Add Mod & Mods don't work?

Akmatov

I downloaded AddMod and several interesting mods, but something isn't working right. I installed AddMod and then used it to install Grenade Range Increase and Easier Medical and Engineering Items.

Grenade Range Increase - removed all grenades from the game, to include back at base! Obviously not what was wanted or intended. Also the game soon after starting crashes to desktop.

Easier Medical and Engineering Items - seems to have work, but soon afterwards crashes to desktop.

I'd very much like to use these two mods but something isn't working. BTB, I'm running S2 from the disks that come with Silent Storm Gold, i.e. with Sentnals.

Advise would be greatly appreciated.

Yep, totally different folders. Good question, sometimes it is the little things that get you.

I'm wondering how I coould have goofed up something seemingly so simple. And these two mods would greatly improve the game.

I'm wondering if maybe I can't learn to get into the actual game db and make some changes just for me.

I noticed this recent post: "You need MS-acess to edit the

variables: recoil factor, weight, targetting bonus, AP needed for aiming."

Which suggests to me that I can use MS-Access to open the db and modify grenade weights (which is what the mod does). However, without having read the instructions I tried to open the db with Access and it didn't recognize the format, sigh. Guess I better read up on this.

Still, wish I could get the mods to work.

Wish I could offer more help, but the mods do work for other people, so I have no idea. We have some modders at the boards however, so they can hopefully offer some insight soon.

As for the db, you need MS SQL Server to open it I believe. The modding tools comes at the CD I think.