I need help for slow graphics!!!

Pstftrnt

Hi!

I have a problem with SS. I'd like to play with 32 bit graphic but it's very slow (even with lightning at minimum).

I also tried the graphics tool with no results. I need someone that set the file config.cfg for my system.

My specs:

Processor: AMD 32 Athlon 3200

Mainboard: Asus A8N-SLI

GPU: NVIDIA Ge-Force 6600GT (X2)

RAM: 1Gb.

O.S.: Windows XP

Thanks very much.

P.S. Sorry for my english...I'm italian...

This is overkilling configuration for this game. (For all S^X series)

You must have at minimum 15-20 FPS on "Very High" common video settings. (For normal camera zoom of course)

Try this:

Common video - Very High

Resolution - 1024x768x32

All athers vidio options on minimum.

Check. If OK - step by step increase resolution and all athers options. If not - dance around OS, antiviruses, background programs etc.

i'd kill for that setup! 6600's are fairly decent cards, and should be overkill for this game. try getting the GFX configuration utility and turning off things like FSAA, or leave it at 2x/4x, put the resolution at 1024x768 (who needs more anyhow?), and things like lighting and shadows shouldnt be an issue, but if you like, there is a 'fastest' option in the GFX utility that will turn off all the flashy stuff.

on second thoughts.. something must be screwed up. that system is enough to have everything really high on this game. 6600x2? do you mean SLI? crazy, man!

maybe you have alot of spyware.. or possibly a virus! try cleaning up your computer, or possibly formatting. there is no reason you shouldnt own this game, and be able to max it.

i have CPU a few models slower than yours (2800) and i have a crappy ATI 9600pro and i can have alot of settings on and okay resolution... on 32bit..

I have the latest drivers and the latest directx. The graphics card aren't locked to a very high AA setting.

I have no viruses and no spyware. Also my WindowsXP is new. There is no reason to reformat.

I noticed that when I switch to 32bit the game is slow -> 5-10fps (I mean...not like 16bit -> 33fps for sure!) also with low lighting. I tried the "fastest" option and it switch to 16 bit without lightning.

The same thing is with "Hammer and Sickle"...maybe a little better...

I begin to think that the problem is the game engine...