Corrupted save games

Binary

I have gotten the first mission where the cultists and wargots attack of one of your territories. If I try to load any save game made within this mission the game always crashes when it gets to around 94%. This is for both a quicksave or a normal save. The only one that works is one I made at the very start of the mission. I went back to a save in the geoscape and started the mission again, same problem. I have just installed the 1.2 patch, and before I never had any problems like this. Any insight would be appreciated.

Update: I tried the mission again, I used three separate save files to see if some could get by without being corrupted. I reloaded once from a save in the middle of the battle and it worked fine. During the mission these three saves were used again. After beating the mission I tried loading them just to see if all of them could have gotten corrupted, the quicksave and three separate save files (all made at the same point in time) all made the game crash in the same way when loading. This does not seem to happen in the geoscape though.

Hmm wow that is strange.. mostly because sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.. I'd say if it starts to happen with more saved games then do a reinstall of the game.. It could be anything for bad game code, to corrupt sectors on your HD, to a bad install or game patch install.. (im going with Slaughter on this one and saying it sounds like bad game code)

This problem came up after the 1.2 patch, I saw nothing like it before. I suppose I'll try reinstalling if the problem persists and see if that helps.

-WK- how often does the pause before saving seem to prevent the corruption?

No clue, since I never got it so far except for yesterday when I was in a rush and just saved without pause. And one of my fingers is glued to the F5 button, so you could say I save fairly often. :lovetammy:

Related: I just had this annoyance where the game would crash when the mission is completed and after loading the geoscape. I've noticed that the crash would occur with something looking like the lower part of the globe missing. What I did was spam the fastforward hotkey during the change between the loading screen and the geoscape (the black screen). Have to test if this is really a reliable method.

No mods. The problem has not come up again after playing several missions, always pausing before saving in battles, so I guess it was just a fluke. I assumed it might have been something worse, since it came in the first mission after installing the 1.2 patch.

I have a mission save against combined Cultists and Wargots, that always crashes. The very early saves I made in the mission are fine, but the ones after I've killed about 1/2-3/4 of the enemies always crash after the 95-98% loading mark. I never had such a problem prior to 1.2, nor in any other missions since applying 1.2. I haven't yet tried any new missions after I skipped that one and advanced the clock by another 1-2 days, as I'm very wary (okay, I'm afraid) that the problem might occur again.