UFO & TFTD TO FAST

Youngy108

I use MoSlo. I only have the shareware version, which can only slow things down to 1% of normal, but that's fine if your CPU isn't faster than about 1.2GHz.

My main PC is a 1800+ XP, and it runs a bit too fast on that, but it's playable. I mostly play on my laptop, which is only a P2-300.

• 2 weeks later...

For the moslo, the command lines that I use in my batch file (ie. ufomoslo.bat):

@echo off

cd c:\windows

command\moslo /20 c:\windows\command.com

then, open up the MS-DOS Prompt, go to your UFO directory, type and run the game there. Later, adjust the speeds of the troop and the aliens to your choice (during the combat).

It works fine unless you type the moslo command twice, which make the game really slow.

After you exited the game, change your directory back to c:\windows then type "exit."

BL.

The only disadvantage of a fast game is that if laser beams, plasma, whatever are fired at your troops you'll have no idea where they came from because they're just to fast. However it saves you a lot of time not having to watch lasers miss their target and strike a barn at the other side of the map.