Magic grenade???

Kirby

I was doing one of those two level missions and got a real surprise when I got to the second (lower) level.

Two of my squaddies moved in on a sound contact and stopped just short of the doorway to change to there short range weapons. As they are switching the sound contact lobs a phosphorus grenade over the wall (and THROUGH the ceiling) which lands exactly in the middle of both guys and they get burned up pretty bad. I was mad for a second but then began to laugh to myself.......

Has this happened to anybody else!!!!

I was doing one of those two level missions and got a real surprise when I got to the second (lower) level.

Two of my squaddies moved in on a sound contact and stopped just short of the doorway to change to there short range weapons. As they are switching the sound contact lobs a phosphorus grenade over the wall (and THROUGH the ceiling) which lands exactly in the middle of both guys and they get burned up pretty bad. I was mad for a second but then began to laugh to myself.......

Has this happened to anybody else!!!!

SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT!!!

Yep! it happend to me and I got the pictures to prove it.

Insane Grenade Lobbing

Here it's a bit more clear.

Insane Grenade Lobbing 2

My question is....Where is the ceiling? In this same mission I had Wargots trying to kill my troops from the other side of the map with this insane grenade lobbing. Some did manage to blow themselves up it suffices to say.

haha got to love those physics!

Yeah, I don't have any proof.. But I've seen a grenade come from the roof of a building, after scouting there was an enemy inside but no one on the roof.. So I figured it must have come from the bugger inside the building and must have been a glitch.. Let me tell you it doesn't work for us! it tells me I can't throw there! :mad: fun fun fun

I could be wrong but i've noticed some enemy units having crazy line of sight.. They could have "heard" me but shots from across the screen are not fun haha

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I've seen wargots lob mortar shells from across the map. This usually happens when *any* of their units have a bead on my guys. I guess it's a sort of "spotter calling in the artillery" thing. In fact, that's the only time when wargots did any serious damage to my squad, was when they started shelling my position with incendiaries (and one or two actually hit the general area), so I had to mount a charge under fire towards the mortar guys.

Additionally, yeah, I guess those underground bases are "ceiling-free". What they probably do is build them in a huge cavern, and just put wall partitions up... like in an office cubicle. heh.