0.50 Browning Weapon and Psi view

-WK-

I've tried doing a search first, but it came out with totally unrelated results.

1.)

So I'd already have to fight Wargots, but I usually avoid those encounters by repetead F5/F8 (the attacks are random generated). The reason is:

https://suganet.org/~kocsi/ufo/sshot_2006-01-10_16-45-08.jpg

Doesn't the biggest caliber sniper weapon -forgot name, often refered to as tank stopper with only mediocre accuracy and really slow RoF but huge damage and range- that uses 0.50 Browning ammo qualify for this? If so, I may have a problem at hand. Or is there another weapon that qualifies for this? I rarely ever fought Cultists so I may have missed a weapon or two. As you can see I could already research the Special Ammo, but still no AP and I suffer from this against Wargots. I have to use twice the amount of ammo on each mission and I'm also prone to getting hurt in the killing process since it takes twice as much time.

2.)

Ever went into Squad menu while in Psi viewmode? The models are doing some funky aquatic dance.

https://suganet.org/~kocsi/ufo/sshot_2006-01-10_00-18-12.jpg

:lovetammy:

First post btw

I think the best option in this situation would be to conduct a few raids on Cultist provinces.

Remember to leave at least one Cultist base as you will need it for a scripted mission that will occur later in the game, but you can attack other Cultist provinces with impunity.

I try to avoid going into the squad mode when in psionic view mode as it tends to make me slightly queasy.

Well.. my brother and me are playing the game simultaneously. He got to research AP Ammos without having the 0.50 Browning ammo sniper rifle. :\

I've raided a few cultist territories, but nothing new. I'm at the point now where I'd have to start the wargot subcampain. Thank god I have the USG and plasma shotgun now, so I can kill them fairly fast without conventional firearms. But still, it'd be nice to use AP instead of XP ammo in those M60s.

Is there a way to edit the saved game for this?

For some insane reason, the game requires you to FIND the appropriate weapon before you can research its ammo. I was able to get around this for the 0.50 caliber weapon (the Barrett sniper rifle) by manufacturing a Barrett rife, taking it with me on a mission, and dropping it during the mission. Even though at the end of the mission you will not see it in the equipment found list, the game counts it as a "found" weapon. When you get back to the Laputa and the Research section, you will find that you can now research the ammo. Works, btw, with any weapon.

For some insane reason, the game requires you to FIND the appropriate weapon before you can research its ammo. I was able to get around this for the 0.50 caliber weapon (the Barrett sniper rifle) by manufacturing a Barrett rife, taking it with me on a mission, and dropping it during the mission. Even though at the end of the mission you will not see it in the equipment found list, the game counts it as a "found" weapon. When you get back to the Laputa and the Research section, you will find that you can now research the ammo. Works, btw, with any weapon.

Unbelievable. This actually worked. Many thanks, dude!

Glad you got it to work -wk- :lovetammy:

I was stuck on sort of the same issue.. I had the rifle, and could make normal rounds but it wouldn't let me make AP rounds... So on a sugestion from the forum (the same that fgbrooks is taking about) I brought some AP rounds with me and dropped them on the ground.. when I won the mission I ofcourse got the AP ammo back and BAM! now it lets me research it.. strange but it worked like a charm...