it seems a 50/50 chance that the pillar is there or not. Reloading from a time before the mission appears on the Earth seems to be the best way of resolving it, as reloading the autosave just before the mission continously has no PoD or so it seems. Recently loaded 5 times the same mission with out any luck, but reloaded before mission appeared i had the luck.