How do you play?

Solo

I feel that many weapons are very useless.

For example commando weapons ... why use shuriken or katana when you can do huge damages at longer range with shotgun or sonic gun or desert eagle or many other weapons.

In the same way, who use successfully psionic weapons or psionic items (ex: damage circlet,....).

For example I don't understand the interest to paralysed or poisoned an enemy when you can kill him with a skilled sniper or with a cyborg with a big gun. ;)

I've tried to use psionics soldiers (3 of my troops) with a lot of psionic stuffs and I've quickly taken back

my damage dealers. :(

Perhaps I missed something, a good tactical with these weapons??? :(

combine psionics like accuracy circlets, damage circlets, cloak collars, etc, since they have a line-of-sight range to your troops. As long as the psionic can see your troop, whatever she's wearing will affect that troop as well

Its really nice to have a sniper with a cloak collar covering troops doing a quiet rear flank attack. Never know what'll hit em :(

Infael, used a katana to finish an unconscious enemy ??? You can use a normal knife without a training

level of commando (and personaly I make ammo continually then my ammo are never depleted).

To roganlok, I think it's a good idea to train a psionic sniper...but you can have a personal cloak

device on a human armor...no need to have a psionic .

Taken as a whole, I'm disappointed by psionic in relation to the first sequel of UFO where

psionic capacities are very powerfull !!!

In an other hand I never have to use stealth capacities because I have always some powerfull "tanks soldiers" (or defense drone)

in first front line then all enemies focus on them (my snipers don't have to be stealth).

Perhaps i have some troubles with subtlety. :(

Psionic Snipers have the best accuracy possibilities, plus Psionic equipment provides some serious group buffs to your squad (And, theres even an advanced psi-item where you can use telekensis to drag your wounded soldiers into cover: Very handy). Add to that the psionic's latent sighting ability.

Katana does more damage to finish enemies; shuriken has no sound or flash, so its basically the ultimate stealth ranged weapon.

Paralyzing the enemy is perfect for the capture missions. Hard to cap the enemy when you blow his brains out with a sniper.

The difference in the stealth equip. for the human and psionic is that the psionic's is a group aura, while the human is personal.

But, in the end its a preference choice. I prefer XM8s with Flash Supressors and Underbarrel GLs/SGs, with the odd M60/Gyro/Compensator. And even more rarely, a L115A1 with Scope/Accelerator. Stealth is for getting close, so you can give em hell! :(

Psionic Snipers have the best accuracy possibilities, plus Psionic equipment provides some serious group buffs to your squad (And, theres even an advanced psi-item where you can use telekensis to drag your wounded soldiers into cover: Very handy). Add to that the psionic's latent sighting ability.

Just a note: a sniper is often alone (very long range fire) then aura it's useless ??? No?

Katana does more damage to finish enemies; shuriken has no sound or flash, so its basically the ultimate stealth ranged weapon.

I've tried many times to use stealth capacities but it doesn't work. Stealth it's usefull for eliminate an isolate alien but there are always in group

then finally my stealth soldier always been revealed, then I call on my tanks soldiers for help.

Paralyzing the enemy is perfect for the capture missions. Hard to cap the enemy when you blow his brains out with a sniper.

You can aim enemy arms or legs it's work (arms works better). The best weapon to capture one is the reticulan blaster (no need to have a psi).

The difference in the stealth equip. for the human and psionic is that the psionic's is a group aura, while the human is personal.

But, in the end its a preference choice. I prefer XM8s with Flash Supressors and Underbarrel GLs/SGs, with the odd M60/Gyro/Compensator. And even more rarely, a L115A1 with Scope/Accelerator. Stealth is for getting close, so you can give em hell! :(

Personally I use the awesome plasma gun (very high range for a very blasting weapon) and plasma shotgun (heavy heavy damages).

I have a very fast cyborg soldier with two colt635 in full auto with accelerator, it's make HUGE damages

(ideal to quickly eliminate many enemies in their back before they have the time to turn over). !!!!

In the same way I don't use Flash suppressor I prefer accelerator or recoil reducer...to blasting them all quickly.

Solo already had your choices.

a katana is for level 3 commando trained in level 3 stalker combine with level 1 ranger. i cut 1 kill. Usually 3k damage per strike. Combine will good tactical will down one group of enemy in a flash.

Level 3 com allow fast attack, using enemy body as shield a commando chance avoid getting shot at all. level 3 stalker allows 3 time more powerful critical strike.

psionic confuse is for holding powerful enemy power armor or to stall time. you will need this if you have alien assult mod went 10 to 15 enemy storm you from all direction. Your snipers will never get a changes to kill all with aimed shoots.

psionic sniper, my work in pairs

Thanks for these interesting precisions.

But I have a last question: does your tactic with the katana works on heavy armor, because me, I've abandonned my katana when I began to attack (and vice versa :( ) the Wargots.

Hand to hand weapons do ridiculous damage on them (but i have only 1st comando level).

Thanks for these interesting precisions.

But I have a last question: does your tactic with the katana works on heavy armor, because me, I've abandonned my katana when I began to attack (and vice versa :( ) the Wargots.

Hand to hand weapons do ridiculous damage on them (but i have only 1st comando level).

Not trying to be smart, but why complain about a weapon, when you do not have anyone with the skills to use it ?

for going one on one, a Sword man is nasty (in a hall way or small room, I do like my Rangers with double SMG's) (of course, a good number of my Rangers are also Commandos, so they got SMGs and Swords)

I am still too early in the game, to know if they are a long term weapon, but I like to use them

I have a level2 commando soldier but I prefer to use double SMG, it's more more powerfull.

I've tried an easy mission with only one cyborg soldier. On the one hand with katana stealth approach and on the other hand with rush approach with 2 colt635, it's incomparable.

I kill them all so fast with my 2 SMG (colt635).

I don't use reticulan or wargot weapons except reticulan blaster for capture missions and reticulan rifle for the firsts missions.

They do few domages compared with boosted XM8, plasma gun, shotgun...etc...

Then many tactics are possible, mine it's RUSHHHH !!! :(

I would try in hard diffulty to see if it still works. :mad:

About the psionics, I was talking about using them for more than Psionics.

As a sniper, with trueshot equip., a psionic sniper can easily be more accurate than others.

As a medic, with a safety net, a psionic medic can drag soldiers to her that are stuck outside of cover into cover.

Another combo for a medic is an accuracy or damage circlet with a healing collar. This means that with your medic sticking near your main line troops, she jumps up their damage (or accuracy!) while jumping up her healing abilities with the collar. Add in a life sink vambrace, and any hit points drained from enemies goes to your guys! (Within 10m)

My point is, as a support unit, a psionic has awesome capabilities. Don't just dismiss them, you might just miss out!

Also, do you use ShadoWarriors WeaponRebalance mod? It amps up the difficulty against gun wielding races considerably (Because weapons are much better balanced!)

Sorry I'm an idiot, I've trained a psionic sniper and a support psionic (heal and leader) and tried different

items combo (circlet, collar,...) it's very powerfull.

Paralyse and confuse stick work well too. :(

I will strive towards this way to increase the power of my soldier squad. ;)

My team?

1 Rifleman/medic (human) with X8/night-vision/gyro/accelerator and spas 15 with gyro for backup and heavy armour.

1 rifleman/gunman (cyborg) with X8/under-barrel launcher/accelerator, with spas 12 for backup

2 Snipers (human) with .50 Brownings/scope/accelerators

1 heavy gunner with a LAW and a PK8(think - the big machinegun anyway) as backup.

1 backup medic and 1 psionic in training

And I'm one day away from the "object" arriving!

• 2 months later...
My team?

1 Rifleman/medic (human) with X8/night-vision/gyro/accelerator and spas 15 with gyro for backup and heavy armour.

1 rifleman/gunman (cyborg) with X8/under-barrel launcher/accelerator, with spas 12 for backup

2 Snipers (human) with .50 Brownings/scope/accelerators

1 heavy gunner with a LAW and a PK8(think - the big machinegun anyway) as backup.

1 backup medic and 1 psionic in training

And I'm one day away from the "object" arriving!

My team:

Team leader (leader): G3KA4 AP rounds

Cannon Fodder 1 (trooper on crack): G3KA4 AP rounds

Cannon Fodder 2 (same stats as fodder1, twins): G3KA4 AP rounds

Cyborg: G3KA4 AP rounds (for now)

Psi: Barrett AP rounds (it's not even funny, bitch can take out whole map. I actualy did it. no reloads.).

Don't like X8. Long range is nice but... nah.

Machineguns(once I saw) suck. real bad. I am thinkin laser, no recoil at least.

• 1 month later...

My usual haunt is in the screenshots section,but i'll just add my teams here.All of them are in development at the moment.

1st MARINE DETACHMENT deals with mutants.

1 human leader - also provides close combat support

1 human heavy gunner - with machine gun

2 human marines - rifle support,1 on each rear flank,just behind gunner.

1 human incinerator - for frying mutants if they actually manage to get closer.

1 human combat medic - self explanatory,also acts as a 3rd marine.

1 human sniper - for erm...popping a hole in skulls.

2nd MARINE DETACHMENT for dealing with Reticulans.

probably same layout as 1stMD.

HEAVY INFANTRY DIVISION :P - for warring with the Cult.

a similar layout to the marine divisions,however they will all be in heavy armour and have assault rilfes as opposed to energy weapons as used on the ETs.

MECHANIZED INFANTRY :P for smashing Wargot scum!

again probably a similar layout,however this team is all about providing armour and BIG guns,via cyborgs,and 2 Drones acting like Panzer tanks for the troops to take cover behind.

Commando unit (SAS style)

4 man team for attacking at night,and also for conducting rescue missions.

These guys will have night vision and advanced detection capability ,and they will rely on SPEED and f###### British balls of steel aggression! :P

SMGs are a very definite choice for these lads,for an in yer face lead blast!

MARINE SCIENCE DIVISION - for catching a bug in a jar.

1 human leader

2 Marines,protecting the Psionics.

3 Psionics,varying abilities.

This space is for the bug to sit in.

A future planned Space Marine detachment is being planned too (obvious role,for battling up there).

I cant wait to put all this into action.

I use a mix of 2 humans, 2 cyborgs and 2 psionics in my squads based my own and others experiences with playing this game. Please do note that I am using the Rebalance Weapon Mod.

The concept is pretty much straight forward.

1 Recon element. Mostly cloaked sneaky human scout/commando types....

1 to 2 Sniper Elements. Mostly heavy hardhitting weaponry but I do have one cloaked sneaky sniper with silenced sniper rifle.

1 leader element that also acts as medic.

And then the 'general' package of 3 squaddies that mostly do general duty with rifles or MGs of anytime.

Since I use a 6-man squad layout I tend to bring along a drone for that little extra firepower when I'n not doing a capture mission.

Tell you what CG,the new UFOAL looks set to have some nice troop additions in it,or so iv'e read.For a LONG time now I have drooled at the idea of having ETs in my squad.

Finally,the ancient alliance has arrived! just like the ancient Egyptians and Sumerians envisioned,the gods have returned! :P

HAIL THE REPTILIAN GODS! LOL

Hey,maybe the Reptoids (lizard humanoids) are the new enemy?! (a thought for the future that one).

For those interested in ET conspiracy theories this great site has an abundance of information on this topic.

https://www.reptilianagenda.com/index.shtml

UFO ANCIENT ALLIANCE? the next installment! haha

Well you get those two Reticulan you rescue in UFO Aftermath as Squaddies. And they speak like a couple of indians....

But more different alien species are always an welcome addition to the game....

Gods?!? What are gods?

He who has slept for eaons has not awoken yet.

And he does not believe in 'gods' or anything else for that matter. But if you should attract his anger he will smite you into the smallest atomic particles known and thou shall exsist no more.

His name is Cthulhu and the last time he was awakend he ended up at The Floating Vagabond drinking himself into a blind stupor.