!!SCHWARZT!! Part1-version (beta) for S^3

KoMik

!!SCHWARZT!! Part1-version (beta)

(Modded with Silent Storm - Sentinels)

(sorry about my bad english... try to hold on... I will edit this post later)

"Okay... It was a mistake coming here. This island is a hellhole, but I needed the money and I'm sure it's going to be war back home. I don't know which is worse. This island and it's strange owner/leader or nazis threatening everyone."

"Information from the outside world takes time to get here. Anyway, I just heard... War has begun back home. Maybe I stay here a bit longer. I have nothing waiting me there. Here at least I have a decent salary."

post-3446-1137931889_thumb.jpgpost-3446-1137931934_thumb.jpg

History:

The year was 1922 when a ship called M/S Seagull ran into the rock of a uninhabited island. After the shipwreck ship's captain Captain Allmän set up a small community with his crew. Other sailors and familys from the mainlands expanded this community during years. Harbours, villages, roads, and a railroad were built.

Until 1935, everything was well. Then a corporation called Schwarzt came ashore. Without a warning they attacked to villages and occupied the whole island with force. Weak resistance - mostly low armed civilians - was overthrown after two months fighting. Schwarzt named the island to Swarnic and began immediately build structures for projects and manufacturing SWZ-products.

Schwarzt didn't had lots of servicemen so he made a deal with Fühler when the WWII began. Weapon deliverys, military electronics and other SWZ-products was traded to Axis soldiers. These hired army men were stationed on the Swarnic mainly to guard areas - at least so they were told.

Beginning:

Gamer start as a Schwarzt worker who fall into troubles and get against his/her employer. Under the pressure, hero must somehow get a general picture of the island and use it for escaping attempts.

<<DOWNLOAD HERE>>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To install/uninstall:

Unpack zip-file to your S^3 directory to get a "SWZ_demod" folder. Activate mod from the game's main menu custom game screen and start a campaing. To uninstall --> remove folder. It's not a mod for the orginal game's scenario so AddMod doesn't work.

Notes for all (prepare):

(!) Beta... Demo... Part1... (no special adds and not a new type of game) (!) No weapon value/name edits (!) Some mobs are armed with melee weapons and the game's AI isn't very well supported for melee fighting (stucks and waits the Grim Reaper) (!) Civilians turns sometimes cause momentarily jams (thinking and thinking some more, I'm trying to fix/use more stabile script-functions in the future... still learning) (!) Inludes big boys language, a weird story and lot's of digital entertainment based on violence. You sould be over 15 years. (also some bad humor, no comments) (!!) If you are playing H&S at the moment then we won't recommend this. (version is more unfinished than finished)

Some known bugs/errors:

!!! Don't press esc during a dialog because it will start 'ghost-sounds'. (no speechs added)

!! Fast made and not full fixed and tested. (time is limited, we are lazy and so much to see and do...)

! Solecisms and misspellings.

Missing from the illusion/show:

One zone/mission (from the P2P1-area), new textures, speechs, music (old scifi jingling&rattling), charcter's acks, some lip-syncs in dialogs, lot's of journals and other strings and the never ending fine-tuning. Version number will not raise above 0.5 before planned textures, sounds and music are added. All zones time of day is set to day for low graphic gards but if your machine can run lighting effects smoothly then open console and write SetTimeOfDay( NIGHT ) to get the meant ambience.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your interest - we are now having a restorative break. !!All feel the power of Schwarzt!!

koMik&S (RS3_mod crew Finland/Tampere/Äpäläpä)

Common script warning.

Don't use constructions like

local fgg = GroupCanFightSize( group )
local i
for i = 0, fgg - 1 do
	... do something with GroupGetUnit( group, i )...
end

GroupCanFightSize may be greater zero, but GroupGetUnit( group, 0 ) may be invalid or dead. As result - script freeze or crash.

Correct variant is:

for i = 0, GroupGetSize(group) - 1 do
	local unit = GroupGetUnit( group, i )
	if(usrUnitIsActive( unit )) then
	... do something with unit...
	end
end

Lots of thanks-thanks to Novik, you checked these scripts and reported about the error. I'm still a novice scripter and actually pretty suprised that you didn't found more stoOopid errors... ;)

I fixed it - now it should be more stabile.

@Slaughter:

How do I update attachments - just remove and add new? That's how I did it, period. :lovetammy:

I'm still a novice scripter and actually pretty suprised that you didn't found more stoOopid errors...

I think, of course errors exists (this is a normal situation), but you write so many code, and i is so lazy :lovetammy:

Some athers tips (if you want it, of course).

1) Add external script file name to table AutoLoadScripts and put common functions (like usrUnitIsActive) to this file. This make process of scripting more comfortable to you.

2) Check for usage of function UnitIsDead. May be, you need to use (not UnitCanFight) instead? What happen, if unit will be unconscious (but not dead)? UnitIsDead will return false is this case...

3) Standard decoration of function OnTalk is:

function OnTalk( unit, pers )
BeginSequence()
UnitLookAtUnit(unit, pers)
UnitLookAtUnit(pers,unit)
WaitForUnit(pers)
EndSequence()
end

4) OnUnitDamageUnit - check it parameters for valid before do something with it.

I am happy to test the game! I tried on difficult level with 2 different class: a soldier and an engineer!

I like the random items, very effective!

The weapons are not enough powerful to kill all these BAs.....

What I really appreciate is that following an alert, Schwarzt guys really try to find you, and all together! It is why we need more firepower!

paysage are really nice.

The trouble was about delivering the other prisonners! impossible,My engineer with 36% lockpicking didn't open a door. I save every time and try and try again! No ways!

REally nice job on the otherpart.

I am putting some screenshot in a new topic at the forum, name Schwarzt screenshot!

Well done KoMik

I am happy to test the game! I tried on difficult level with 2 different class: a soldier and an engineer!

I like the random items, very effective!

The weapons are not enough powerful to kill all these BAs.....

What I really appreciate is that following an alert, Schwarzt guys really try to find you, and all together! It is why we need more firepower!

paysage are really nice.

The trouble was about delivering the other prisonners! impossible,My engineer with 36% lockpicking didn't open a door. I save every time and try and try again! No ways!

REally nice job on the otherpart.

I am putting some screenshot in a new topic at the forum, name Schwarzt screenshot!

Well done KoMik

To release the prisoners, there is a switch on the wall in both rooms that unlocks the cells. My problem is in completing the mission. I can't get the Escape objective to show completed. I have killed all of the bad guys, freed all of the prisoners, found the maps, gotten my troops to the arrows at the edge of the map, but I don't get the objective complete. What am I missing???

@Novik:

I tried to make UnitIsDead check for workers (civilians)... I think if they attack (after friendly fire or order from the senior) then gamer should be able to knock them out without having 'a bad reputation'. :lovetammy:

@fgbrooks:

Red arrow leave objectives are quite lousy made... you have to gain your group under it... and I mean shoulder against shoulder. After that you should hear a goal-sound and get a free leave. Maybe I should make the 'activate area under arrows' much wider... Now it's 4-4. One of my friends has a same problem. ;)

Hee hee, those cell doors are not openable with lockpicks... find a other way around :lovetammy: Good to know that you dare to test the beta, Brandeburg.

I found the buton to open cellar, really ggod idea to guard them, but IO believe first buttons were alarms.

post-3660-1138014986_thumb.jpg

I test the second version! The MP38 is really welcome, and the mine for my female engineer too.

Sorry I am playing mainly engineer or medic as they are In RPG the more polyvalent (snipe from far away is for myself a little bit boring after a while, but as you change perks tree... I will see!)

Really good job ;)

I just sent a new updated file to Slaughter... I think.

Updates:

- Edited and added some script stuff + strings

- Missed in 'hurry' waypoint is not missing anymore

- New variants to four missions and some new chest-variants

- More enemies to 'Barracks, Support-Center and Final' missions (watch out!)

That's all. I didn't change/edit the (frustrating small) red arrows activate areas... sorry.

If you have already started a campaign then you should restart to get new variants

available.

@Brandeburg:

Items in mobs/closets/chests will come as random... so maybe you will next time

get absolutely nothing or MP38 or MP40 or MP28 or ... oops (spoiler?). :lovetammy:

Version number is left as it was (0.2).

I just sent a new updated file to Slaughter... I think.

Thanks KoMik, for the hint on the red arrows. I was able to complete the demo (got the nice "thank you for playing the demo" message), and now I can go back and play version 0.2!!! :lovetammy: One thing, the weapons damage has to be increased, or the enemies resistance needs to be lowered. I had Vlad the Sniper shoot an enemy with his Mauser rifle 4 times before the bad guy died. My main character shot and hit an enemy 6 times out of 7 with her Nagant revolver, reloaded, and then shot and hit 3 more times before death. Another bad guy took four head shots before he expired. You get the picture.

K, thank you for playing the demo (again) :lovetammy:

One thing, the weapons damage has to be increased, or the enemies resistance needs to be lowered.
You can increase the damage made by your characters in custom difficulty screen. Lift it to 200% (which should be actually 100% and 200% should be then 300% if you ask my opinion) and see the effect. Also you can lower the damage made by enemies. If you set enemies to higher level then you will cain level-ups faster (but mobs are then more skilled).

Maybe I someday/s edit 5-10 more damage points to all weapons but rather I would like to edit that custom difficulty damage scroll effect.

I had Vlad the Sniper shoot an enemy with his Mauser rifle 4 times before the bad guy died.

If this happened in Final-'mission' then you maybe shot a supervisor or one or the other officer... these baddies are on high level and boosted.

Mr. Janitor key part, couldn't get the key.
Troubles to pick it up? Shouldn't be a problem and it will open doors right away. (The key is 'useless')

If you meant that the key was removed from the inventory after a intellectual conversation with SWZ-officer? He is to blame. If you ask: But how the hell hero manage to smuggle a lockpick inside the prison?? ...Well, you have to use our own imagination to figure that out (no comments).

Have fun.

Troubles to pick it up? Shouldn't be a problem and it will open doors right away. (The key is 'useless')

If you meant that the key was removed from the inventory after a intellectual conversation with SWZ-officer? He is to blame. If you ask: But how the hell hero manage to smuggle a lockpick inside the prison?? ...Well, you have to use our own imagination to figure that out (no comments).

Have fun.

As in I couldn't find it to pick up. :lovetammy:

Oh, really :lovetammy:? It should be near mr Janitor and i-highlighted after hero have spotted him. Then holding ALT helps to pick it up.

This have never happened to me or my mod-testers from Suomi (damn barbarians), so it really should be there...

---Maybe the zone was loaded/builded erroneous. :)

Edit:

I know one error: There is a wrong sergeant in the prison. He should be "Sgt. Kluizeb Brundo" ;). But I'm not making a update for that.

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize for how I speak in English. Has very much liked SCHWARZT.

I express the author gratitude. It is pity, that Mr. KoMik has not increased a loss from the weapons and from a pomegranate.

A question: I can not pass further the destroyed building. Has found a fragment of a note, has killed all enemies, and I can not leave. That it is necessary to do further ? This building is shown at you on first picture.

not increased a loss from the weapons and from a pomegranate.

In the demod, enemies XP-levels are higher than was actually supposed to be.

That cause hardy baddies, more shooting and that's why less realistic weapons

lethality is way too easy to perceived. Sorry about that...

Edited 14.02.06:

All my available moding time&interest goes now with maps, scripts and textures

but I try to find also time for values. I have planned to make a separated and

independent values mod (called maybe SWZ-ValuesMod ...you may

compare the name to "Family Values" :cool: ) which would work with all RS3_mods.

About this project; SWZ-Part1 will be shorter (=faster finished) than planned because we

want to have fun with our H&S-SWZ_mod as soon as possible ;) (RPG ála Schwarzt!).

A question: I can not pass further the destroyed building.

...This is a short game. On one go, gamer can play not more than intro-mission and 3-5

escaping 'missions'. There is 9 e-missions in different cardinal points but because those

are not reentertable - gamer have to choose one route and follow it to the end.

Demo's (Part1) final mission is what you mentioned.

-After that the 'real game with base' should begin.

KoMik, I'm new to this forum. I've stumbled upon it today, downloaded your game... and I was stunned! You made a better, more intriguing start than the both original games. Someone in the company should seriously think about this:

You JooWooD guys (if anyone of you are realy reading this) should be ashamed. You are notorious for the extremely short games. One just starts to worm up to your game... and there's the end! Put more levels! Contact the people from the forums, here's the gem for you! This KoMik has just given us almost a third od your entire game (SS2 or SS3), and what a third it is! Take this guy, encourage him to work, and give us new entire mods. Follow his inspiring idea, build upon that with him, give us more add-ons. Every once in a while a short several-level packages, put them on forums. Work with KoMik. It will boost the sales of the game. After all, we've all given you money for the game - don't leave us just with a game that is several years old, still atracts huge interest, but to what avail? Is it like you've made your financial plan and that's about it? No, people, do a little bit more. It'll help your company, and we will all benefit from it.

Please take this as a friendly suggestion, given in a good will.

KoMik, you ROCK!

Thanks Gox. I'm glad you noticed that we actually just tried to show and inspire gamers to a new Silent^Feeling. It started years ago and now we all can have fun with S^2, S^3 and H&S (+NW). Good games all right - but I still think that there could be greater amount of add-ons and modifications. I mean, loaded with different tales and game world tastes. How about a wild Spaghetti Western mod?

We are not skilled enough and our time is too limited to make a whole new 3D-game and programmed stuff but we want to have fun at least. Publishers and developers need to manage financial and underwrite their big projects - on and off modders don't. RS3_mod crew are friends of B-movies so we dunno how to make salable games... It's some kind of occultism, isn't it? ;)

Anyway, !!SCHWARZT!! is ours small non-commercial/professional regards to gamers, modders, developers or publishers... whoever :cool:. It's made to honor orginals and comic-styled ideas. We try to keep it's weird greets up and stuttering.

So long.