Body Armor

Schuh

Well, the game definatly has location specific damage. That means, when we see the vest on our Sentinel's chest, any shots to the chest will be reduced by a certain ammount. Since you've problably got the light body armor, then you'll only recieve 90% damage from chest wounds.

I think.

Come to think of it, I am always getting shot in the head. I've managed to get the strongest armor. My guys have it if and when it comes in handy: Grenades and the like.

Well, I constantly get shot in the arms, legs and the head as well, so its sorta hard to see what body armor will actually do. But, after the bank job, I'm too fricken rich to care about costs.

Oh, and I'll bet they won't prevent criticals -_- which are often worse then wounds.

Does anyone use the body armor? It sounded good so I equiped my squad with it, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

What are your experiences?

Next time one of your guys gets shot, just open up the console. The log outpput gives a pretty detailed explanation of each attack resolution, including the armor modifier.

@Krab - I also agree that crits are worse than wounds. Especially when you get some silly 10 point wound, but some nasty crit (like motionless). :(

Next time one of your guys gets shot, just open up the console. The log outpput gives a pretty detailed explanation of each attack resolution, including the armor modifier.

Yes. And you will can see in console - armor is unusial for your pers. It worked on enemies only. As a result of engine bug.

• 3 years later...

In version 1.1 of the game the body armor works fully. Just checked it out. I even concluded the formula for damage reduction. NOTE : body armor only works if a character is hit in BODY from directly rear of directly forward position. if a character шы hit in body from a side, he is unprotected. legs, arms and head are unprotected(for medium and light armors for sure, not sure about heavy vest). You will see sparkles when body armor works. You will see blood when it doesn't.

To calculate the damage when wearing body armor take damage taken by a char without body armor and multiply by the coefficient. The coefficient is calculated as follows:

LIGHT VEST:

0.9+0.001*weapon penetration.

EXAmple: PPSH bullets have 14 penetration so the coefficient will be 0.914

SVT40 bullets have 59 so the coefficient will be 0.959

MEDIUM VEST:

0.6+0.001*weapon penetration*4.

EXAmple: PPSH bullets have 14 penetration so the coefficient will be 0.656

SVT40 bullets have 59 penetration so the coefficient will be 0.836

HEAVY VEST:

0.4+0.001*weapon penetration*6.

EXAmple: STEN bullets have 12 penetration so the coefficient will be 0.472

SVT 40 bullets have 59 penetration sp the coefficient will be 0.754

Notice that the higher weapon penetration rank is, the more you benefit when attacking heavier vests, since the penetration values are multiplied by 4 and 6 when attacking med and heavy vests.