What do you think about multiplayer??

PaNz3Rf1cK3r

to the fact i love strategic turnbased games (JA series!!!!) but they were never multiplayer supported

(JA:dontknow doesnt count ;)) and there is the possibility of playing s2 against human players, together with

the posibilities of editing everything (almost, i think ??) no one is talking about a "real" multiplayer-mod.

and i know about the "non-existing" community...

so i myself have some thoughts (well, dreams ^^) about doing this...

but just wanted to know what do u think of the multiplayer it is at the moment?

i played it a few times against a friend and think the roleplaying elements should be changed to tactical

elements... i have some ideas but need to get them to passably understandable english :(

but what do YOU think?? need some impressions....

Pf

It's sadly that many turn based games (SSs, JAs, FOs) doesn't have very-very good mp-modes. I have myself (with friends) dreamed a lot about playing mp-campaing(s)... We like to have fun with coop-games and making joke of AI... "Bring on all your robots"... Here have been many discussions about mp on this forum in past. Usually the problem was the time which go to turns or the truth that SSs are so 'easy-cheatable'.

FryWalker was working on (programming) his custom mp-mod some time ago. I don't know how it is going now but it really was/is a very good mod idea. AND he was planning to make it a LAN game. I just hope he didn't wore out himself with it.

Anyway, maybe someone should PM (with better english than me) to FryWalker and ask how his potential project is going...

• 3 months later...
Anyway, maybe someone should PM (with better english than me) to FryWalker and ask how his potential project is going...

Well.. then I have some good news :eh:

After months of working on a different project I have finally been able to free up enough time to return to my Silent Storm multiplayer mod!

Progress is good - fingers crossed - so hopefully I will be able to release an alpha build some time soon.

However, I think that I may need to ask for a few volunteers to act as 'alpha testers' to start with. This is because the primary builds are likely to be buggy and I don't want to release the mod to the general public until it is a stable beta.

So if you would like to be an 'alpha tester' for this mod please PM me and I will add you to the list.

Cheers!

So if you would like to be an 'alpha tester' for this mod please PM me and I will add you to the list.

Yehoo!

You can put me on the testers-list. But I have to warn about that I'm a summer person. I hardly play digital-games on summer. My friends are 'the same'.

BUT so clad you are still on the silent road! :P:eh:

...btw, does your mod work with Sentinels or/and Hammer & Sickle?

Rock & roll.

You can put me on the testers-list.

No problem :eh:

...btw, does your mod work with Sentinels or/and Hammer & Sickle?

I have been developing the mod for Silent Storm Sentinels - so I know it works for that!

As for H&S.. not sure. When the alpha release is ready I might give it a go to find out, but I haven't bought a copy of H&S as yet. How much different is the game to S^3?

hi frywalker,

If it's OK, any chance I can help testing for this? I confess I've never tested any software mod before so it could make for an interesting experience, but given S3 is the one game I keep coming back to at the moment I don't mind helping out :eh:

Cheers

Sorb

How much different is the game to S^3?

Not much. I assumed that you were developing mp-mod using orginal's "hotseat" mode. Sentinels doesn't include it... at least I couldn't open it via console.

Cool. I have couple unfinished campaign mods fo S^3 and that's why whole lotta scripted mission maps, of course. Maybe after ya mod, I have reason to release them for multiplayer gaming.

2xCOOL. :eh:

Actually I decided to start the mod as I was addicted to S^3 and was disappointed that it didn't support hotseat. Therefore I decided to start coding a mod that would allow us to have a multiplayer experience in Sentinels :eh:

...and your multiplayer campaign idea sounds really great btw!

it didn't support hotseat

That all about hotseat? Beta version for H&S located here -

https://forums.nival.com/rus/attachment.php...20&d=1141730412

Download, unpack, edit scripts\s3PvPmod.l for mod configure. (Beta version hasn't configuration utilite)

Authors remarks and discussion here -

https://forums.nival.com/rus/showthread.php?t=32212 (on russian)

If somebody wants, i may try to translate authors readme.

If somebody wants, i may try to translate authors readme.

Yes please - I would be very interested!

I tried to read the thread using BabelFish to translate from Russian to English - but it is still very confusing.

From what I can gather it is a hotseat mod for H&S only.

Is that right? Or can it be played on S^2 / S^3 also?

Thanks for the link to the thread!

Yes please - I would be very interested!

"This mode realized hotseat for H&S between some (up to 16) human and AI players.

Installation: unpack to game directory (N: i think for english version this mean "to Run subfolder"), start game, attach mod in custom menu, start new company. Map "Bridge" with 2 human players will be loaded.

(N: in first step you need to talk with gun seller, it placed near your units, don't miss that)

If you want change something you need to change some constant in file scripts\s3PvPmod.l

That is:

1) Constant PVP_MAP, it may be 1,2 or 3. (Three maps exists at this moment)

1 - "Bridge"

2 - "Destroyed town"

3 - "Defence of base". First team must to destroy PK on base, second - defend it.

2) Array PVP_UNIT[0] - this is a units for first player.

3) Array PVP_UNIT[1] - this is a units for second player.

(N: I don't know, is existing maps designed for 2 or for more players count. If yes, then you need to change PVP_UNIT[2] for 3 player etc.)

Current configuration:

PVP_UNIT[0]={5,5,5,0,0,0,0}

PVP_UNIT[1]={5,5,5,0,0,0,0}

PVP_UNIT[2]={0,0,0,0,0,0,0}

this mean: "exist two players, 3 units of 5 level for first player and some for second".

4) Array PVP_AIPLAYER.

If element of array = 0 then corresponding player is human, if = 1 then AI.

Current configuration:

PVP_AIPLAYER={0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0}

this mean: "exist two human players"

5) Array PVP_PLAYERTEAM.

For setting diplomacy between players. Allied players has equal digits.

Current configuration:

PVP_PLAYERTEAM={1,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0}

this mean: "exist two human players, and they are enemy"

Err... May be i'm better BabelFish, may be not :eh: I hope you understand something.

From what I can gather it is a hotseat mod for H&S only.

Yes.

Is that right? Or can it be played on S^2 / S^3 also?

No. But may be you may decompile mod and adaptate it for S^2 / S^3, don't know.

[Err... May be i'm better BabelFish, may be not :) I hope you understand something.

Thanks for the translation. Very interesting.

Yes - your version was much better than BabelFish :eh:

Looks like I might have to buy a copy of H&S to give it a go..