Winning missions, but not get territory?

Toey

DOH! How many times has it happend when I achieve a mission, get back to the laputa, and I haven't gained the territory? Why does this happen?

I guess my guys get more XP, but sometimes the get injuries too though.

It's a litte annoying IMHO.

Very strange, that never happened to me. Maybe it's an issue with version 1.2 of the game.

you don't always get the province, if it belongs to some one else, you just improve your standings with them

most times, if you get a message for a mission, win the mission and then try to get another mission in the same place, then you will take it over

Wether or not an allied province goes over to your control after you help them is entirely random. If you save once you've done enough to win the mission and reload a few times, you will get different results when you return to the geoscape screens.

The patches make it more likely that a province will go over if you have a good relationship with the faction, but there are no certainties.

You are always more likely to gain control of an allied province if you have accepted a request for help as opposed to instigating a mission yourself, but again there are no certainties.

The only exception to the rule is the mission that is instigated on first contact with the human, psionic and cyborg factions. In those cases, the province will always be turned over to you if you win.

• 2 weeks later...
First time it happened to me was when I was helping psionics. The province contained alien resources - the only one that was diminished, so I needed it badly. What was my disappointment, when after the mission I discovered the province remained neutral. Immediately I initiated another mission there also being a help mission only to discover afterwards that the province still remained neutral! :cool: As ill luck would have it, it happened with the province containing resources I needed most. The only good point in that is that my relations with psionics improved considerably

There is a game exploit that means if you go there to help the locals and lose the mission (or abort immediatly), the province is lost to the mutants. Then you can steam in and conquer it from the mutants. You even get improved relations with the local faction because they think you made the effort to help them.

Yeah, I already now that. With nearly hundred threads it's difficult to read all in the first place. But I think I'll give it one more try. If not then I turn to this exploit. This means five times for the single province :cool: