Zip doc on weapons for S2/S3/H&S mods

brandeburg

Hi guys, I hope this Zipped doc. on weapons' actual name, design and calibre could be of some help for modders.

I got all of these formations from technical army handbooks or manutacturers' manuals. You will probably find some other ior different informations on the Web, but take care, encyclopedia or dedicated weapons sites or forum are "loaded" with errors, as everyone is copying the others.

But if you are sure you are finding an error in my current list, be welcome to inform me with th original data I missed or copy wrong.

Keep in touch fo for more info, of if you want special pictures or specifications on weapons (weight, length...)

This is the actual look of the US 1903 sniper!

Yes, that is a picture of a M1903 rifle, but the rifle in the game is a M1917 rifle, not a M1903. 2 different guns.

M1903 = rifle chambered for .30-06, produced at the Springfield Armory.

M1917 = Enfield rifle, chambered in .303 British, & manuafactured under contract for British by American companies (such as Remington, and Winchester), later rechambered to .30-06 and issued to American troops when Brits cancelled the contracts.

The M1903 was the "standard issue" weapon of WWI, but there were actually more M1917s in the trenches. After WWI, the M1917 was decommissioned, and removed from service.

The M1903 was still being issued during WWII, so you're right that it should be the gun in the game, not the M1917.

PS - I wouldn't get too hung up on the "official designations". The official designation of any product often differs from what it's actually called by people who use it. As long as people can recognize what it is that you're referring to, that's good enough. And if you have to hunt for months to find the official designation, odds are that no one other than you will know it.

Yes, that is a picture of a M1903 rifle, but the rifle in the game is a M1917 rifle, not a M1903. 2 different guns.

M1903 = rifle chambered for .30-06, produced at the Springfield Armory.

M1917 = Enfield rifle, chambered in .303 British, & manuafactured under contract for British by American companies (such as Remington, and Winchester), later rechambered to .30-06 and issued to American troops when Brits cancelled the contracts.

The M1903 was the "standard issue" weapon of WWI, but there were actually more M1917s in the trenches. After WWI, the M1917 was decommissioned, and removed from service.

The M1903 was still being issued during WWII, so you're right that it should be the gun in the game, not the M1917.

You are right cookie: I did not watch carefully the game picture & did not watched the rear sight monting and the handguard of a enfield Model 1917, sorry

A Model 17 would be better , for a sniper as it has 6 rounds in 30.06 instead of 5 in .303 calibre

May be they used some of them during WWII, as it were still be use as a trainning weapon for US troops, or may be in hand of british soldiers in .303 (only 5 rounds in this case) or in hand of local resistance in 30.06

About the Us sniper 1903 rifle, you cannot reload it with a clip, but one e by one due to the scope mounting!

Lot of AP it should be!

post-3660-1134634245_thumb.jpg post-3660-1134634282_thumb.jpg

post-3660-1134639898_thumb.jpg this is a enfield but identical to the Model 17 for sniper (in this case a .303)

Thank to correct my wrong interpretation of a picture. If people find some other error, write it , it woule help me too. I trash the first zipped folder informations, I rewrited it & change it

Edited by brandeburg

here is the new update zipped file about actual names:

_I added the type of reloading which fit to the weapons, magazines boxes or drum, clips...

And one "cut and glue" error on the MP 28, no 50 drum magazine.

Sorry about that, I have to read more carefully what I am writting.

ciao :confused

Today, I am adding the mines and grenades, some of them are unknown, and some of them are not actually suitable to fight against men.

These informations are only for people who want to do a more accurate and realistic Mod! :( (AS I am trying to do myself.)

Please, be welcome to send some info or rectification. Thanks

achtung:

_ the number 145 grenade is not a offensive grenade but looks like as a defensive, but as we already have some! the range of lethaly should be decrease as the maximum range!

_ the number 143 could be a Obronny 33 grenade (polish but french design) at your choice

• 2 weeks later...

New update, with now the "cold steel" and other melee weapons. If people got infos on the ones I did not found, be welcome to give here the informations.

Again, I have to explain that these info are just here to make a more realistic mod, for people who want actual info.

• 2 weeks later...
What do I use to open the ODT file for viewing?

OpenOffice.org. I have added it to the files section in MS Word format however, and you can get it here.

@brandeburg: Why haven't I added this to the files section before? Excellent work! :lovetammy: Take a look at the one I added to the files section, and tell me if you want anything changed.

The Sterling submachine gun

In 1944 the British general staff issued a specification which any new submachine gun should conform to. It stated that the weapon should not weigh more than 6 pounds, should fire 9-mm calibre ammunition, fire at no more than 500 rounds per minute and be sufficiently accurate to allow 5 single shots to be fired into a one foot square target at 100 yards.

To meet the new requirement, Mr G. W. Patchett, the chief designer at the Sterling Armament Company of Dagenham submitted a model. The army ordered 120 examples for trials, and a few were used by airborne troops at Arhnem (MKIV & V) and elsewhere where it was known as the Patchett submachine gun. After the war, with large numbers of Sten guns in the inventory there was little interest in replacing them. However in 1947 a competitive trial between the Patchett, an Enfield design, a new BSA design and an experimental Australian design with the Sten for comparison was held. The trial was inconclusive but was followed by further development and more trials. Eventually the Patchett design won and the decision was made in 1951 for the British Army to adopt it. It started to replace the Sten in 1953 as the Sub-Machine Gun L2A1.

But they are still stamped in this case MK4 L2A1. Main difference is the finishing: WW2 have blue finishing, and L series Have black Teflon finishing. The L stand for fifties in latin letters.

The Sterling Mark 7 "Para" - shortened barrel, no stock was omitted in my list as AK47 and some other stuff as I am sharing my work on WW2 stuff, not after 1945. But it existes do not know when it was producted, but late in the fifties.

Here is Slaugther the ultimate version with number of the RPG items chart and some minors I did not noticed as mistakes.

Hi mister DODGER, I finally find some info and picture on the Sterling MK7, named Sterling Patchett para in the game (N°467):

STERLING MKVII MACHINE PISTOL. REGISTERED BY HARD TIMES ARMORY.

ACCORDING TO "JANES PUBLICATIONS" THE MKVII WAS USED BY SPECIALIZED UK UNITS SUCH AS TANK CORPS OR PARA COMMANDO UNITS.

Here a picture of the Stamp then one with silencer

Does it help you in your work? I hope so.

Don't be affraid to ask some more.

I am adding a picture of the actual stamp of a sterling of the fifties: real name is MKIV then they had in the fifties L2A serie But it is definitly a MKIv during WW2 and after!